By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 will reach 50% marketshare next year

What will you do when it hits 50%?

Pop a bottle and celebrate 221 67.38%

Weep and wail 106 32.32%

Total:327

this will be ps3's easiest year,and its 4th year victory in a row(not insanely over-shipped 360 numbers with them piled up on shelves like theres no tomorrow),ps3 might even win the holidays out of this (current)gens big 3.. wiiu i consider next gen(barely). wiiu might get 100% by default come this time next year is the ps720 isnt ready

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Aura7541 said:

No I haven't had the time or even wanted to debate about things like this lately.  If you want to get all angry then go right ahead but I expect facts not some opinion piece of garbage that has nothing to back it up.  So yes I don't even want to waste time on you guys.  But I'm glad you took the time to reply to me twice talking about the same thing.  

I'm not saying Xbox is a one hit wonder because their userbase has grown now and obviously something made by Microsoft wasn't going to stay down at 24 million forever, but they were spotted a TON of sales by Sony mistakes.  Without this gen's severe handicaps Sony will most likely lead them next gen.  The brand name is stronger as shown by the higher sales even though PS is STILL more expensive.  If it's the highest selling console despite being the most expensive the entire gen that may be the first time that's ever happened.

Both mistakes and things you do right defines you.  You act as if Sony has sold a lot more than MSFT and that is simply not true. They virtually sell the same, while sony has been outselling it lately but not by a lot either. And no Sony did not spot MSFT those sales.  X360 has more western games than Sony so most likely the NeXbox will stay dominate in the West next gen.  It hasn't been some fluke like you act like.  MSFT has proven to be a great competitor and has topped Sony in many ways.  What mistakes has sony made?  Releasing a $600 console?  Besides that what was a big mistake they've made.  No you just aren't giving credit where it is due.  Both MSFT and Sony has captured hardcore gamers but Kinect has been a success and XBL as well.  MSFT brought Achievements, a great online, and many others to this generation.  What has sony brought new?  MSFT has had a good business strategy and by you acting like they were some fluke and they don't deserve it makes you look bad.  Sony has done well with the PS3 but it lost a lot of market share to both Nintendo and MSFT, so instead of making excuses step up and realize that both Ninetendo and MSFT has done extremely well this generation.

You and others seem to think Sony is some dominate force like they use to be, but in present day it isn't.  MSFT and Sony will continue to compete next gen at a high level.

My whole point is MSFT was not spotted those sells, they earned them.

oh I see so a $400 PS3 released in 05 wouldn't have changed anything?  Got it.  I'll give Nintendo all the credit in the world.  They have earned their sales by offering a different experience and selling top notch games in underdevloped genres (in this day and age the platformer is one such genre especially 3d ones like Galaxy), but most 360 gamers I see buy COD and sports.  The only exclusive that really sells their system is Halo and to a certain extend Gears.  $600 wasn't the only mistake (although probably the biggest).  They were a year behind.  They offered none of their big franchises (GT, GoW, MGS, Uncharted) near launch.  All of these things would've resulted in death if Xbox had done it.  Instead of that fate, PS OUTSOLD the competition, which is an incredible feat considering they did SPOT MS all this stuff.  Even playing field in price and release=xbox dominated.  PS3 is still more expensive which means people are buying it for 1 of 2 things or both.  They are buying it for exclusives, or free online (PS+ is included in this value).  Selling more at the end of a generation indicates people are pleased with a system or word of mouth is better for that system.

And a $300 Nintendo 64 console with a disc based format launching in the same year PSone launched would have killed the PSone and Sony in the gaming world most likely. What is the point? It didn't happen. In your altered reality where Sony gets to launch earlier with better games and a cheaper price, does MS also get the benefit of hindsight? Could they maybe launch Gears or Halo or Fable with the console? Maybe put Kinect on the market at launch? Who cares. Also you're on a site that tracks software sales, go ahead and check out the top 10 games for PS3. You say 360 gamers only buy CoD and sports. In the PS3 top 10 you have 5 CoD titles, 2 more shooters, sports, and GTA. On 360 you have 6 CoD titles, 2 more shooters, GTA, and an RPG (I am not counting Kinect Adventures). Please do not act as if there is some huge difference in what the fanbases buy or what appeals on each system, it's the same crap.

Selling more at the end of a generation could mean a lot of things. Consoles sell the most in the US and the 360 is dominating the PS3 here. You have an element where people looking for a 2nd console in the US, are much more likely to already own a 360 than a PS3. The price is also lower than it has been so it's cheaper to opt-in. There is also the fact that MS is expected to launch the next console in 2013, which draws some people away from buying a 360 right now. Also there is the Japan factor as well. So while we are throwing out hypotheticals and what-ifs, what if the Japanese weren't biased and were open minded? And it's not like the sales are exploding.. overall sales have been lower and lower each year for all consoles. The generation is dwindling down and only MS is clear to launch in 2013.

PS4 is just as likely to launch in 2013 as nextbox.  Also I've admited multiple times I'm playing what if but all these people saying MS "earned" those sales or bought xbox because they thought it was legitimately a better console are talking out of their ass.  Most of the 360 gamers I know own one exclusive (Halo or Gears), but usually they play COD and other multiplats.  Why are they playing those on 360?  Because it came out a year earlier and its main competition was %50 more expensive (not a small amount that could be overlooked for brand loyalty).  Of course if people would look at the free online thing and think into the future they would see that even that astronomical difference would be made up for, but people tend to look at the initial price on a shelf over thinking years down the road.  Let's also not forget the artificially inflated install base of 360 due to RROD.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Anecdotal evidence is irrelevant. I don't know any PS3 owners off of the Internet that play any Sony franchises. It's all Madden, Call of Duty, and Battlefield. See how that works? And guess what? Software sales show we're both right. 2 MS games in the 360's top 10 (again, not counting Kinect Adventures) and 2 Sony games in the PS3 top 10. Maybe people play CoD and other multiplatform games on 360 because they are better there? Anyone who has played CoD knows this to be the case.

If the 360 has a huge inflated user base because of RROD then what does that say about PS3 gamers in regards to software sales? Not a hot look.

J_Allard said:
Anecdotal evidence is irrelevant. I don't know any PS3 owners off of the Internet that play any Sony franchises. It's all Madden, Call of Duty, and Battlefield. See how that works? And guess what? Software sales show we're both right. 2 MS games in the 360's top 10 (again, not counting Kinect Adventures) and 2 Sony games in the PS3 top 10. Maybe people play CoD and other multiplatform games on 360 because they are better there? Anyone who has played CoD knows this to be the case.

If the 360 has a huge inflated user base because of RROD then what does that say about PS3 gamers in regards to software sales? Not a hot look.

Whats your point. People also play CoD on the PS3, it sells millions on the PS3 aswel. Try to add something constructive to the thread instead of your own biased observations.

J_Allard said:

call of duty should be selling alot more on 360 but it only sells like 2 million more than the ps3 version which is nothing. 360 has 15m more consoles sold in US, which is call of duty territory and look how close they are. more impressive of ps3 if you ask me and maybe RROD did affect things.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
man-bear-pig said:
Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Euphoria14 said:
By the way, with the way Turkish is treated around here, no wonder Seece left.

We are a miserable bunch here and enjoy destroying our community by attacking each other.

Try to be nice, at least for just the holidays?

BINGO

I was about to say something similar. I mean wtf is wrong with some of you? 

Especially Kowen..did turkish run over your dog or something? I see you going after him a lot. Just give it a rest will ya

anyways advise for Turkish: just ignore and don't respond to posts going after you. Just going to derail threads

OT: PS3 is still going strong. I do wonder how long ps360 can keep getting strong sales going into the future. Both have room for some good price cuts as well

Both wrong and how ironic from MUGEN.  Are you suggesting Seece left becuse he was a disliked poster who was hounded?

I dont agree with that at all and neither would he.  But if you do then you better look in the mirror.

And no... I wont. I am on his case.  Live with it.

why did he leave? I always thought it was due to him being followed around and attacked on the regular and if I were him I would have done the same.

He was a great contributor.

There are 3 reasons:

1. The sources thread which exposed him.

2. Machina leaving.

3. Me.

I'M SO SORRY SEEECEMOND! COME BACK SEECEFREID!

What sources thread?

thesoucre hasn't made any threads in a while. you'll have to go to his profile and look through the list of threads he's made. it shouldn't take long. Seece also left, cause he needed new victims to insult, harass, and pester.

Seece(i called him parker when i found it to be his last name)was well respected, regardless of his antics. i thgouht him funny 98% of the time, although i let him get to me at times. and alot of the time i baited him purposely cause i new wht he hatted about me lol.

i'm still not convenced he's gone for good.

platformmaster918 said:
J_Allard said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Aura7541 said:

PS4 is just as likely to launch in 2013 as nextbox.  Also I've admited multiple times I'm playing what if but all these people saying MS "earned" those sales or bought xbox because they thought it was legitimately a better console are talking out of their ass.  Most of the 360 gamers I know own one exclusive (Halo or Gears), but usually they play COD and other multiplats.  Why are they playing those on 360?  Because it came out a year earlier and its main competition was %50 more expensive (not a small amount that could be overlooked for brand loyalty).  Of course if people would look at the free online thing and think into the future they would see that even that astronomical difference would be made up for, but people tend to look at the initial price on a shelf over thinking years down the road.  Let's also not forget the artificially inflated install base of 360 due to RROD.

You're saying everyone who bought a 360 did so only because they were ill informed, didn't care, or were otherwise mislead?

You - good sir - with all due respect - are talking out of your arse.

It's this kind of arrogance/reality disconnect - that is symbolic of where Sony find themselves at the moment. If only everyone was as educated, cultured and refined enough - they'd all buy Sony.

The possibility that anyone could find a competitors offering superior to what Sony offered, and willfully choose them over Sony because their product offered more of what they wanted/a better product in the areas they find important - be it Microsoft or Nintendo - just doesn't compute with some people does it?

Bullet point lists (usually starting with PSN +) will be brought out, maps of Europe will be imageshacked into posts, spreadsheets with "aligned launches"  and coloured lines will be attached - lectures will be delivered with all the subtlety, nuance and narrow world view of a student politician guest lecturing a civics class - and not one crap will be given by people who are happy with their choice of console this generation.

Sony clearly acknowledge where their competitors have strengths (and usually try to mimic it 12-18 months later) - I don't see why Sony diehards (a special breed apart from the regular Sony fans - who are generally open minded and level headed) have to wait for the Sony version of a competitors product to come out before they acknowledge "innovation".

The unwashed masses of low IQ, low income, poorly educated Nintendo/MS users all yearn to be free under Sony! If only they knew it.

Keep up the good work.

Turkish said:
J_Allard said:

Whats your point. People also play CoD on the PS3, it sells millions on the PS3 aswel. Try to add something constructive to the thread instead of your own biased observations.

Try following conversations instead of asking stupid questions.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
J_Allard said:

call of duty should be selling alot more on 360 but it only sells like 2 million more than the ps3 version which is nothing. 360 has 15m more consoles sold in US, which is call of duty territory and look how close they are. more impressive of ps3 if you ask me and maybe RROD did affect things.

Each release sells more on 360 by various numbers, it's not a flat 2 million difference per title. And on every release the difference in the US is higher than the difference WW so idk what point you are trying to make. It's not as simple as "well this console has such and such userbase and this one has such and such so this console should have sold such and such more". BO2 hasn't been out long enough, but MW3 sold at a higher rate on 360, even given the difference in userbase. Something like 1 in 4.5 on 360 versus 1 in 4.7 on PS3. Not a huge difference, but there shouldn't be. It's a FPS and the most popular one. It's going to be extremely popular on any console*. Furthermore who cares? I don't see what this has to do with CoD games playing better on 360 and that being a key cog resulting in some people playing it on 360 over PS3, which was what I was responding to. Just like I am sure plenty of people who own a 360 play the franchise on PS3 for free online play.

* - except Vita LOL

JimmyDanger said:
platformmaster918 said:
J_Allard said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Aura7541 said:

You're saying everyone who bought a 360 did so only because they were ill informed, didn't care, or were otherwise mislead?

You - good sir - with all due respect - are talking out of your arse.

It's this kind of arrogance/reality disconnect - that is symbolic of where Sony find themselves at the moment. If only everyone was as educated, cultured and refined enough - they'd all buy Sony.

The possibility that anyone could find a competitors offering superior to what Sony offered, and willfully choose them over Sony because their product offered more of what they wanted/a better product in the areas they find important - be it Microsoft or Nintendo - just doesn't compute with some people does it?

Bullet point lists (usually starting with PSN +) will be brought out, maps of Europe will be imageshacked into posts, spreadsheets with "aligned launches"  and coloured lines will be attached - lectures will be delivered with all the subtlety, nuance and narrow world view of a student politician guest lecturing a civics class - and not one crap will be given by people who are happy with their choice of console this generation.

Sony clearly acknowledge where their competitors have strengths (and usually try to mimic it 12-18 months later) - I don't see why Sony diehards (a special breed apart from the regular Sony fans - who are generally open minded and level headed) have to wait for the Sony version of a competitors product to come out before they acknowledge "innovation".

The unwashed masses of low IQ, low income, poorly educated Nintendo/MS users all yearn to be free under Sony! If only they knew it.

Keep up the good work.

like.

I was taken to the "dark side" by friends who had a lot of fun with their x360 - now I know why ;)