By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had to choose one country..

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
DanneSandin said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Actually, Scandinavia = Sweden, Denmark, Norway

Just a heads up ;)

Actually no; Sweden Norway and Finland :p Denmark don't have any mountains and Scandinavia is named after the mountain range that goes through Sweden, Norway and Finland ^^ Just a heads up ;)

Here you go:

;)

Scandinavia[a] is a historical cultural-linguistic region in Northern Europe characterized by a common ethno-cultural Germanic heritage and related languages that includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Modern Norway and Sweden proper[b] are situated on the Scandinavian Peninsula, whereas modern Denmark is situated on the Danish islands and Jutland. The term Scandinavia is usually used as a cultural term, but in English usage, it is occasionally confused with the purely geographical term Scandinavian Peninsula, which took its name from the cultural-linguistic concept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

So, yeah... seems you were right then :p But Denmark still hasn't got any mountains!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Japan, they have the best games and they also have anime and manga, best place eva!

If Australia went kaboom? I'd either commit suicide or live in Sweden, Norway, Denmark or Iceland.

Probably either Canada or somewhere in England, maybe the UK

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

So there are some Vikings on VGC? Too bad I'm an Americanized Viking...

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
brendude13 said:
Player1x3 said:
Brace yourselves, Japan, Canada and (*random scandinavian counry here) comments are comming...

All of these basically, you can read me like a book.

I read the whole thread like a book...its pretty obvious what kind of countries people on this site prefer

Are you surprised that people yearn for countries with high salaries, high standard of living, good universities, healthcare and low unemployment rates and decent climates?

You seem almost upset.

Mummelmann said:
Player1x3 said:
brendude13 said:
Player1x3 said:
Brace yourselves, Japan, Canada and (*random scandinavian counry here) comments are comming...

I read the whole thread like a book...its pretty obvious what kind of countries people on this site prefer

Are you surprised that people yearn for countries with high salaries, high standard of living, good universities, healthcare and low unemployment rates and decent climates?

You seem almost upset.

Most if not all western countries (minus maybe Spain and Italy) already have all that. And most people here are already residents of those countries. They choose those specific countries for other reasons

I am not sure if it is truth or not... But I once read that if you were born in Mongolia, it will not matter if you leave the country for decades, whenever you go back to Mongolia all you need to do is watch the sky... You'll know inmediately in your heart that you are back home... Even though I was not born there, I'd love to go and check that for myself.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Well culturally other Nordic countries would be ideal but as Finnish I can't understand their language (despite our compulsory swedish in school .. -.-) so New Zealand sounds nice.

Player1x3 said:
Mummelmann said:
Player1x3 said:
brendude13 said:
Player1x3 said:

You seem almost upset.

Most if not all western countries (minus maybe Spain and Italy) already have all that. And most people here are already residents of those countries. They choose those specific countries for other reasons

In case you haven't noticed, the countries mentioned here are always at the very top of every standard of living measure and most of the West has gone bankrupt and has incredibly high unemployment rates now.

What other reasons would this be then? Stability, hospitality, low crime rates, opportunity through education and work, these are all, and should be, huge factors when considering where one would like to live.