By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Luigi's Mansion Be a Huge Hit? (With a Poll)

Luigi Mansion! How Will it sell Lifetime?

Under a million 29 7.92%

1mil+ 61 16.67%

2mil+ 88 24.04%

3mil+ 70 19.13%

4mil+ 32 8.74%

5mil+ 38 10.38%

6mil+ 8 2.19%

7mil+ 9 2.46%

8mil+ 7 1.91%

10mil+ 24 6.56%

Total:366

Soleron said:

tbone51 said:

Soleron said:
You people are crazy. How can it possibly outsell the original?

look at Animal Crossing! The original sold over 3mil but the sequel on ds sold an amazing 11.83mil
Its possible!

Animal Crossing appeals to the kind of audience the DS had. That audience wouldn't have bought a GC for just that. But they would on a console that already has NSMB, Brain Training and Nintendogs. It suits a handheld better due to pick-up-and-play gameplay where you can just check up on your town and enjoy it.
Luigi's Mansion is clearly a core game, that is competing with many other core 3DS games (unlike GC launch), and that suits being played on a console because of longer average playtime and linear story progression.

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

This game would of been better suited for Wii U, I'll give you that but evn on a 3DS its gonna sell alot. Its a game people wanted for over a decade and itS gonna be good for all gamers, Core and casuals. You'll see even preorders is at #2 ATM which doesn't have a release date?

Around the Network

I'd say around 2-3 million lifetime. I mean, even Kid Icarus: Uprising is approaching the one million mark, so Luigi's Mansion should be able to beat that by a couple of million purely by its name. In the end the legs will depend on the game's quality though and, as Soleron mentioned, having multiple mansions really isn't a good sign. Trading quality for quantity is not a good move.

tbone51 said:

This game would of been better suited for Wii U, I'll give you that but evn on a 3DS its gonna sell alot. Its a game people wanted for over a decade and itS gonna be good for all gamers, Core and casuals. You'll see even preorders is at #2 ATM which doesn't have a release date?

I do not like the word casual, but casuals do not preorder. The thing I am completely confident in is that this game will not have legs.

Soleron said:

tbone51 said:

I do not like the word casual, but casuals do not preorder. The thing I am completely confident in is that this game will not have legs.

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

I smell a BET.... Interesting....

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I'd say around 2-3 million lifetime. I mean, even Kid Icarus: Uprising is approaching the one million mark, so Luigi's Mansion should be able to beat that by a couple of million purely by its name. In the end the legs will depend on the game's quality though and, as Soleron mentioned, having multiple mansions really isn't a good sign. Trading quality for quantity is not a good move.

↓↓↓Tbone↓↓↓

Noooooo.... You may be right,I thought more mansions be awesome but maybe the quality will go down...
Bummer :'(

Around the Network

This game screams 2.24 million lifetime.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I think it'll sell around 2 million.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Severely doubt that. The game is intended to exploit 3D gimmick (on both consoles, though only on 3DS it's going to be actually 3D). Probably will sell over 1M eventually though.

I think it will sell over 2 million. Its the only 3ds game i am looking forward right now. If this is not a must have game for the 3ds than what is it?Will it be bigger than two million, maybe. A bigger userbase does not automatically mean more sales. It always depend what competition on the plattform is. And there wasnt much competition on the gamecube so i think in the end it will not surpass Luigis Mansion 1.

3.8 lt

Switch!!!