By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who do you think will win the console wars?

@slimebeast.
I believe the 360 has had it's best year, I'm predicting just over 23 million LTD for end2008, or about 7 million [unlike your 10] followed by a 7, a 6 and a 3or4. (+ maybe 1 more)... so perhaps you are correct, I should increase the central range to 35-45.
I did in fact start that last post on the basis of telling you my PS3 and 360 predictions are getting closer, but I got carried away showing numbers.

@MrMafoo.
If the Wii is in a totally different market, you must be expecting near 200mil sales between PS360 [last gen market + expansion]

@Crazzy.
Glad to see fewer lists of games in your posts... (--edit- damn crazzy you already did) and your 5 predictions are interesting [5 different possible outcomes?]... would you be so kind as to put a prediction in the same format as I did?
console: min

Around the Network

TWRoO said:

@Crazzy.
Glad to see fewer lists of games in your posts...

Hahaha!

RolStoppable,

I actually just saw that you're not much better yourself.

If my prediction for X360 and PS3 holds true (combined sales of 95 mill), your prediction would mean 285 million Wiis. LOL.

But perhaps you believe in 25 million each of X360s/PS3s --->150 mill Wiis...

Anyone who says Wii motion controls are just "swing and bat" clearly has: 1. not played anything other than Wii sports 2. Not played enough Wii sports. I would actually argue, apart from that bowling download I think... all PS3 motion does is tilting. Wii sports is also a lot more in depth motion wise than anyone seems to realise... only basball is shallow on the motion (detects on the speed of the swing/throw... doesn't care about direction or position)... however baseball throwing at least adds a bit of depth by using the A, B and 1/2 buttons, and the d-pad. All the other sports are much more complex once you get to know them.

I agree with you! For my first prediction I would say that nintendo will be the first with 90-100 000000 systems sold, for HD systems , it is more difficult to predict, it depends of the implantation of blu ray and implentation of microsoft in europe ... At the end of the war we will have perhaps the ps3 neck and neck with the wii ... Who knows? ... Anyway war is already completed in some parts of the world. For example, nintendo already won in Japan and some countries in europe (perhaps) as france and the uk. wait and see! !

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable,

If my prediction for X360 and PS3 holds true (combined sales of 95 mill), your prediction would mean 285 million Wiis. LOL.

No, I believe in something like 60m for 360/PS3 combined and 200m Wiis. Well, whatever the 360 and PS3 do, the Wii will triple it.

Do you see the Wii's future in terms of 3rd party support to be akin to that of the NDS?

RolStoppable said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable,

No, I believe in something like 60m for 360/PS3 combined and 200m Wiis. Well, whatever the 360 and PS3 do, the Wii will triple it.

Do you see the Wii's future in terms of 3rd party support to be akin to that of the NDS?

No, better. Wii's 3rd party support is already better now than it was for the DS at this point in the systems' lifecycles. Higher development costs of 360/PS3 games vs. PSP games will lead to a faster shift.

Don't you think that the combined profit to be made from making a game PS3/360 multiplatform is a stronger adversary in itself for the Wii than the PSP was for the NDS?

"Don't you think that the combined profit to be made from making a game PS3/360 multiplatform is a stronger adversary in itself for the Wii than the PSP was for the NDS?"

Good question. At least in US I believe most gamers will end up with a wii and a PS3 or 360. I think it's safe to predict that a game like CoD5 will easily sell more on 360/ps3 combine than wii alone.

Smidlee said:
TWRoO said:
Anyone who says Wii motion controls are just "swing and bat" clearly has: 1. not played anything other than Wii sports 2. Not played enough Wii sports. I would actually argue, apart from that bowling download I think... all PS3 motion does is tilting. Wii sports is also a lot more in depth motion wise than anyone seems to realise... only basball is shallow on the motion (detects on the speed of the swing/throw... doesn't care about direction or position)... however baseball throwing at least adds a bit of depth by using the A, B and 1/2 buttons, and the d-pad. All the other sports are much more complex once you get to know them.

Yet  Wii sport is one that uses the remote as a 3d mouse instead of a 2d mouse.  When it comes to tracking the mouse is still the best 2d hand tracking device. 

Huh? I never mentioned a mouse... this was PS3 sixaxis tilt control versus Wii remote motion control. I never even included the stuff possible with the IR sensor [Wii sports doesn't use it in game] which i suppose is the closest thing to a mouse. The thing is, Wiimote has a lot of new potential a mouse can't do... sure if you are going to use the IR sensor as a pointer only the mouse beats it on accuracy, after all a mouse only has that 1 function. You can't realistically use a mouse like in Red Steel [tilting the gun... which is NOT done by motion sensing but by the IR remote (motion sensing backs it up if you point off-screen though)] I hear of something in Z+W which requires you to "waggle" the remote side to side, except again using the IR instead of normal motion sensors. I haven't even suggested anything yet [apart from the back-up on Red steel] where you combine both IR and motion.

IBM will win.

My websites

http://catprog.org

Online games that I play:

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Catprog