By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [Official Brasil Sales] PS3 Outselling 360 in 3:1 After New Price, TOP 10 May

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

hmm, and still x360 has a higher games-per-console-ratio than ps3 - surprising, isn't it?

How do you know that if MS never shows how much software sold in a quarter???

the only source i have - vgchartz.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

hmm, and still x360 has a higher games-per-console-ratio than ps3 - surprising, isn't it?

How do you know that if MS never shows how much software sold in a quarter???

the only source i have - vgchartz.

lol

I just think why MS never showed how much software they sold but every big release in the market (Halo, Gears, etc) they talk about sales... weird.

Argh_College said:

UOL states that Ps3 situation in Brazil is not looking too good for them.

Yeap... that's before the PS3 production here... the 360 at the same price have less than 10% market share... Brazil is Sony land... with a price cut of 40% the 360 reached the first time 65% of the market share but if you reduce 40% of the price in any other place that will happen too.

360 have yet halt the install base of PS3 here in Brazil and I don't think that will change... seems like in 2013 the PS3 will wide the gap again.

walsufnir said:
Scisca said:
On a serious note. Remember guys, that the comparison of the numbers of consoles sold in Brasil doesn't mean the same thing it means in US, UK or Japan. Brasil is very simmilar to Poland right now. X-box 360 is selling really well not only because it's cheaper, but because you can pirate games on it! This is the most important reason why people buy X360 in Poland and I'm sure it's simmilar in Brasil. Right now it's changing in Poland, but even 2 years ago it was harder to buy a not modded X360 in stores, than a modded one! You really had to search for a not modded one (and still PS3 was selling better). So even if X360 sells more consoles than PS3, Sony will still be the winner. Cause PS3 gamers actually buy games and everyone knows that it's games that give income, not the consoles themselves.

Argh_College said:
Scisca said:
I want to say I'm amused by Man-bear-pig's efforts in trying to convince Brasilians that using google translator he understands a Brasilian article better than they do :) Great stuff!

On a serious note. Remember guys, that the comparison of the numbers of consoles sold in Brasil doesn't mean the same thing it means in US, UK or Japan. Brasil is very simmilar to Poland right now. X-box 360 is selling really well not only because it's cheaper, but because you can pirate games on it! This is the most important reason why people buy X360 in Poland and I'm sure it's simmilar in Brasil. Right now it's changing in Poland, but even 2 years ago it was harder to buy a not modded X360 in stores, than a modded one! You really had to search for a not modded one (and still PS3 was selling better). So even if X360 sells more consoles than PS3, Sony will still be the winner. Cause PS3 gamers actually buy games and everyone knows that it's games that give income, not the consoles themselves.

Thats why 360 SW destroys Ps3

The only thing that's surprising is I didn't expect children from kindergarten in this forum. I'm talking Brasil and Poland (and simmilar markets), you guys reply about WW. I mean... Seriously? Wtf?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
The only thing that's surprising is I didn't expect children from kindergarten in this forum. I'm talking Brasil and Poland (and simmilar markets), you guys reply about WW. I mean... Seriously? Wtf?

but you know that pirating games is also possible in other markets? and as easy as in poland and brasil? in germany, you can buy an xbox360 preconfigured for pirated games - jtag, dvd-fw-hack, rgh, ode, what ever you want. remember the ps2? it was very easy to hack and still had a high attach-rate. so yes, seriously? wtf? but you brought "kindergarten" into discussion which disqualifies you for any further discussion.

Around the Network
Scisca said:

your last sentence didn't sound like you mean only poland and brazil with it even if you talked about that before.

" Cause PS3 gamers actually buy games and everyone knows that it's games that give income, not the consoles themselves."

sounds like it's just a general conclusion and not only about a small group of ps3 gamers. but at least you think the same as those guys who quoted you, 360 will be the worldwide winner even if the ps3 will have sold more console worldwide because sold games is what really matters to win.

"So even if X360 sells more consoles than PS3, Sony will still be the winner"

It was embarrassing to read Man Bear Pig posts on this thread.

walsufnir said:
Scisca said:

but you know that pirating games is also possible in other markets? and as easy as in poland and brasil? in germany, you can buy an xbox360 preconfigured for pirated games - jtag, dvd-fw-hack, rgh, ode, what ever you want. remember the ps2? it was very easy to hack and still had a high attach-rate. so yes, seriously? wtf? but you brought "kindergarten" into discussion which disqualifies you for any further discussion.

It is possible, but no, it's actually not as easy in richer countries, since it's much more common in poorer countries. You can do it in a richer country, but you have to put a bit more of an effort just to find the parts or people who do it. But the most important thing is - if you're richer, you don't care that much. It's not a problem to pay $60 for a game you like when you earn $2000 per month, but it is a different story when you earn $300-500 or less per month. The wages are different in different countries, the prices of games are the same.

I remember PS2. It's very popular in my country, but I don't know a single person that hasn't got a modded one. When I bought my brand new PS2 in a store, it came with a ModBo chip. By default. So yeah, the attach-rate was good, but again - in rich countries. Just look at PSP in the West - same story. I haven't even seen a UMD disc with my own eyes.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

crissindahouse said:
Scisca said:

your last sentence didn't sound like you mean only poland and brazil with it even if you talked about that before.

" Cause PS3 gamers actually buy games and everyone knows that it's games that give income, not the consoles themselves."

sounds like it's just a general conclusion and not only about a small group of ps3 gamers. but at least you think the same as those guys who quoted you, 360 will be the worldwide winner even if the ps3 will have sold more console worldwide because sold games is what really matters to win.

"So even if X360 sells more consoles than PS3, Sony will still be the winner"

That's why they teach you not to pull words or sentences out of context. These senteces were in one paragraph for a reason.

It's hard to tell who is the winner of this generation, I think everyone won. Wii sold the most and also Nintendo sold crazy numbers of their games. X360 sold a lot, but its biggest kicker is the sick money they earn from Live - a service that should be free. On the other hand PS3 sold equal to X360 and to the earnings made by PS3 you have to add the money Sony earns due to Blu-Ray. PS3 struggled in the beginning because of BD, so now you have to add this money on its account, since BD wouldn't become the new standard without PS3. So it's hard to tell who won. I think everyone did well this gen, which is great.

This seems to make sense. I'm originally from the Latin American region, and I tend to move around the area a lot. From what I observed the PS2 is still king. The system and its software are very ubiquitous so naturally it's the first choice for most people. With respect to current gen systems it seems like the 360 is more common. The landscape is mostly divided between Sony and Microsoft though. It seems like people have become less interested with Nintendo's offerings after the Gamecube. Based on discussions I think most people are more inclined to own a PS3, but the 360 hardware is cheaper, and the games are usually priced cheaper too. Most people don't play online so if you tell them about PSN vs Live in terms of cost it would not matter much. It would be interesting to see if PS3s were manufactured in the area.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS