By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New alone in the dark trailer !

Isn't it the PS3 version? Or maybe it's the DS version?
Really?
No...

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network

Looks pretty solid. I liked the little touch of him checking his own jacket for the inventory.

That's almost definitely the 360 version. It's obviously not Wii or PS2 judging by the graphics and I really doubt it's the PS3 after what we've heard which suggests the 360 version is coming soon and the PS3 version still has no release date.

Waddya mean ds version?? That's a GB ver i i've evah seen one.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Can't wait for Alone in the Dark and Alan Wake.

The inventory management screen shown in the trailer has the Xbox 360 controller's d-pad in the upper right hand corner.

Around the Network

Hmm.. I was initially put off by the ghastly screen shots released of the Wii version, but the amount of interaction with the terrain is interesting. Hopefully there won't be too much shooting, as there are plenty of slightly scary shooters, but far too few seriously scary games with a little bit of action.

Might be getting a used copy of this if all the versions have roughly the same content. =/

I really liked the original Alone in the Dark for PC because of the puzzles. Hopefully this game doesn't stray too far from that but it probably does. :(

This looks promising, could be the only good installment in the series for nearly a decade!
Lol @ those thinking this was the Wii verison, have you seen the shots from that? It's horrid, I don't think they put an effort into it, I'm afraid.
Looks a lot like RE5 in gameplay and atmosphere, environments are a lot more grim though, and the art direction looks very good.
Visuals are incredible! All the effects except the explosions look great!

looked beautiful and interesting interaction but am I the only one that thought the controls may look clunky and awkward? Just the way the person seemed to be rotating to be facing the door head on to break it reminded me of Resident Evil all over again

Hope the interaction is used for more than shooting swords off the wall and lighting fires - if this has a lot of puzzle elements in it I might be interested otherwise i'll probably pass.

Me said:
looked beautiful and interesting interaction but am I the only one that thought the controls may look clunky and awkward? Just the way the person seemed to be rotating to be facing the door head on to break it reminded me of Resident Evil all over again

Hope the interaction is used for more than shooting swords off the wall and lighting fires - if this has a lot of puzzle elements in it I might be interested otherwise i'll probably pass.

I never play this type of game on anything besides PC, for the controls mostly. Poor control schemes can ruin perfect atmospehere, solid visulas, terrific sound and all the stories in the world...