By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What JRPG has the best soundtrack?

Of all the JRPGs I played...it´s a tie between FFVIII and Xenogears...great music.

Around the Network

Hahaha it should come to no surprise that I Pick Final Fantasy 9. The intro music alone gets me everytime :P

Also I quite liked suikoden 2 and wildarms music.

Persona 4 duh

FFVII and Chrono Cross, Wild Arms, Valkyrie Profile, FFIII, FFIV... to many games to post here.

34 years playing games.

Final Fantasy VI, Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
think-man said:
Hahaha it should come to no surprise that I Pick Final Fantasy 9. The intro music alone gets me everytime :P

Also I quite liked suikoden 2 and wildarms music.

Final Fantasy IX is a masterpiece, and only bested by Final Fantasy X as my favourite game of all time, and favourite OST of all time, lol.

So yeah, my answer: Final Fantasy X, followed closely by Final Fantasy IX, seriously, if Square Enix could make a game up to these standards, I'd pay 10x the price for the game.

Its been over 10 years since square has done anything truly amazing :/ I fear they will never be able to create another final fantasy as good there old ones.

Final Fantasy XIII!

FFVI, Secret of Mana, Breath of Fire II, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Baten Kaitos/Origins, Valkirie Profile, The World Ends With You, Parasite Eve, Xenoblade Chronicles.

There isnt really a "best" soundtrack for JRPGs. There are so many fantastic songs from so many different games. Its too hard to say that one game has a better OST than another.

One thing I think we can all agree on - Nobuo Uematsu is by far the greatest composer in the industry and will probably never be topped. His work on the Final Fantasy series is 2nd to none. The soundtracks for VI, VII and IX for me are beyond anything else.

This-gen? Can't go wrong with Xenoblade or Nier.
All-time? Chrono Trigger. Hands down.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero