By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How has Sony not fixed marketing yet?

Honestly I was watching Bonus Round and they mentioned that Starhawk and Twisted Metal both bombed this year.  This has been a disturbing trend.  Infamous 2, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, and many more deserved to sell more.  I feel like their advertising needs to improve to get some big sellers.  They don't adverstise like they did in the PS2 era.  I just wish they would have something better than KB talking about a game when they did.  I mean he's great for selling the console but people don't get to see the awesome upgrading weapons in R3 when he's riding a horse the whole commercial.  How has this not been fixed yet?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Theres been a few TV ads as of late here in oz from Sony, a fair bit from Nintendo. and next to nothing from Microsoft

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

i get bombarded with ps3 and vita ads for the last weeks and i even think those ads are good. not so weird that no one even understand what they want from you like some ads in the past.

a lot of mentioning of the "buy it for ps3 and get it free for vita", some bundle advertisement and very family orientated with skylanders bundle, wonderbook bunle and "buy a ps3 now and you get maxdome for free, a experience for the whole family" and stuff.

so, i really believe these holidays will see great sales for ps3 and maybe vita here in germany.

This is the type of stuff they need to get out there, it was there intro from games com 2012 I thought they did a good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUm8HUn5QOU

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

I saw a fair amount for both Twisted Metal and Resistance 3. With Twisted Metal, I just think that a lot of people weren't interested in the game Eat Sleep Play created.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
sony have pushed the boat out on TV ads recently. far more than anyone else.

Yep true here kowen, but probably not in the US.

In any case it's not healthy to make franchises that are heavily dependent on advertisements. If the word of mouth is not enough to make a series grow, chances are it doesn't deserve it.

(Just like Nintendogs + Cats which had much more advertisements than its predecessor, to my knowledge, yet keeps tracking far behind it.)

There's quite a few in the UK. They could be better though, I really don't like the PS Vita ads and there isn't enough advertising for the exclusives that are flopping (Twisted Metal, PSABR). The Wonderbook advert is actually quite alright though, I can definitely see it shifting some units this Christmas.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

In any case it's not healthy to make series that are heavily dependent on advertisements. If the word of mouth is not enough to make a series grow, chances are it doesn't deserve it.

(Just like Nintendogs + Cats which had much more advertisements than its predecessor, to my knowledge, yet keeps tracking far behind it.)

a lot of people are surprised when I show them my PS3 exclusives that aren't GT, GoW, or Uncharted.  They're normally 360 owners who either say "I didn't know about this" or "I had no idea this is what (insert game here, mainly R3) was like"

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

There's a lot of multiplatform game ads from Sony like skylanders, need for speed, FIFA 13 hardly anything for exclusive games no PS all star ads some LBP karting/Wonderbook ads.