By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Hardware Prediction Sales of 2013!

How many 3DS units will be sold in 2013

Less than 6mil 15 5.56%

6mil+ 4 1.48%

8mil+ 9 3.33%

10mil+ 26 9.63%

12mil+ 40 14.81%

14mil+ 43 15.93%

16mil+ 49 18.15%

18mil+ 26 9.63%

20mil+ 25 9.26%

25mil+ 32 11.85%

Total:269

14 million, i see a huge success in Japan, and will sell less than DS did in Europe and NA. Should do pretty good in NA, just not DS level. I only see moderate success in Europe.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
UncleScrooge said:

Thanks for the list! Really proves the point.

I expect a 3DS redesign early next year. The DS Lite also launched very early in the year and the number of releases in March in the west is just too much to be a coincidence: Brain Age, Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter, Castlevania and an aweful lot of eShop titles. Also, Monster Hunter 4 in March in Japan... it's not guaranteed but it would make sense.

Nah, I don't see another redesign happening until 2014 at the earliest.

18m+

AstroMaSSi rules

New donkey kong by retro zelda pokemon metroid monster hunter 4 dragon quest 7 luigi mansion 2 i think no one can
Fight the 3ds, so up 25m

kowenicki said:

But hey, fans get carried away... go look at Ethomaz's 10 week prediction for the PSV.  Havent seen a prediction that ludicrous in a long time.

As if by magic, the post below yours demonstrated a fan getting carried away!

OT: Somewhere around 12-14 million.  Depends how big & long the boost from MonHun 4 is in Japan.

Around the Network
N-Magic said:
New donkey kong by retro,  zelda, pokemon, metroid,  monster hunter 4,   dragon quest 7, luigi mansion 2.    i think no one can
Fight the 3ds, so up 25m

added commas so I don't read "Metroid monster"

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I voted 16mil+, I believe that anyone that voted for 3ds to be down yoy is delusional and don't understand the videogame market.
The only reason for last year and this year to be so close is because last year was uncommon for a first year, it had a monster price cut and huge games (Mario kart and 3D Land).

Barely over 6 mil seems kinda impossible, Nintendo would have to not bring any games next year(exception of games we do know, Luigi Mansion,AC new leaf, Fire Emblem) and no bundling and no marketing.

With all this i stated above it seems like just the 1st half of year will sell around 4mil, and thats with nintendo not trying and not counting holidays. If this continued intill the years end the worst nintendo would do is 9mil IMO. The library now is decent with major titles a new person would enjoy with a purchase of a 3DS! So if nintendo (why wouldn't it) did try how much you think there going to sell? If they put some big cards on the table they can achieve over 20mil. Over 25 mil seems impossible but as i recall DS had such a huge increase its 3rd year and sold i believe over 26-28mil units!

Should 3DS already get a new model? Like DS lite? Maybe sales will push if something like that happens!

20 mill