By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire HD?

Kindle or Nexus?

Kindle Fire HD 6 11.32%

Nexus 7 39 73.58%

Fuck Apple!! 8 15.09%

Total:53

Was planning on getting my kid a Kindle Fire HD today but suddenly somebody said the Nexus 7 was better.  No time to research since we're leaving the house right now.  I'll check back and see what you guys say from my phone but I won't be logged in.  Okay, VGChartz.  My kid's Christmas happiness is in your hands!

Around the Network

Nexus 7: more open system, better performance, will be supported with new android versions regularly and for a long time

Kindle Fire HD: tied very closely to Amazon's own offerings, TV output, speakers on both sides for acceptable stereo sound (if held horizontally)

I'm pretty sure it's easier to find free of charge apps for the Nexus as it does have the google play store, while the kindle fire HD doesn't come with that one installed (I heard you can install it if you root the tablet - not sure you want to do sth like that though).

Nexus 7. I asked the same question and got the advice to get a Nexus 7 and it is fantastic.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Actually, it was against Samsung. But again, Nexus 7 is the way to go.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149891&page=1

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Kindle Fire HD, because I like it better.

Around the Network

How old is your kid? If he is under 10 years old, get whichever is cheaper...

If I were going to get some for multi-media then it would be the Nexus. However, I just got a Kindle Paperwhite and I'm in love with the thing. Trying to convince my mom to replace her old Kindle with the new PW version. I'll never need worry about lighting again. Yeah, I know people would rather have a tablet for games and movies and that reading is usually secondary, but the Paperwhite has killed any desire I've ever had for a tablet.

Nexus 7.... a real tablet.

d21lewis said:

Was planning on getting my kid a Kindle Fire HD today but suddenly somebody said the Nexus 7 was better.  No time to research since we're leaving the house right now.  I'll check back and see what you guys say from my phone but I won't be logged in.  Okay, VGChartz.  My kid's Christmas happiness is in your hands!

Nexus 7 without a doubt, if no one has said it, its much more open, and easier to add the Amazon App Store to it than it is to open up a Kindle Fire HD and add in all the Google apps and official android store Google Play.

pezus said:
Nexus 7 unless you're heavily vested in Amazon's ecosystem (which I somehow doubt :o). It just does more; has more games; is more open etc. Get the Nexus and stereo headphones (who uses tablet speakers anyway when watching something??)

Since the Nexus 7 can do all the Fire HD can do using Amazon's services, you can be tied to Amazon all you want and still go Nexus 7!