By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - COD4 knocks out Halo 3 from top spot on Xbox Live

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/21/live-activity-for-week-of-1-14.aspx

LIVE Activity for week of 1/14

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Call of Duty 4
2 Halo 3
3 Guitar Hero III
4 Gears of War
5 Rock Band
6 Madden NFL 08
7 Assassin's Creed
8 Mass Effect
9 FIFA 08
10 Forza Motorsport 2

------------------------------------------------

Not surprised at all since all my friends including I jump to COD4 as soon as it was out.  I mean we did get our moneys worth on Halo 3 before COD4 as we played it relentlessly but COD4 just had a better multiplayer experience for us.  Best thing is I was able to get $45 when I traded in Halo 3 for rock band as I got 35$ for the game and an extra 30% because it was towards Rock Band.  Good deal if you ask me. Also nice seeing Rock Band at #5 considering it is ahead of games that have sold 1 million+ like madden, mass affect etc.  Yes I know this list is for people who go online but it is a list noneless. 

Around the Network

Wow, thats incredible. Whats more incredible is AC which has no Live capabilities whatsoever up on the list at 7. When I was on Halo this weekend the most I say was 500k + on friday. I have never seen CoD's number get any higher than 175k but I guess that doesn't matter much if the list is about unique users. I wish I had gotten onto CoD this weekend to see the number. =O

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Its nice to see Gears of War still kicking. I might get back into that.

@ quarashi: This is a list of what people are playing while they are connected to xbox live. The games need not be 'online'.

Gears of War was the game my friends and I played before Halo 3 and then COD4. Only game I played more than Gears of War is an MMO city of heroes going 3 years + now. Gears of War 2 is my most anticipated game for 2008 or 2009 if it comes out then.

Sweet. I haven't touched either in weeks/months. At least Mass Effect is in the top 10.

Around the Network

Mass Effect ?!

AC doesn't have XLive

elendar said:

Its nice to see Gears of War still kicking. I might get back into that.

@ quarashi: This is a list of what people are playing while they are connected to xbox live. The games need not be 'online'.

I know it shows that.  I was just commenting on that people like to get online to play single player games that have no online capability.  I'm one of those people but I know a few who don't get online if they don't have to be on it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Good, COD4 deserves it. It is alot better than Halo.

Didn't know Gears was still getting a lot of attention, I might start playing again (I played when it first came out when they had that "emergence day" free live thing and I had about 2 months worth of free xbox live usage).

I'm glad that CoD4 is getting played the most (because I haven't touched Halo 3 online much since I got it), but I think long term, Halo 3 will probably take over and stay there.