By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - COD4 knocks out Halo 3 from top spot on Xbox Live

I think Call of Duty 4 is severely undertracked on this site and the chart in this thread only makes me more sure of it. I think CoD4 is likely at 4.3-4.5 million sold on the 360 rather than the 3.21 this site has.

Around the Network

I wonder what games all the people not connected to Live are playing???

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I don't know legend I think your to high, higher than vgchartz is to low. there are 2,9 million people on the leader boards and some take it to friends and I know some people might have bought it who do not play online but I do think that is percentage wise very low.

Legend11 said:
I think [insert 360 game here] is severely undertracked on this site and the chart in this thread only makes me more sure of it. I think [random 360 game] is likely at [ultra-high number here] million sold on the 360 rather than the [real number here] this site has.

hmmmm...so much for the killer app--mabye they should have spent all that marketing oney on cod4

Around the Network

Halo 3 multiplayer died for me when they announced the cost of the new maps... I havn't played since

I will not support (aka purchase) any DLC that rips off gamers.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

It has to be undertracked if it passed Halo 3 because it just makes sense.

I think cod 4 is ten times better then halo 3, between perks/sprinting(halo3 feels so slow now)/aiming/quicker kills/classes/ranks it's just an all around more addicting experience, and best of all more adults are online that don't come off like jerks(as opposed to the minions of 12 yr old trash talkers). I have a tons of friends that were addicted to halo 3 now they are all playing cod4, this has been an ongoing topic on the web too, it seems it's happening to a lot of people.

I think Activision is making a big mistake by allowing the next call of duty to be a WWII title, this title will go on to sell far more then double what cod3 sold, that's a telling sign of what people want from the franchise. If they are far in development with the WWII one they should release it as a spin-off from the main series, so that people don't think the change back to WWII is permanent.

elnino334 said:
It has to be undertracked if it passed Halo 3 because it just makes sense.

Not necessarily.  What are the exact number of unique users?!?!  If i had to guess I would say anywhere from 1-1.5 million unique users play halo 3 a week.  The times I'm on the peak is usually around 500k now a days.  According to VGchartz there are 3.21 copies of CoD4 have been sold.  If half that number play online atleast once a week then it beats out Halo 3.  I'm not saying its not undertracked but I know that when people buy a CoD game its more for the online play.  Some people can say they bought Halo 3 to finish up the trilogy, you never know everyones reason.  Awesome for CoD to dethrone the king though.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

foof - The main issue is with Activision trying to pump out CoD sequal after CoD sequal. They've hired Tetryarch (COD3) to make it, and not Infinity Ward (COD 1, COD2 for PC/X360, COD4).

Activision is just moneyhatting COD, and we're going to suffer.

Not a suprise that COD4 finally beat Halo 3 out. ioi desperately needs to update COD4 numbers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.