By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Mickey 2... we need to talk about this

wasn't interested in the first and have no interest in the 2nd...

Around the Network

Is the game really that bad? I was thinking of eventually buying it (It does use the Move right?)

no we don't. we don't need to talk about anything anymore.

PS360 hardcore gamer iz too matoor for dizney sh!t. Nintendo people are disappointed because of the backstab. And the game sucks. The last one is probably the biggest factor.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I really liked the first one but Im simply not interested in the second, I felt the first had a nice ending and didnt need a sequel

Around the Network

The first one I enjoyed quite a lot; the second is a bit of a trainwreck:

1. Instead of adding huge new features (co-op), fix the problems with the first game *first*.
2. They scaled back/down the levels, I presume, to make it more co-op friendly.
3. The AI character is terrible, at least half the time, which really slows things down and makes playing the game harder than it needs to be if you're doing 1P.
4. They managed to *not* fix the biggest complaint with the first game: the camera.

All in all, a crushing disappointment, and it'll be a blow to more 3D platformers (not by Nintendo) getting greenlit.

There are many factors:

1) Epic Mickey sold to a lot of families/kids who were put off by the dry gameplay. My nephew never got past the first 20 minutes (boring....) and even I never played past the first two hours. It was dull. I hear it gets excellent but it shouldn't be a chore to get to the excellent part. I'm sure there's a ton of vertually unplayed copies out there.

2) Poor marketing

3) Wii - which is the lead platform, is pretty dead at this point.

4) Owners of HD systems presumably never played the first one so it's hard to get them on bored with a sequel. They should have sold a two-pack 1&2 on PS3/360

5) Instead of using currently relevant and popular characters, they use the most obsure Disney characters - largely from the 60's. I don't even know most of them. I'm sure that put a lot of people (kids especially) off from the first one.

5) These types of games never sell well on the HD consoles. Lego does okay but look at De Blob 2.

6) Terrible reviews. Just horrid. Considering the first was considered excellent but with significant problems (camera) the fact that this one is just play mediocore is inexcusable. Played some of it. Compared to Lego the AI on your mandatory partner is just broken and annoying. Really, if this the best Warren Spector can do then he should be canned.

7) Expect this to have legs for a while - typical of most Wii titles on Wii. So it might make 1m lifetime all systems combined but doesn't deserve it.

The first was such a let down, there was no way in hell I was gonna buy the second one. Maybe Gamefly though, just to check it out

Systems I Own: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Genesis/Sega CD, Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, Game Boy, GB Advance, Game Gear, Intellivision, PC, Xbox, Sega Saturn, Virtual Boy

Really seems like a shame.

But i'm also sort of glad that you lot convinced me to go for Ninja Gaiden 3 and Arkham City over this.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I enjoyed the first game on the Wii, and i have Epic Mickey 2 on WiiU. Thats because i got it bundled with Nintendoland when i got my WiiU. Not had the chance to check it out yet.