By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NDS to be Highest Seller of All Time

I hope DS passes PS2 Soon numbers should be close VGchartz list ds has 10k more. (IF PS2 is really undertracked) DS will get more sales following weeks so either way ds should(if not already) pass ps2 sales by end of next year at most.

Also to note ps2 been out longer by a few years. So by timeframe DS is the Surperior one IMO

Around the Network

pezus said:

tbone51 said:
I hope DS passes PS2 Soon numbers should be close VGchartz list ds has 10k more. (IF PS2 is really undertracked) DS will get more sales following weeks so either way ds should(if not already) pass ps2 sales by end of next year at most.

Also to note ps2 been out longer by a few years. So by timeframe DS is the Surperior one IMO

Does it get more official than this? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4967807
"We haven't been actively (i.e on a weekly basis) tracking PS2 sales since things switched earlier this year so yes, the PS2 numbers are now outdated and a few million below where they should be. William has clearly jumped the gun and posted the article without checking first."
That's all well and good, but that's like claiming PS3 is ahead of 360 because it reached 70m in a shorter time. It's not ahead, but it got there quicker. There's a difference.

↓Tbone↓
Thanks i never so this before, I just went wit everyone's word, I still believe DS will surpass PS2 if Nintendo doesn't discontinue (i dont think they will) maybe in the next year.

Also in a timeframe yes ds surpass ps2 everyone should know that lol.

killer7 said:
AGAIN: If they still sell it, why don´t they give out fucking numbers? Simple question!

Simple answer: Because they don't have to.

@cookingyourmama
Sony is a world concern! At all my respect but you really think Sony is unable to track numbers of such a famous product?? Its obviously: Sony is waiting for DS numbers and than they add another 1-2 million produced units wich they have not even shipped! This is a very childish behaviour!

@tbone51
The DS will NOT be discontinued before the PS2! They just gave out a ney Pokemon game! What has the PS2?? FIFA PES?? LOOOOLLLL!! The GBA was also discontinued after PSone! And there are AT LEAST rumors for the PS2 being discontinued (wich are very well true, but lets leave this :)) Are there any rumores for the DS being discontinued?? I cannot find it!
IF they planned to discontinue DS they will first discontinue just DSI!! DSIXL will still be around for AT LEAST another year or 2! The PS2 has, if the Production stopp of PS2 was really a rumor 156 Million highest!! It was 154,4 million by end of 2011 where they shipped 4,1 for the whole year!!

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_sale_e.html

As you can see the PS2 was down OVER 2 MILLION (!) from 2010 to 2011! People who really think Sony can hold their rediculous FORCAST (!!) of 3,5 Million, wich puts the PS2 down JUST 600k to 2011 live in their dream world!
If it really sold (shipped) that year ~2 Million is the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM!! A console with NO new software cannot be down just 600k!

killer7 said:
@cookingyourmama
Sony is a world concern! At all my respect but you really think Sony is unable to track numbers of such a famous product?? Its obviously: Sony is waiting for DS numbers and than they add another 1-2 million produced units wich they have not even shipped! This is a very childish behaviour!

@tbone51
The DS will NOT be discontinued before the PS2! They just gave out a ney Pokemon game! What has the PS2?? FIFA PES?? LOOOOLLLL!! The GBA was also discontinued after PSone! And there are AT LEAST rumors for the PS2 being discontinued (wich are very well true, but lets leave this :)) Are there any rumores for the DS being discontinued?? I cannot find it!
IF they planned to discontinue DS they will first discontinue just DSI!! DSIXL will still be around for AT LEAST another year or 2! The PS2 has, if the Production stopp of PS2 was really a rumor 156 Million highest!! It was 154,4 million by end of 2011 where they shipped 4,1 for the whole year!!

As you can see the PS2 was down OVER 2 MILLION (!) from 2010 to 2011! People who really think Sony can hold their rediculous FORCAST (!!) of 3,5 Million, wich puts the PS2 down JUST 600k to 2011 live in their dream world!
If it really sold (shipped) that year ~2 Million is the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM!! A console with NO new software cannot be down just 600k!

BWAHAHAHA you have to be a joke poster right? And just in reference to what you said to me, who said Sony is unable to track how much the PS2 has sold, lol+facepalm.

Around the Network
pezus said:
ZaneWane said:
ironmanDX said:
Congrats to Nintendo for retaking the crown, or soon to retake the crown!!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4967807

A bit late to the party

I was actually too early. That's a first page comment. While peoples figures about the ps2 seem plausible, it won't hold out against the DS. It's seling better than the current gen's PSVita. (Sorry for brining that up, but perspective wise it should really be a wake up call to how the DS is still selling well.) The ps2 is liekly to be discontinued before the DS surely... Then it will seriously gain in numbers.

Having said that comparing a handheld to a home console isn't quite the same but I stand by my first comment. Congrats to Nintendo in the near future all the same.

killer7 said:

Its obviously: Sony is waiting for DS numbers and than they add another 1-2 million produced units wich they have not even shipped! This is a very childish behaviour!

Funniest post of the day.  Thank you.

@cookingyourmama
But why in the hell don´t they give in final numbers?? The last we know is 154,4 by end of 2011 where sony shipped 4,1 million for the whole year! We do not know more!
3.6 million in 2012?? NEVER EVER!!

@Kresnik
It could very well be! I can remember where they said that the Psone had 120 million or so! It was a threat even here in vgchartz. And then it was 102,5 Million! Wikipedia had the PS2 at 189 Million! Reality is different! Sony are having wet pants because of the Nintendo DS! Clear it is hard for them that the PS2 is not number 1 anymore! But claiming that SHIPPED or even PRODUCED consoles are SOLD... i don´t know! If the PS2 really had 156 Million SHIPPED, how many are REALLY SOLD?? I cannot belive the PS2 is nearly SOLD OUT worldwide and less that 2 Million consoles are "flying around the globe"!

killer7 said:
@cookingyourmama
But why in the hell don´t they give in final numbers?? The last we know is 154,4 by end of 2011 where sony shipped 4,1 million for the whole year! We do not know more!
3.6 million in 2012?? NEVER EVER!!

I really feel sorry for you, you are either a troll who is flamebaiting this thread or you are just incredibly stupid and ignorant because MULTIPLE TIMES it has been very clearly and very politely explained to you that you are wrong, it is not a debate, it is not an opinion it's just stone cold hard facts that you are WRONG. You even have the latest numbers for the PS2 wrong yet again, in the January-March 2012 quarter it is a FACT that Sony shipped 600,000, and in the following April-June quarter Sony shipped 1-1.1 million PS2's meaning that as of the end of June it is FACT that Sony has shipped atleast 156.1 million PS2's.

If you continue to flamebait this thread and argue when you are FACTUALLY wrong then you will be reported to the Mods and they will deal with you.