By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NDS to be Highest Seller of All Time

I'm glad that the best seller is a pure gaming system, not something some people bought for dvd playback

Around the Network

Pezus et al, these people just don't know how these numbers have been tracked on this site, we've been here long enough to realize that the PS2 is not being tracked anymore. We'll have to wait for Sony numbers to prove them wrong for the 352nd time, they don't think for themselves. "It's on the Internet, it MUST be true." lol

@Pezus
So you said it YOURSELF: "So, while they may have stopped shipping new PS2s to Germany, Austria and what have you, they are still shipping PS2s elsewhere." To analyse this: On the first part: We can agree: No PS2 shipped to germany, austria, so europe. second part: "...they are still shipping PS2´s elsewhere."- This is pure speculation! Why is sony not telling anything? You really think Sony is selling more PS2´s to some economicly meaningless countries and Japan than Nintendo is selling DS- Systems in US, EU and Japan and elsewhere?? You cannot be serious! Nintendo sold 275.000 DS units JUST in the black friday week! I do not think Sony sold this amount of PS2 consoles in this timeframe! If so, please show me a source. Sony might have SHIPPED more, but Nintendo sold more!

killer7 said:
@Pezus
So you said it YOURSELF: "So, while they may have stopped shipping new PS2s to Germany, Austria and what have you, they are still shipping PS2s elsewhere." To analyse this: On the first part: We can agree: No PS2 shipped to germany, austria, so europe. second part: "...they are still shipping PS2´s elsewhere."- This is pure speculation! Why is sony not telling anything? You really think Sony is selling more PS2´s to some economicly meaningless countries and Japan than Nintendo is selling DS- Systems in US, EU and Japan and elsewhere?? You cannot be serious! Nintendo sold 275.000 DS units JUST in the black friday week! I do not think Sony sold this amount of PS2 consoles in this timeframe! If so, please show me a source. Sony might have SHIPPED more, but Nintendo sold more!

He only said they may have stopped shipping new PS2's to a few countries not that they have. And what you fail to realise and acknowledge yet again is that Sony have already said they will be shipping 16 million PS2's+PS3's this fiscal year and it is IMPOSSIBLE for those 16 million to all be PS3's given the confirmed sales numbers we have so far and the simple fact that Sony cannot lie to shareholders. As a MINIMUM the PS2 will have had 2-3 Million shipped this fiscal year and we know for a fact that during the January-March quarter of this year the PS2 shipped 600,000. You can reply as many times as you want but you are wrong and you will continue to be proved wrong. Your entire defense of Sony haven't said anything DOES NOT PROVE YOU RIGHT.

ironmanDX said:
Congrats to Nintendo for retaking the crown, or soon to retake the crown!!

Around the Network
ZaneWane said:
ironmanDX said:
Congrats to Nintendo for retaking the crown, or soon to retake the crown!!

Lol

AGAIN: If they still sell it, why don´t they give out fucking numbers? Simple question!

killer7 said:
AGAIN: If they still sell it, why don´t they give out fucking numbers? Simple question!

If youre talking about PS2... They do. They mix them with PS3 numbers. Because the PS3 is mixed with PS2, does it mean that the PS3 isnt selling anymore? Stupid logic.

Its selling in markets where there are no official sales trackers. Places like India and China.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4967807

"Weekly PS2 sales in the USA and western Europe are less than 10k per week and running that through our normal extrapolation process obviously produces global data that is far too small since 90% of sales are in developing markets such as the Middle East, Latin America, India, China etc for PS2 - all of which we don't get any direct data for. For most other platforms, these markets only represent a few percent of sales so a simple extrapolation of data in known regions is good enough to get to the right ballpark."

It depends on which one can last longer, PS2 could still outlive the DS for all we know

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I think the DS still will surpass the PS2 in sales, I think the difference is about 1 or 2 million. But the big problem for this happen is that Nintendo always abandon your consoles really quickly. DS can push good numbers now, but when the holidays end? It needs a price cut worldwide not only in the US (in the US the price cut did work).

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits.