By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phantom Pain is the Killer App that Vita Needs? (RUMOR)

Tagged games:

The major evidence against this is... the "official" site:

http://www.mobydickstudio.se/en

There's PS3/360 there.

: whoops, also on OP.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
Would be awesome if true. Probably get a lot of hate for this but I have never played a metal gear solid game. I would easily buy this if it was on vita and probably would on ps3 too. I want to get MGS4, but I have such a backlog of games it almost seemed pointless right now.

don't start with MGS4.  I would start with 3.  That's the one I started off with an it is my favorite after playing every main series game.  It's a prequel so the story doesn't weigh it down and only 1 has as little talking as it.  2 and 4 might weigh you down trying to get everything (I had trouble with it even after playing the others) and they introduce a bunch of non-essential characters like Rose and Raiden.  Best to stick to 3 in HD as it's just a legendary and can be enjoyed on its own.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I want to believe

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

If this game does feature transfarring, then there would have to be a PS3 version. If there is a PS3 version, there is no reason to show Vita footage in the debut trailer as opposed to the PS3/360 footage. Therefore IMO, all those points contradict each other.

sundin13 said:
If this game does feature transfarring, then there would have to be a PS3 version. If there is a PS3 version, there is no reason to show Vita footage in the debut trailer as opposed to the PS3/360 footage. Therefore IMO, all those points contradict each other.

If this is a seperate game from ground zeroes there could still be transfarring between them

Time for hype

Around the Network

all pics are in 720p... but they still don't impress me that much.

leatherhat said:
sundin13 said:

If this is a seperate game from ground zeroes there could still be transfarring between them

transfarring is the migration and sharing of save files. That would be like sharing saves between two totally different games. This isn't Mass Effect we are talking about here. Additionally, there is no chance in any hell that MGSV would be a vita exclusive, once again forming the contradiction stated in my original post

sundin13 said:
leatherhat said:
sundin13 said:

transfarring is the migration and sharing of save files. That would be like sharing saves between two totally different games. This isn't Mass Effect we are talking about here. Additionally, there is no chance in any hell that MGSV would be a vita exclusive, once again forming the contradiction stated in my original post

Using saves to unlock stuff in the other game. Its happened before. And the whole point of MGSV is that the V stands for vita and not 5 if this rumor is true.

Time for hype

Interesting if true.

leatherhat said:

Using saves to unlock stuff in the other game. Its happened before. And the whole point of MGSV is that the V stands for vita and not 5 if this rumor is true.

"He notes “We have a plan moving forward, where all of our major titles will have this transfarring functionality. So you’ll buy the next big game from Kojima Productions on PS3, and there’ll also be an NGP version [PSVita] and take it on the go. (sic)”

Sounds to me like they are talking about having the game as a pseudo-multiplat, not just having cross content...If the OP is going to use this quote to say that this could be a PSV version of this game, then that is simply illogical. Im just posting evidence suggesting that this rumor doesn't make sense, not saying it is impossible. This could be a Vita game but this particular evidence in the OP in no way demonstrates this.