By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phantom Pain is the Killer App that Vita Needs? (RUMOR)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
sundin13 said:
If this game does feature transfarring, then there would have to be a PS3 version. If there is a PS3 version, there is no reason to show Vita footage in the debut trailer as opposed to the PS3/360 footage. Therefore IMO, all those points contradict each other.

I'm not saying I agree with the OP but the transafarring features is between different games too... not only the same game.

you know, the more i watch the trailer the more i think this has to be a vita title.  the graphical inconsistences are kind of all over the place.  it's just not up to par with a typcial current ps360 games.

Around the Network
glimmer_of_hope said:
JoeTheBro said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
There is no saving grace for Vita, first its Uncharted, then it's "wait 'till Christmas", then it CoD...and now it's a game that won't exist on the system. Getting pathetic.

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing at this considering your username ;)

Sooo because I like Nintendo I can't have a valid statement? I guess the same can be said for you. It's kinda funny under "currently playing" I have 2 PS3 games and 1 from Nintendo.You on the other hand have all 3 from Sony......I just call things as I see it, it's as simple as that. Even when it comes to Nintendo.

Next time call me out on a wrong statement I make, not my avatar. My statement is pretty damn accurate though.

Check your username, not your avatar.

Came across this post while looking to chat about it! Hope you guys don't mind I join in!?

@Teigaga (sorry don't know how to quote) I think you also need to look beyond that though. For starters yes it looks extremely good because of the wet textures, and dark lighting, but look at how clean everything is. There is hardly any jagged edges on anything, the animations are fluent, and Snake overall looks near perfect. Now look at Phantom Pain, jaggies over anything round, Snake isn't exactly as fluent with his motions, textures in the distance are plain and become blurry fast.

I think the video someone posted on the first page kind of proves the overall point too. The only thing that looked terrible in the trailer were the jagged edges (aka lack of polygons) everything else the Vita could easily handle.

Also I don't know where people are reading it, but all the OP says is that the game could be coming to Vita. Doesn't state its exclusive anywhere? The only thing that really doesn't look like the Vita could handle was the doctor at the opening, but that could have easily been a cutscene.

soldierone said:

Came across this post while looking to chat about it! Hope you guys don't mind I join in!?

@Teigaga (sorry don't know how to quote) I think you also need to look beyond that though. For starters yes it looks extremely good because of the wet textures, and dark lighting, but look at how clean everything is. There is hardly any jagged edges on anything, the animations are fluent, and Snake overall looks near perfect. Now look at Phantom Pain, jaggies over anything round, Snake isn't exactly as fluent with his motions, textures in the distance are plain and become blurry fast.

I think the video someone posted on the first page kind of proves the overall point too. The only thing that looked terrible in the trailer were the jagged edges (aka lack of polygons) everything else the Vita could easily handle.

Also I don't know where people are reading it, but all the OP says is that the game could be coming to Vita. Doesn't state its exclusive anywhere? The only thing that really doesn't look like the Vita could handle was the doctor at the opening, but that could have easily been a cutscene.

let's not forget that Vita could have more power than we've seen so far.  Remember Uncharted was a launch title and it looked fantastic.  Maybe Kojima is squeezing power out of Vita like he did with PS3.  MGS4 still holds up against games that were released years after it like Uncharted 3 and God of War 3.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
soldierone said:

let's not forget that Vita could have more power than we've seen so far.  Remember Uncharted was a launch title and it looked fantastic.  Maybe Kojima is squeezing power out of Vita like he did with PS3.  MGS4 still holds up against games that were released years after it like Uncharted 3 and God of War 3.

Yeah and as the video said, they used only 160 mb of RAM. Thats not only more than PS3 games, its not even half the ram the Vita offers. Once you dive into restricting it and trying to squeeze more power out of it, you would think games improve. Uncharted is the only thing we have to go off of. EVERY other game (besides Assassins Creed) were very quick ports by studios that are not even around anymore. Wipeout, Uncharted, and Assassins Creed look phenominal on Vita and all were launch titles to try and meet early deadlines.

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
JoeTheBro said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
There is no saving grace for Vita, first its Uncharted, then it's "wait 'till Christmas", then it CoD...and now it's a game that won't exist on the system. Getting pathetic.

Sooo because I like Nintendo I can't have a valid statement? I guess the same can be said for you. It's kinda funny under "currently playing" I have 2 PS3 games and 1 from Nintendo.You on the other hand have all 3 from Sony......I just call things as I see it, it's as simple as that. Even when it comes to Nintendo.

Next time call me out on a wrong statement I make, not my avatar. My statement is pretty damn accurate though.

That's regarding life, not video games

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

glimmer_of_hope said:
michael_stutzer said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
JoeTheBro said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

That's regarding life, not video games

It's still the reason I quoted you and why it was ironic...

crissindahouse said:

all pics are in 720p... but they still don't impress me that much.

Its a massive downgrade to what we were shown back in September: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwS59OT8bUQ