By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Million-Sellers Thread (Pokemon X/Y)

Tagged games:

How high will Global first-week sales of Pokemon X/Y be?

Over 5 million 50 52.08%

Between 4 and 5 million (BW=4.5) 22 22.92%

Between 3 and 4 million (DP=3.2) 6 6.25%

Between 2 and 3 million 4 4.17%

Less than 2 million 0 0%

Total:82
the_dengle said:

The fact that you don't consider Sticker Star to be "real Paper Mario" is the bigger problem here. It's just another iteration of an established series. If Nintendo continues making PM games that follow the gameplay formula perfected in TTYD, what then? "There hasn't been a real Paper Mario game in 10 years..." "there hasn't been a real Paper Mario game in 15 years..." "there hasn't been a real Paper Mario game in 20 years..." Meanwhile Nintendo keeps churning out RPGs starring Mario characters rendered in a paper-themed aesthetic and carrying that staple brand of Mario RPG humor. THAT'S "real Paper Mario."

The series started out with a certain formula, but has since diverged from it. Suffice it to say I liked it before all the changes (or rather all the things that were removed).

The originals will always be how the series is defined, until the time comes when they are outnumbered by the newer iterations and are forgotten (See 2D vs 3D Zelda). Your real Paper Mario argument basically consists of you trying to find the lowest common denominator among the games so far, where not even the genre of the series has remained consistent. You feel aesthetic and writing are enough to properly define the series, I don't. There's a reason games like RE6 and FFXIII were received the way they were by their respective fans.

Around the Network

I wonder if it's possible for Sonic Generations to reach 1 million? It's right now sitting at 0.68m.

C-M-D said:
I wonder if it's possible for Sonic Generations to reach 1 million? It's right now sitting at 0.68m.

I feel like that game has been forgotten.

C-M-D said:

I think it could happen, but I wouldn't wager any bets...

It's legs have been surprsiginly decent...

Moreso than I would have expected...

Have a nice day...

3DS Surpasses Dreamcast in Total Software Sales

During the week ending December 29, 2012, the Nintendo 3DS sold over 1.8 million units of software globally, propelling it from 64.2 million to 66.0 million total software sales. This exceeds the Sega Dreamcast's lifetime software sales of 64.89 million units.

Who's buying all those games? The 3DS can thank Japan for over 24 million -- about 37% -- of its software sales. North America accounts for over 22 million, or about 34% of 3DS software sales. Europeans have purchased just under 14 million 3DS games, about 21% of the total.

By comparison, over 50% of the Dreamcast's total software sales were in North America, where almost 35 million games were sold. However, the console had a much weaker showing than the 3DS in Japan, selling just over 15 million games in that region.

At this point in its life, 96 weeks after launch, the Nintendo DS had racked up 70.59 million software sales: 19.7 million in North America, 9.3 million in Europe, and 38.1 million in Japan. Although the 3DS is tracking slightly under its predecessor in total software sales at retail, it should be noted that untracked digital sales on 3DS likely even the odds.

Around the Network

Kid Icarus will hit 1 mil next week! 29/12

Switch!!!

We can add two more million sellers!

The newest entries are:
Kid Icarus Uprising at 1,010,082 and
Pokémon Rumble Blast at 1,007,321!

Sadly, Professor Layton & The Miracle Mask didn't make it, but will next week since it's at 992,180. Also, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland will soon as it's now at 928,830.

Source is the game comparison tools.

As a side-note, there are three other milestones to be celebrated as Super Mario 3D Land passed 8m, New Super Mario Bros. 2 passed 5m and Animal Crossing New Leaf passed 2m.

Happy day!

S.Peelman said:

We can add two more million sellers!

The newest entries are:
Kid Icarus Uprising at 1,010,082 and
Pokémon Rumble Blast at 1,007,321!

Sadly, Professor Layton & The Miracle Mask didn't make it, but will next week since it's at 992,180. Also, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland will soon as it's now at 928,830.

Source is the game comparison tools.

As a side-note, there are three other milestones to be celebrated as Super Mario 3D Land passed 8m, New Super Mario Bros. 2 passed 5m and Animal Crossing New Leaf passed 2m.

Happy day!

Great news!! 

It's awesome to hear that kid icarus got over 1million... Not too bad for a game that hasn't seen a sequel in decades! :)

And I also had no idea that Pokemon Rumble Blast was so popular... Wow. 

New Million-Sellers! Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokémon Rumble Blast

Talk about a close shave. Two 3DS games sold their millionth copy in the final week of 2012.

Kid Icarus: Uprising reached one million sales in 41 weeks. There isn't much to compare its sales to, since the series hadn't seen the light of day since the early 90s. Nonetheless, the original Kid Icarus for NES sold 1.76 million units in its lifetime. Sales data for Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters for GameBoy are unavailable.

Pokémon Rumble Blast, on the other hand, took 72 weeks to reach one million sales. The previous (and only other) game in the spinoff series was a WiiWare title; as such, sales data is unavailable for comparison. Rumble Blast has taken longer to reach one million sales than other, more well-established Pokémon spinoff titles, such as the three DS Ranger games (the slowest-selling of which reached 1 million in its 53rd week) and the three DS Mystery Dungeon games (the slowest-selling of which reached 1 million in its 54th week).

Both games seem to be slowing down, and are unlikely to reach 2 million sales. Judging by previously mentioned comparisons to other Pokémon spinoff games, Rumble Blast seems set to retire at about 1.2 million lifetime sales. Lifetime sales of Kid Icarus: Uprising are still... up in the air. It seems to have received a boost during the Holidays, selling over 100k units since (and including) Black Friday week, about one-tenth its total sales. The game should outsell its companion (Pokémon), at the very least, for 1.3 million or higher lifetime sales.

Well, the 3DS will see a new million seller next week. However, after that I think that Mario & Sonic might hit 1million of the currently released titles.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David