By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Million-Sellers Thread (Pokemon X/Y)

Tagged games:

How high will Global first-week sales of Pokemon X/Y be?

Over 5 million 50 52.08%

Between 4 and 5 million (BW=4.5) 22 22.92%

Between 3 and 4 million (DP=3.2) 6 6.25%

Between 2 and 3 million 4 4.17%

Less than 2 million 0 0%

Total:82
NintendoPie said:
I'm am very impressed by New Leafs performance. It racked up sales very quickly in Japan.

its selling like crazy!!! If you compare the first 10 weeks for Wild World which include USA from week 3 and up to AC new leaf! New leaf is gonna surpass it! crazy right!?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I did the exact same thing, and believe me, seeing what they're doing to the series hurts me too.

I don't regret purchasing the 3DS, though. Not even close. I had an absolute blast with all the DS games I never got to play since my DS broke. Pokemon B&W is now my favorite gen of Pokemon, TWEWY was awesome as well, I also loved Zelda OoT 3D since I never played the original. It's just that Paper Mario is my favorite game of all time, it's special.

I don't know why everyone thinks SS is a disappointment. It's a perfectly fine game for the series. It may even be better than SPM.

They took out a lot of stuff that made a Paper Mario game, no cool partners, no awesome open world, no deep epic story, and NO experience for battles (battles are now pointless). I'm a HUGE Paper Mario fan and I'm not buying it = really tells you something.

Though I agree, it's better than SPM. It's more of a Paper Mario than SPM, but it's nowhere near TTYD's greatness.

miz1q2w3e said:

They took out a lot of stuff that made a Paper Mario game, no cool partners, no awesome open world, no deep epic story, and NO experience for battles (battles are now pointless). I'm a HUGE Paper Mario fan and I'm not buying it = really tells you something.

Though I agree, it's better than SPM. It's more of a Paper Mario than SPM, but it's nowhere near TTYD's greatness.

You not buying it doesn't really tell me much since I think it is a pretty great PM game. I don't think you'll ever be impressed by a PM game again if you keep comparing it to TTYD. Just because it isn't as good as that one doesn't mean it's bad. TTYD was just too good.

tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:
I'm am very impressed by New Leafs performance. It racked up sales very quickly in Japan.

its selling like crazy!!! If you compare the first 10 weeks for Wild World which include USA from week 3 and up to AC new leaf! New leaf is gonna surpass it! crazy right!?

I don't think NL will surpass WW. WW sold very well because of the DS craze, the 3DS as a whole isn't as hyped as the DS was. For that reason I think NL will fall short, if just by a little that is. 

However, those would still be great numbers!

NintendoPie said:
miz1q2w3e said:They took out a lot of stuff that made a Paper Mario game, no cool partners, no awesome open world, no deep epic story, and NO experience for battles (battles are now pointless). I'm a HUGE Paper Mario fan and I'm not buying it = really tells you something.

You not buying it doesn't really tell me much since I think it is a pretty great PM game. I don't think you'll ever be impressed by a PM game again if you keep comparing it to TTYD. Just because it isn't as good as that one doesn't mean it's bad. TTYD was just too good.

It's not about how good the game is, I don't actually think it's a bad game, it's just not the same as previous Paper Mario games, and that's why I hate it. Same with SPM, it's probably a good game on its own.

I'd rather have a new game like TTYD with nothing but story changed, than this.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:

I don't think NL will surpass WW. WW sold very well because of the DS craze, the 3DS as a whole isn't as hyped as the DS was. For that reason I think NL will fall short, if just by a little that is. 

However, those would still be great numbers!

We'll see right! The least this will do is 8mil! Thats for sure!

miz1q2w3e said:
NintendoPie said:
miz1q2w3e said:They took out a lot of stuff that made a Paper Mario game, no cool partners, no awesome open world, no deep epic story, and NO experience for battles (battles are now pointless). I'm a HUGE Paper Mario fan and I'm not buying it = really tells you something.

It's not about how good the game is, I don't actually think it's a bad game, it's just not the same as previous Paper Mario games, and that's why I hate it. Same with SPM, it's probably a good game on its own.

What's bolded is where your problem lies, you know. Nintendo doesn't want it to be like previous PM games. 

If you're lucky, they may make a TTYD2...!

NintendoPie said:
miz1q2w3e said:

What's bolded is where your problem lies, you know. Nintendo doesn't want it to be like previous PM games. 

I hope so, the non-Paper Marios are about to outnumber the real ones!

Any who, DQ Monsters Terry's Wonderland should definitely be the next million seller. It's already at 930k.

miz1q2w3e said:
NintendoPie said:

I hope so, the non-Paper Marios are about to outnumber the real ones!

The fact that you don't consider Sticker Star to be "real Paper Mario" is the bigger problem here. It's just another iteration of an established series. If Nintendo continues making PM games that follow the gameplay formula perfected in TTYD, what then? "There hasn't been a real Paper Mario game in 10 years..." "there hasn't been a real Paper Mario game in 15 years..." "there hasn't been a real Paper Mario game in 20 years..." Meanwhile Nintendo keeps churning out RPGs starring Mario characters rendered in a paper-themed aesthetic and carrying that staple brand of Mario RPG humor. THAT'S "real Paper Mario."