By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
zuvuyeay said:
disolitude said:
This whole graphics boat is starting to leave me behind... I just don't care. These days I'd rather play Gravity Guy than a game that looks like that... unless it's Gravity Guy.

i thought you had the ultimate 3 screen PC setup

ot i like my fanatsy worlds getting better and better personally,so it looks good to me

3 monitors does not mean someone is a graphics whore.  I have three monitors.  More monitors helps for productivity or looking at many things at once.

I can be watching a movie on one, playing a game on another and have facebook or something on the third.  Three monitors does not improve my graphics on my gaming screen.

Now is he using three monitors to all play the same game?  that still don't improve the graphics, it would just improve his viewing screen, being able to see more panaramic than one screen.  More screen does not equal more better graphics.

I like my games to be enjoyable, good story, good gameplay, no bugs, ect.  If the game happens to be Wii Sports art style or Witcher 2 graphics, it really don't matter to me.  That's the last thing on my checklist.  If i look at any games I found to be unplayable, it has never been related at all to graphics/art style.  Hell i'm replaying Baldur's Gate Enhanced edition right now.  And I'm sure 100% of people agree with me, there is no real graphical enhancing at all in that game.  I think they just made the character potraits bigger and the HUD a higher resolution.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
zuvuyeay said:
disolitude said:
This whole graphics boat is starting to leave me behind... I just don't care. These days I'd rather play Gravity Guy than a game that looks like that... unless it's Gravity Guy.

i thought you had the ultimate 3 screen PC setup

ot i like my fanatsy worlds getting better and better personally,so it looks good to me

3 monitors does not mean someone is a graphics whore.  I have three monitors.  More monitors helps for productivity or looking at many things at once.

I can be watching a movie on one, playing a game on another and have facebook or something on the third.  Three monitors does not improve my graphics on my gaming screen.

Now is he using three monitors to all play the same game?  that still don't improve the graphics, it would just improve his viewing screen, being able to see more panaramic than one screen.  More screen does not equal more better graphics.

I like my games to be enjoyable, good story, good gameplay, no bugs, ect.  If the game happens to be Wii Sports art style or Witcher 2 graphics, it really don't matter to me.  That's the last thing on my checklist.  If i look at any games I found to be unplayable, it has never been related at all to graphics/art style.  Hell i'm replaying Baldur's Gate Enhanced edition right now.  And I'm sure 100% of people agree with me, there is no real graphical enhancing at all in that game.  I think they just made the character potraits bigger and the HUD a higher resolution.

i just remember seeing his set up in a thread once but sure it might not all be about graphics,

i'll play any game too i can play cuboid all day but i love big fantasy worlds,can't stop the future and we know where it is going i reckon

Above & Beyond

Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
It doesn't look that much better than the top end PC games

haha but isn't that the definition of next gen consoles?? xD

Well I would hope for some advancements, after all, most PC games are made on console engines and then adjusted. I suppose the Witcher and Crysis games were designed for PC and so look great, but they are getting a bit old now.

What did high end PC games look like when the HD twins came out?

here is a list of 2005-games: http://www.allpcgame.net/2007/04/2005-pc-games-list-of-all-pc-games.html  tbh they all look like crap to me in comparison to current console-games. interesting: the original nfs:most wanted was released in 2005 and now x360 got the pimped up version, 7 years later.

kitler53 said:

imagine the possibilities:  hottie mud wrestling.  best new IP idea ever!

I'd so buy that game! :O

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

F0X said:
I have a hard time getting excited for next-generation graphics when developers are content to do absolutely nothing interesting with the raw power.

You wanna see better AI and physics? Can't argue with that.

Around the Network
timmah said:
DanneSandin said:

Next-Gen Game Engine in Action

Mud has never looked so real.

Former Mafia developer Daniel Vávra and his new studio Warhorse studios has shown off the next-gen game engine he's using to make his next game – an unannounced medieval RPG.

You can see the engine in action in the video below (offscreen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gwnSo9bcIyA

It might be just some muddy roads and a few run-down barns, but it does look uncannily real. Is this what we can expect from the next generation of home consoles? It's definitely whet our appetite. Eurogamer Czech has reported that the game is using a modified version of CryEngine 3.

Expect to see the untitled game on the next Xbox, the next PlayStation or a high-end PC near you at some unspecified date in the future (that's about as exact as we can be with this sort of thing).

What do you think of the new tech? Let us know in the comments below.

Update

Daniel Vávra contacted IGN to let us know that the presentation is running on an old laptop with a Nvidia 555M graphics card.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/10/next-gen-game-engine-in-action

I'll post the video in the next post: they've remade youtube so I don't find where to copy the code to put it in here.

So based on that, it should be no problem for the WiiU to produce similar visuals. Goes to show the difference that more modern GPU architecture can make when properly utilized vs. old-school raw power. That demo looks really good, by the way.

Damn, you sure Wii U could do that?

happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
happydolphin said:
sales2099 said:
If Fable 4 looks like that ill be super ready to buy next gen.

Same here, wished Zelda could have this kind of look.

Can't go realistic, Nintendos products would lose their allure. HD fine, but realistic? 

I'm just talking about Zelda's graphics, not Nintendo products as a whole, just Zelda. And I'm just talking about graphics, not style or fantasy or anything like that. Just visuals. I think OoT was quite real-looking for its time, and even the proportions were in tune with real life (Adult Link, Ganondorf). So I think it's completely reasonable to say I wished Zelda x could look like this.

I  think it's a safe beat that we one day will see Zelda with those kind of graphics. It's just a matter of time. I'm not sure if we'll see it this gen though... I'm hoping for it! Man, I want a beautiful Zelda game!!

walsufnir said:

here is a list of 2005-games: http://www.allpcgame.net/2007/04/2005-pc-games-list-of-all-pc-games.html  tbh they all look like crap to me in comparison to current console-games. interesting: the original nfs:most wanted was released in 2005 and now x360 got the pimped up version, 7 years later.

i had the first most wanted for my 360!

crissindahouse said:
walsufnir said:

i had the first most wanted for my 360!

iirc it was much like the version for the original xbox. am i right?

DanneSandin said:
happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Can't go realistic, Nintendos products would lose their allure. HD fine, but realistic?

I'm just talking about Zelda's graphics, not Nintendo products as a whole, just Zelda. And I'm just talking about graphics, not style or fantasy or anything like that. Just visuals. I think OoT was quite real-looking for its time, and even the proportions were in tune with real life (Adult Link, Ganondorf). So I think it's completely reasonable to say I wished Zelda x could look like this.

I  think it's a safe beat that we one day will see Zelda with those kind of graphics. It's just a matter of time. I'm not sure if we'll see it this gen though... I'm hoping for it! Man, I want a beautiful Zelda game!!

I hope they don't go that route with Zelda.

Realistic graphics won't work too well on a franchise like Zelda where magic, fantasy and mythology is so important. Besides realism has never been a goal in the development of a Zelda game. I think that graphics like Twilight Princess or the ones from the WiiU tech demo are the most realistic thing we'll get for Zelda, and for me that's fine.

On the other hand, there are other Nintendo games that could make use of such graphics like Metroid, F-Zero or Endless Ocean.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.