By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:
happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Can't go realistic, Nintendos products would lose their allure. HD fine, but realistic?

I'm just talking about Zelda's graphics, not Nintendo products as a whole, just Zelda. And I'm just talking about graphics, not style or fantasy or anything like that. Just visuals. I think OoT was quite real-looking for its time, and even the proportions were in tune with real life (Adult Link, Ganondorf). So I think it's completely reasonable to say I wished Zelda x could look like this.

I  think it's a safe beat that we one day will see Zelda with those kind of graphics. It's just a matter of time. I'm not sure if we'll see it this gen though... I'm hoping for it! Man, I want a beautiful Zelda game!!

I hope they don't go that route with Zelda.

Realistic graphics won't work too well on a franchise like Zelda where magic, fantasy and mythology is so important. Besides realism has never been a goal in the development of a Zelda game. I think that graphics like Twilight Princess or the ones from the WiiU tech demo are the most realistic thing we'll get for Zelda, and for me that's fine.

On the other hand, there are other Nintendo games that could make use of such graphics like Metroid, F-Zero or Endless Ocean.

@bolded Just...completely disagree. I'm not sure what else to say :D

Around the Network
JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:
happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Can't go realistic, Nintendos products would lose their allure. HD fine, but realistic?

I'm just talking about Zelda's graphics, not Nintendo products as a whole, just Zelda. And I'm just talking about graphics, not style or fantasy or anything like that. Just visuals. I think OoT was quite real-looking for its time, and even the proportions were in tune with real life (Adult Link, Ganondorf). So I think it's completely reasonable to say I wished Zelda x could look like this.

I  think it's a safe beat that we one day will see Zelda with those kind of graphics. It's just a matter of time. I'm not sure if we'll see it this gen though... I'm hoping for it! Man, I want a beautiful Zelda game!!

Realistic graphics won't work too well on a franchise like Zelda where magic, fantasy and mythology is so important. Besides realism has never been a goal in the development of a Zelda game. I think that graphics like Twilight Princess or the ones from the WiiU tech demo are the most realistic thing we'll get for Zelda, and for me that's fine.

On the other hand, there are other Nintendo games that could make use of such graphics like Metroid, F-Zero or Endless Ocean.

I don't think happyd is rooting for realistic graphics, and I'm certainly not. I think we're speaking of the graphics, not the art style.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Sal.Paradise said:
JEMC said:

It's ok, I know it's just my point of view.

But with realistic graphics there are some aspects of Zelda games that wouldn't work. A silent Link, the Gorons, cutting the grass to get rupees, etc.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

DanneSandin said:
JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:

I don't think happyd is rooting for realistic graphics, and I'm certainly not. I think we're speaking of the graphics, not the art style.

That's why I mentioned the graphics from the demo, impresive, and good looking, but nowhere near realistic.

To be honest, a Zelda with realistic graphics would turn me off. I just can't see me liking it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Sal.Paradise said:
JEMC said:

It's ok, I know it's just my point of view.

But with realistic graphics there are some aspects of Zelda games that wouldn't work. A silent Link, the Gorons, cutting the grass to get rupees, etc.

Well in my ideal Zelda Link would no longer be silent, but you could work it into the story. Born a mute/ cursed by some evil so he can't speak etc. Gorons could totally work, think LOTR cave troll just less ugly. The rupees...I'll give you that. 

Around the Network
JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:
JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:

That's why I mentioned the graphics from the demo, impresive, and good looking, but nowhere near realistic.

To be honest, a Zelda with realistic graphics would turn me off. I just can't see me liking it.

I wouldn't want realistic graphics either, but better graphics - hellz yeah! I actually like Zelda SS's art style, as well as TP. But mostly I'd really like to see something aching to the style of OoT, only in HD ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

walsufnir said:
crissindahouse said:
walsufnir said:

here is a list of 2005-games: http://www.allpcgame.net/2007/04/2005-pc-games-list-of-all-pc-games.html  tbh they all look like crap to me in comparison to current console-games. interesting: the original nfs:most wanted was released in 2005 and now x360 got the pimped up version, 7 years later.

i had the first most wanted for my 360!

iirc it was much like the version for the original xbox. am i right?

don't really know but could be maybe only a port

DanneSandin said:
happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
happydolphin said:
sales2099 said:
If Fable 4 looks like that ill be super ready to buy next gen.

Same here, wished Zelda could have this kind of look.

Do you think that the game would appeal to families at that point?

i don't like photo realistic graphics either but that isn't how it always works,the new zelda will look great

Above & Beyond

DanneSandin said:
F0X said:
I have a hard time getting excited for next-generation graphics when developers are content to do absolutely nothing interesting with the raw power.

You wanna see better AI and physics? Can't argue with that.

Absolutely. I want a strategy game with realistic single-player challenge, not just manufacturing challenge by giving the AI advantages. And there's no reason why there can't be a quasi-realistic fully destructible Minecraft-like game with next-gen tech. From Dust demonstrated that such advanced physics are completely possible (and it wasn't even AAA). But I guess only the smaller developers think to use processing power for things other than pretty graphics.

Besides, what I really care about graphics-wise is art design (and animation because that is key to creating convincing characters). I would honestly rather play Kingdoms of Alamur than the game shown in the video, because at least it isn't afraid to use a full color pallate (which, incidentally, is the most realistic color pallate imaginable).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero