By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us, best looking console game?

Is The Last of Us the best looking game?

Yeah 297 52.38%

No, there are others like... 270 47.62%

Total:567
LilChicken22 said:
Happyduds77

Uncharted 3 12 hours? I think you're confusing it with another game lol. My single player didn't last longer than 7,5 hours, no I'm not joking. It wasn't worth the 60 bucks at all. Why 7,5 hours when Among Thieves was +/- 11 hours with separate co-op levels.

I don't know how you finished Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception with getting all the treasures and trophies in 7 and a half hour. You got to be really good at the game, or just a liar.

Around the Network
LilChicken22 said:

the gameplay is simpler than a SNES game. 

that isn't saying much seeing as how many of those games were simply about running along defeating very simple enemies and now 20 years later nintendo continues toi release basically the same thing

try putting a snes mario or donkey kong video side by side with one of the "new" ones and tell me if you can easily spot the difference

LilChicken22 said:

And the second game almost didn't have one of those issues, why the sequel does?

Different teams.  The Uncharted 2 team is making The Last of Us.  Which is why I was little confused about you bringing up Uncharted 3 in an argument about the AI in this game.  It's much more likely to be in-line with U2 than U3.  Even more reason to get excited.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
AndrewWK said:
exclusive_console said:
The best gfx on consoles right now is KZ3

Last of Us looks amazing too.

No it is not, not even close. Killzone 3 is not even in the top 10

That's a silly statement. KZ3 is indeed a strong contestant for the best gfx this gen.

the only games on console that i would possibly rank above it (on console) would be Uncharted 3, God of War: Assension, Last of US, and Beyond.

LilChicken22 said:
Why do we still care about the graphics (the only reason The Last of Us is that popular). The gameplay will only be walking straight and kill some easy enemies. The campaign wont last for long either (7/8 hours max).

No there are many more reasons TLOU is popular, like the amazing animations, presentation, gameplay, setting, characters, dialogue, and NAUGHT GOD

Itll be better than every SNES game in every aspect in my opinion.

Around the Network
LilChicken22 said:
Why do we still care about the graphics (the only reason The Last of Us is that popular). The gameplay will only be walking straight and kill some easy enemies. The campaign wont last for long either (7/8 hours max).

Some of the best games I have played were walking in a straight line (left to right only), had terrible graphics by todays standards, and were no more than 3 or 4 hours. However, they had great gameplay, and level design allowing them to be enjoyed time and time again.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

killerzX said:
AndrewWK said:
exclusive_console said:

That's a silly statement. KZ3 is indeed a strong contestant for the best gfx this gen.

the only games on console that i would possibly rank above it (on console) would be Uncharted 3, God of War: Assension, Last of US, and Beyond.

Let me guess you haven´t played even 5 minutes of Halo 4. I don´t like the game but the graphics are stunning. And it so funny how you are referencing PS3 games you haven´t even played.

AndrewWK said:
killerzX said:
AndrewWK said:
exclusive_console said:

Let me guess you haven´t played even 5 minutes of Halo 4. I don´t like the game but the graphics are stunning. And it so funny how you are referencing PS3 games you haven´t even played.

i own halo 4. it looks fantastic. im not going to turn this into some graphics war. I think Killzone 3 looks better (because of all the particle effects being thrown at the screen, smoke, lighting, etc. i havent seen anything quite like it. all the effects it throws at your face seems unmatched). this is my opinion, your opinion is halo 4 looks better. that is fine. they both look great. i just feel that halo has simpler invironments (albeit larger). we can both have our opinions.

and i have played all the games i have mentioned except for of course the ones that havent come out.

halo is this year best looking game an crysis 3 next year