By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us, best looking console game?

Is The Last of Us the best looking game?

Yeah 297 52.38%

No, there are others like... 270 47.62%

Total:567
J_Allard said:
No. Unless it looks that good but isn't set in one small area after another with a fixed amount of enemies on screen at once like Uncharted/Gears of War. Give me a game that pushes a lot more, allowing a lot more freedom and maybe even 60 frames per second over this please. It does look great though.

Well, that combination is not possible on this generation of consoles if one also expects it to have the same quality graphics as Uncharted/Gears/TLOU.

Around the Network
Cirio said:
J_Allard said:
No. Unless it looks that good but isn't set in one small area after another with a fixed amount of enemies on screen at once like Uncharted/Gears of War. Give me a game that pushes a lot more, allowing a lot more freedom and maybe even 60 frames per second over this please. It does look great though.

Well, that combination is not possible on this generation of consoles if one also expects it to have the same quality graphics as Uncharted/Gears/TLOU.

Come on. Allow him to be utterly unreasonable if he wants.

Mummelmann said:
No, not really. Best looking console game ever made? Very, very likely. I don't understand how ND can squeeze such images out of the PS3's archaic hardware, it really baffles me!

The powah of teh cellz!

Sony would be crazy not to bundle this game. This is THE definition of a system seller.

AndrewWK said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
5m+ easily. it will have a great opening because of hype and than legs!

Ohh my god seriously? Fucking seriously?

3 million tops if the reviews are good. Those uber prediction are so fucking ridicoulos

fucking seriously!!

only 3 million? if a game of this quality cant sell 5 million atleast on a userbase of over 70m than it would be a fucking flop. those uber low predictions are so fucking ridiculous.

Around the Network
Cirio said:
J_Allard said:

Never said it was.. there are more to graphics than looks though.

Plus your reply just proves how silly it is to say any console game is the best looking game ever.

VGKing said:
Sony would be crazy not to bundle this game. This is THE definition of a system seller.

No, God of War: Ascension will be the bundled game for once in the series. Either that or Sony will bundle both games together (now that would shift systems). 

If God of War III can sell roughly 5.5m copies in 2.5 years with hardly any bundling, I'd bet on God of War: Ascension reaching 6.5m if it gets bundled UC3 style which is THE definition of a system seller. The Last of Us will sell 2.5 - 3.5m without mass bundling or 3.5 - 4.5m with, assuming it's an accalimed game. There's a lot of hype on the internet but it's not going to be a huge system seller, it's an untested new IP launching late in the console cycle with huge competition to go up against and for all we know the game could be all style but no substance and stink and bomb. 

And as far as consoles go, God of War: Ascension followed by Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Beyond Two Souls (actual gameplay not just cutscenes) are looking better. Gears of War: Judgment, Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light should look just as good. Also Tomb Raider could very possibly match it too since I heard that game is already playable from begininng to end and now the developers are just spending 4 months polishing everything.

J_Allard said:
Cirio said:
J_Allard said:

Never said it was.. there are more to graphics than looks though.

Plus your reply just proves how silly it is to say any console game is the best looking game ever.

You are correct. But you probably haven't been here long enough to know the type posts the OP makes, and why this topic was made in the first place.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
AndrewWK said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
5m+ easily. it will have a great opening because of hype and than legs!

Ohh my god seriously? Fucking seriously?

3 million tops if the reviews are good. Those uber prediction are so fucking ridicoulos

fucking seriously!!

only 3 million? if a game of this quality cant sell 5 million atleast on a userbase of over 70m than it would be a fucking flop. those uber low predictions are so fucking ridiculous.

I think 5 million is a fucking ridiculous prediction. It's an untested new IP, has huge competition and has the next generation consoles releasing soon which will cut it's legs short. My predicition is that The Last of Us will sell 2.5 - 3.5m (without mass bundling) or 3.5 - 4.5m (with mass bundling). And 3 million wouldn't be a flop at all. Your hype for the game is deluding your prediciton, it won't come close to your expectations. 

Aldro said:

This scene in the trailer made my jaw hang. Standingovation.gif