By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Phantom Pain is either MGS Ground Zeros or MGS5

Is this a new MGS game?

MGS Ground Zero 36 33.03%

MGS5 57 52.29%

No 16 14.68%

Total:109
BenVTrigger said:
Cirio said:
BenVTrigger said:
Cirio said:
Xxain said:

Cirio said:
Why would they announce two major MGS games at the same time? Doesn't it make sense to, y'know, release GZ THEN start talking about/hyping MGS5?

Its a ground zeros trailer...

Yes I agree it's Ground Zeroes. I was directing my reply to people who think this was teasing at MGS5.

Its metal gear solid 5......it litterally says it in the logo someone shoukd embed the picture since i cant

Kojima likes to tease. Remember when MGS4 came out for the iPhone (MGS touch)? The logo Kojima had in the trailers had the same look + color as the 360s start button on the console. Everyone was CONVINCED that it was MGS4 for the 360 but it ended up being MGS:Touch. I don't think Kojima would share a trailer that has obvious hints like you're assuming.

I dont think that Metal Gear Solid 5 is written in the logo.......its a fact

It only turns into a fact when you look at fan made alterations of the original logo.

Around the Network

Has anyone thought as to whether Kojima products is working in conjunction with another company?

BenVTrigger said:

I'll just let  you be excited for whatever it is lol. All I know is that I want to play it, whatever it is.

BenVTrigger - If this is different then ground zeros then what do you think the release windows would be like?

Max King of the Wild said:
BenVTrigger said:
Cirio said:
BenVTrigger said:
Cirio said:
Xxain said:

Cirio said:
Why would they announce two major MGS games at the same time? Doesn't it make sense to, y'know, release GZ THEN start talking about/hyping MGS5?

Yes I agree it's Ground Zeroes. I was directing my reply to people who think this was teasing at MGS5.

Its metal gear solid 5......it litterally says it in the logo someone shoukd embed the picture since i cant

Kojima likes to tease. Remember when MGS4 came out for the iPhone (MGS touch)? The logo Kojima had in the trailers had the same look + color as the 360s start button on the console. Everyone was CONVINCED that it was MGS4 for the 360 but it ended up being MGS:Touch. I don't think Kojima would share a trailer that has obvious hints like you're assuming.

It only turns into a fact when you look at fan made alterations of the original logo.

That just so happen to exactly line up?  Plus Kojima already confirmed 5 was on the way as he said Ground Zeros is intended to be the direct lead in story wise to 5.  Maybe it is Ground Zero and they just changed the plan and decided to call it MGS5

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Max King of the Wild said:
BenVTrigger said:
Cirio said:
BenVTrigger said:
Cirio said:
Xxain said:

Cirio said:

That just so happen to exactly line up?  Plus Kojima already confirmed 5 was on the way as he said Ground Zeros is intended to be the direct lead in story wise to 5.  Maybe it is Ground Zero and they just changed the plan and decided to call it MGS5

Well you said it was fact. I was just pointing out that it is actually lacking the that. Anyway, that also came to mind for me.

From Big Boss' wiki:

“Big Boss lost his right eye, right ear, and his limbs after his battle with Snake in the original Metal Gear, and became the first test subject of Madnar’s Snatcher Project, in which his limbs and injured organs were replaced with state of the art prosthetics, supposedly under the supervision of an unidentified despot in the Eastern Bloc.”

wait so they have metal gear revengeance about to release, metal gear ground zero for next year as well and now they want to announce a metal gear 5?

bananaking21 said:
wait so they have metal gear revengeance about to release, metal gear ground zero for next year as well and now they want to announce a metal gear 5?

It looks that way, kinda MGS overload right now

But I have a feeling from comments that Koj8ma has made lately that MGS5 will be a huge departure for the franchise.  Something totalky different

BenVTrigger said:

Seriously there's evidence everywhere 

The studio Moby Dick is never heard of

The founders name is an acronym of Kojima

You can see Snake and PsychoMantis in the trailer

Looks like the Fox engine

HYPED WHAT DO YOU THINK?

http://m.kotaku.com/5966803/is-the-phantom-pain-a-metal-gear-game-this-guy-might-know-but-hes-not-talking

All of your points are correct, but I draw a different conclusion.  I think it's yet another spin-off with a non Metal Gear title.  Phantom Pain might be a successor to Metal Gear, or essentially a new IP.