By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Phantom Pain is either MGS Ground Zeros or MGS5

Is this a new MGS game?

MGS Ground Zero 36 33.03%

MGS5 57 52.29%

No 16 14.68%

Total:109

^ No its a ground zeroes trailer. The tagline to ground zeroes is "two phantoms were born" This trailer showcases the phantoms

Around the Network

It's not MGS5 because the game is multiplat.

Xxain said:
^ No its a ground zeroes trailer. The tagline to ground zeroes is "two phantoms were born" This trailer showcases the phantoms

See my first instinct was that it was Ground Zeros too but whats with Metal Gear Solid 5 being written in the title?  Did they change the name?

ethomaz said:

You think MGS5 will be exclusive.............wow

BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Yeap.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Yeap.

You are aware theres no chance of that correct?

BenVTrigger said:
bananaking21 said:
wait so they have metal gear revengeance about to release, metal gear ground zero for next year as well and now they want to announce a metal gear 5?

It looks that way, kinda MGS overload right now

But I have a feeling from comments that Koj8ma has made lately that MGS5 will be a huge departure for the franchise.  Something totalky different

but isnt that what meta gear revengeance is doing? haha, did anything body think that is project ogre?

BenVTrigger said:

Why are you not leaving me to live in my dreams?

MGS 5 is PS4 exclusive.

The spinoff with Raiden will bomb in 360.

ethomaz said:

BenVTrigger said:

Why are you not leaving me to live in my dreams?

MGS 5 is PS4 exclusive.

The spinoff with Raiden will bomb in 360.

Yeah I agree Rising will probably bomb, but I expect it to on both consoles outside of Japan.  A mainline MGS game would sell well on 360.  Not as well as on PS3 of course but still worth the port

MGS Peace walker was called MGS 5 too, but it ended up not happening. Another strange thing is though is that the fake name is really Kojima ogre... I thought he said OGRE wasn't MGS?