By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo plans to maintain momentum “for the duration of Wii U”

VG247

Nintendo recently announced its early 2013 slate through three different Nintendo Directpresentations, which proves how dedicated it is to maintaining momentum in Q1, according to the firm’s European head of consumer marketing.

Speaking with MCV, James Honeywell reiterated Nintendo’s “very strong line-up,” for Christmas, and its “plans for Q1,” which include both new titles and re-promotions.

“We definitely want to maintain momentum in Q1 – that’s our focus right now,” he said, “[and to] maintain the balance [between core and casual] throughout the quarter and onwards, for the duration of Wii U. For us, it’s not just about launch, it’s about building momentum and maintaining that over a long period of time.

“Nintendo always makes sure it launches games throughout the year. We don’t really focus particularly on Christmas. We’ve got a strong line-up all the way through the year. We always have the marketing to support that. We have plans to take sampling all the way through the year.”

More through the link.

Around the Network

The problem with Wii U launch is there are just too many ports of games that came out on PS360 already. No coincidence Zombi U is the second best selling title.

Nintendo really needs to come with it in 2013. And I think they need something huge for next Xmas.

Kenology said:
The problem with Wii U launch is there are just too many ports of games that came out on PS360 already. No coincidence Zombi U is the second best selling title.

Nintendo really needs to come with it in 2013. And I think they need something huge for next Xmas.

I agree with you Kenology.

That statement is so full of shit, just so sad :/

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Kenology said:

Maybe, but a lot of the those port people like me haven't played and are looking forward to buying over the coming months. For example, Ninja Gaiden 3, which with all the improvements and DLC, is clearly the better version. I also want to play Darksiders 3. So year they go ports, but people like me are still buying them.

Nintendo will bring the goods for Christmas 2013, believe it

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network

First mention in Article: "For the Duration of Wii U"

Second mention in Article: "Through the year (2013)"

Shortest console life ever. :(

Don´t they always say that whenever they launch a system?

I didn´t feel momentum was maintained 'for the duration of the N64, GameCube and Wii'.

DaRev said:
Kenology said:

Maybe, but a lot of the those port people like me haven't played and are looking forward to buying over the coming months. For example, Ninja Gaiden 3, which with all the improvements and DLC, is clearly the better version. I also want to play Darksiders 3. So year they go ports, but people like me are still buying them.

Nintendo will bring the goods for Christmas 2013, believe it

Same here, I agree.  Although the ports make the line up look unattractive to people who already own PS360, I'm glad these games are on Wii U and I'm really enjoying Darksiders II.  I just think a few more exclusive core offerings in addition to ZombiU and NSMBU would've went a long way.  Imagine if we got Pikmin 3 and MoHun Ultimate at launch.  Geez.

Kenology said:

B b b u t the Wii U didn't have the best launch lineup ever???

OP. I think the price is a factor... Nintendo owner aren't accustomed to spending a lot on their consoles (over $300)... the PS3 suffered the same at the beginning even having more success in the launching than Wii U.

Seem like PS360 owners (PS3 mainly)  are more accustomed to pay more in their consoles.

Or I'm just spelling crap from my mouth???

ethomaz said:

B b b u t the Wii U didn't have the best launch lineup ever???

OP. I think the price is a factor... Nintendo owner aren't accustomed to spending a lot on their consoles (over $300)... the PS3 suffered the same at the beginning even having more success in the launching than Wii U.

Seem like PS360 owners (PS3 mainly)  are more accustomed to pay more in their consoles.

Or I'm just spelling crap from my mouth???

I don't know who said that.  I didn't.  I don't know why you would quote me with that part of your response.

Also, I expect the Wii U to do a lot better than PS3 launch aligned.

I don't know what your deal is here, etho.