By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yes all HDMI cables are the same except for shielding etc. However a low shielded cable should work in most instances as you only require 60% of the signal to get a picture.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

For all cables go here:

www.monoprice.com

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

I hate to be the one to tell you this, buutttttt....

HDMI is a digital signal. You either get the signal or you don't. There is no quality corruption like there is in an analog cable.

In short, a $4 cable works just as well as a $150 cable. Sorry you got screwed, man.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Considering I got my 6' HDMI cable for something like $3-- you got screwed.

rocketpig said:

HDMI is a digital signal. You either get the signal or you don't. There is no quality corruption like there is in an analog cable.

In short, a $4 cable works just as well as a $150 cable. Sorry you got screwed, man.

from what i understand 1.3 works differently than 1.2, in that it doubles bandwidth.
but only for applicable sourcces, its kinda like future proofing.
though new sony video cams already take advantage of HDMI 1.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
rocketpig said:

from what i understand 1.3 works differently than 1.2, in that it doubles bandwidth.

See, but 1.3 still uses the same cabling. Just like a 1.1 USB cable works for 2.0. It's a digital signal. If you have the same copper running from port to port, it will work.

make sure is a monster cable, or else you might NOT get ripped off...

rocketpig said:
iclim4 said:
rocketpig said:

See, but 1.3 still uses the same cabling. Just like a 1.1 USB cable works for 2.0. It's a digital signal. If you have the same copper running from port to port, it will work.

yeah it will work, but if your devices are 1.3 capable and you bought a cheap cable, youll be missing out on some new features. so no, i dont agree that 4$ cables would work just as well as $150 ones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Well, I guess you could try to resell the $60 one, or try to return it, if you can. As for next time, just remember that the whole world is a scam.

iclim4 said:
rocketpig said:
iclim4 said:
rocketpig said:

yeah it will work, but if your devices are 1.3 capable and you bought a cheap cable, youll be missing out on some new features. so no, i dont agree that 4$ cables would work just as well as $150 ones.

Unless I'm gravely mistaken, a 1.1 HDMI cable will work with 1.3 with no problem whatsoever.

BTW, I'd like to point out that I just bought a 1.3 cable for $5 on Monoprice. Guess what? They listed 1.1 cables as the same part number.

Like I said, digital is digital. Same port, same number of pins= same fucking cable

And honestly, if you can take complete advantage of HDMI 1.3 right now, you're a liar.