By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - To save Africa it shoud be re-colonized! - You have a better idea?

what to do?

recolonize 30 25.42%

send a massive UN led military 5 4.24%

send another trillion 4 3.39%

let the fall apart even more 39 33.05%

other 40 33.90%

Total:118

Looking at how white people interfere into internal affairs with little to no tact, not even paying a sign of respect to pretty miserable sovereignty most African countries outside of Maghreb has as it is, only inspiring wars, it's sort of colonized already, though not in strictly economic sense of course.

Just remebered old racist anecdote that's kinda fitting to the rest of my post :D
Students are having an exam in MGIMO, professor:
"Imagine the situation when our submarine accidentally collided with some African's country cargo ship, the ship has sunk. Your task is to write an official apology to the president of said country. You have 5 mins, go!"
In 10 mins, professor:
"Not bad, not bad. But few mistakes: "mother" and "f**ker" is a solid word, and when you address it as "you black-a**ed monkey", it should starts with capital letter. It's the president after all, have some respect!".

Around the Network

The Chinese already beat you to the punch.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

In a perfect world, the entire world would be under one nation imo. But that will not happen, thus wars are possible and the world is fragmented on what they believe is the best way to do things.

A fairly large portion of the reason Africa is such a mess is because of colonization. Recolonizing will make things worse.

Africa needs to sort its own shit out, it cannot be solved by the West.

Education is the key to fixing Africa.

If you look at countries that turned into dictatorships in the past it was the intellectuals and the upper classes (that didn't completely support the dictatorship) that were targeted and seen as the biggest threats. It's easier to control the uneducated and that's the reason why girls schools for example are some of the most important targets for Islamic extremists.

Education also leads to real change in the form of helping to create robust economies. This would hopefully lead to real freedom and equality but at worst would give the countries the money necessary to eliminate or at least vastly reduce starvation and death from lack of decent medical care.

Around the Network

Africa needs well known Party places like Ibiza in Spain! This would make this continent very famous! If they can take 50 Euro entrance in clubs or 15 Euro for a beer, that should give the country a real boom!!

Problems in Africa are related to greed, selfishness and corruption. There are people who would talk against corruption but would tend to justify it when it's their party of interest. Contracts are awarded and kickbacks are given in return. At some cases, official insists kickbacks are paid before the contract can go ahead. Africa needs political will to strengthen institutions to eradicate this.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Colonization in Africa resulted in the genocide of tens of millions. This is like saying that another holocaust would be a good idea to fix the problems in Europe.

The current problem in Africa is linked to the destruction of all of its traditional cultures as a result of colonization and outside interference.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Umm, I'm not sure what to say other than recolonizing definitely isn't a good idea.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

So to make Africa more "civilized", it needs to be re-colonized? I'm sorry, but no. If anything colonization ultimately led Africa to become what it is now. For example, look hoe the African map is drawn up. In the past, the natural boarders for countries really depended on the resources that country needed to survive. When Africa was colonized, the boarders were drawn up as a simple means of dividing up one country's territory over another. It really screwed the continent over.

A long, long time ago, Africa had great empires, great civilizations, and thriving cities. Africa has the natural resources and means to be one of the great economic powerhouses of the planet. But How can this be done? I do't think colonization is the answer. I think Africa's map needs to be redrawn. Or better yet, I think large portions of Africa should form into a union.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com