By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - To save Africa it shoud be re-colonized! - You have a better idea?

what to do?

recolonize 30 25.42%

send a massive UN led military 5 4.24%

send another trillion 4 3.39%

let the fall apart even more 39 33.05%

other 40 33.90%

Total:118

Best thing to do is to let Africa sort out its own problems. You don't solve bad agricultural policy and overpopulation by sending them food.

Around the Network
PDF said:

What they need is more war. I am serious about that. European countries developed so quickly because they had too. They were constantly at war with one another. War forces nations to have a stronger centralized government with a better tax system and stronger military to protect its citizens. The wars need to be between nations and not civil wars though.

Obviously war is a terrible thing and many would die but it could save millions more in the long run.

There was a reading about this in my comparative politics class about this. If I find the article i'll post it. The guys argument is much stronger than what I wrote.

In time of wars, heroes will rise.

You either don't touch them at all or just go in and have a complete take over. That way, any change is swift. There will be sacrifice but the end justifies the means.

If people here can openly advocate war, then by all measures my suggestion should be acceptable: Bring back apartheid.

one of the problems of aid is atm that we save lifes of many kids with that who then get many more kids who need help but not all get help then so you could say we increase the amount of helpless and ill humans with our help.

save the life of one million kids and they will get 5 milliion new kids who will die or need help.

sounds bad but atm i really believe the aid of the last decades just increased the trouble overall.

but i'm still for aid which is against that logic then, no clue

crissindahouse said:

one of the problems of aid is atm that we save lifes of many kids with that who then get many more kids who need help but not all get help then so you could say we increase the amount of helpless and ill humans with our help.

save the life of one million kids and they will get 5 milliion new kids who will die or need help.

sounds bad but atm i really believe the aid of the last decades just increased the trouble overall.

but i'm still for aid which is against that logic then, no clue

Sometime, drastic measure is necessary to control an uncontrollable problem.

Take China 1 child policy for example. It's cruel and everybody are against it.

Around the Network

Africa will get better when the rest of the world stops interfering. Europeans arrived there and exploited the land and the people, ruined everything, then left them with stupid institutions, arbitrary countries' borders and huge debts. Imagine you're used to work in a village and get food and a roof, and someday people you don't even know claim that you owe them more than you could ever produce in your life. Africa has huge debts to pay, but what are they paying for ? Did we ever bring them anything positive ? Nope. We bring them problems and ask them money for it. We invaded them and in a hundred years completely broke their millenary lifestyle and now pretend they are eternally in our debt for that.
Now there are too many people on earth and we've ruined most of the earth's soil, so Africa will once again turn into a warfare for resources and irrigable land, as China and others already have started placing their pawns there.
All that Africa wants is to go back to being on their own, unfortunately the rest of the world is too greedy to let that happen, they don't need us but we need their land, their people and their resources.

spurgeonryan said:

No man wants to be ruled, but in Africa's case everyone might just be better off.

What has happened over the last 100 years or so since Africa has taken itself back?

Deforestation, strip mining, genocide, race wars, aids, desertification, wars, animals becoming endangered, etc.

Countries have given trillions in aid for what? corruption, and not much change. Enough is enough1

Thanks god none of you rule anything... most of you don't even know Africa's history to think colonization was a good thing.

To help Africa the first thing that should be done is to reverse that stupid thing they did that was to deport entire population that didn't like each other and put them in the same country. Stupid that was...

Next, stop funding tyrants for control over ressources... seriously, Africa was and is still being robbed naked, why do you think they keep getting in debt? That continent is full of richness.

Other countries got where they are not because of wars but because they share knowledge, ressources and technologies. Africa seem to export goods but can't seem to import knowledge from rich countries.

Leave French people away from Africa as they made more harm to most African countries than other countries put together.

By any means please, no more wars, stop killing the population. People needs to go to school, not enrolled in silly wars that no one understands. Todays wars are for more money to be put in rich banker's pockets. People don't need to die for them. Once they left school they should be able to start putting their brains to good use, not to shoot people... can't believe some of you think wars are helpful...

spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Grass said:
I partly agree.

Africans shouldn't be allowed to rule their own land.

Sorry this took long to reply. Hard on a cell phone.

Are you serious? Didn't you live in Africa for a while? You would probably know the best steps to take.

I still live in Africa.

Actually, if they just enforced the death penalty and castrated rapists here in South Africa, then things would be a lot better already.

I can't believe someone actually thinks like this.

I am without words.