By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2012 NPD Thread - 360:1.26m, 630k<PS3<790k, 3DS:540k, Wii U:425k, Wii:420k, NDS:370k, PSV:>210k

Its a shame BenVTrigger isnt around.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Barozi said:

... Halo 4 standard edition sold under 3m, with unknown amount of bundles it's over 3m, Halo 4 Limited Edition 243k+.
or confirmed by other sources 3.2m without bundles.

Really only BenVTrigger could help us as he likely knows how many bundles they got.

But if Halo 3, Reach and Halo 4 had the same amount of bundles it doesn't really matter. Total sales 100k lower than Reach and 3 but within a tiny margin of error, so it's a tie.

Again... 243k+ is Halo Collector Editon... just the game not the bundled with XBOX... not the Limited Bundle Edition.

> 3 million already include the 243k+ from CE... the @creamsugar made a mistake thinking the CE sold 1/10 what standard edition sold so it put Halo < 3 million but fixed that because the CE sold more than 243k putting Halo > 3 million.

There is no 3.2 million without bundles... there is just over 3 million without bundles.

There is no Collector edition,Halo 4 LE call limited edition,console call Halo 4 limited edition console

And it's 3.2 million WITHOUT bundles,NPD DID NOT count console in software chart,we just seems don't know how Halo 4 console sold

D-Joe said:

There is no COllector edition,Halo 4 LE call limited edition,console call Halo 4 limited edition console

And it's 3.2 million WITHOUT bundles,NPD DID NOT count console in software chart,we just seems don't know how Halo 4 console sold

Ok I made a mistake with the name.

The 243k+ is the LE software only... no the LE bundled with X360.

> 3 million = Halo 4 SE + LE (243k+)

There is no 3.2 million... or maybe with bundles the nubmer is close to 3.2 million.

Edit - I think I need to explain better...

Halo SE + 1/10 (LE) < 3 milion.

But @creamsugar made a mistake with there 1/10... so it fixed to > 3 million because the Halo LE sales is over 243k.

That's it.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-12-07-halo-4-sold-3-2m-in-us-during-november

Halo 4 sold 3.2m according to NPD figure and we all knew NPD doesn't count bundles. So plus some bundles, Halo 4 would be sold > 3.3M I guess.

And I really don't understand why people here are so against Halo. You may be not a 360 fan, but please, don't down play a fantastic game, OK?

ethomaz said:
Barozi said:

... Halo 4 standard edition sold under 3m, with unknown amount of bundles it's over 3m, Halo 4 Limited Edition 243k+.
or confirmed by other sources 3.2m without bundles.

Really only BenVTrigger could help us as he likely knows how many bundles they got.

But if Halo 3, Reach and Halo 4 had the same amount of bundles it doesn't really matter. Total sales 100k lower than Reach and 3 but within a tiny margin of error, so it's a tie.

Again... 243k+ is Halo Collector Editon... just the game not the bundled with XBOX... not the Limited Bundle Edition.

> 3 million already include the 243k+ from CE... the @creamsugar made a mistake thinking the CE sold 1/10 what standard edition sold so it put Halo < 3 million but fixed that because the CE sold more than 243k putting Halo > 3 million.

There is no 3.2 million without bundles... there is just over 3 million without bundles.

That's exactly what I wrote.

But there are sources reporting 3.2m for Halo 4 without bundles.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

D-Joe said:

There is no COllector edition,Halo 4 LE call limited edition,console call Halo 4 limited edition console

Ok I made a mistake with the name.

The 243k+ is the LE software only... no the LE bundled with X360.

> 3 million = Halo 4 SE + LE (243k+)

There is no 3.2 million... or maybe with bundles the nubmer is close to 3.2 million.

Are you kidding?why not?if normal edition sold 2.95m,LE sold 250k,what you get?tell me what you get.

>3 million=no 3.2 million?are you implying AC3 on 360&PS3 both only little over 1m?then how is that get 2.9m?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-12-07-halo-4-sold-3-2m-in-us-during-november

This are from software ranking,they never count hardware bundle

Barozi said:

That's exactly what I wrote.

But there are sources reporting 3.2m for Halo 4 without bundles.

What source???

ethomaz, you really need to check more NEW availabe information of NPD. Halo 4 was sold 3.2M without any bundle. So VGC is spot on or a bit of undertracked, but for sure not over-tracked.

Anyway, it is within the error margin. God job, VGC.

D-Joe said:

Are you kidding?why not?if normal edition sold 2.95m,LE sold 250k,what you get?tell me what you get.

>3 million=no 3.2 million?are you implying AC3 on 360&PS3 both only little over 1m?then how is that get 2.9m?

This are from software ranking,they never count hardware bundle

That's change the things

Now the number is 3.2 million.

So 100k less than Halo 3 or Reach... better than 300k less before.

NPD dont track software thats bundled with hardware, so cut the crap people.