By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2012 NPD Thread - 360:1.26m, 630k<PS3<790k, 3DS:540k, Wii U:425k, Wii:420k, NDS:370k, PSV:>210k

KillerMan said:
Just to show how handheld market has collapsed...

NPD November 2006

Nintendo DS: 918k (+148.8%)
Game Boy Advance: 641k (-21.83%)

Not really... that means in 2005 the DS sold less than 3DS november last year. +148% is good, but means the previous year was dreadful.

Remember, the 3DS is still 1.5 million ahead in the US, compared to the DS.

And I bought my gameboy advance in 2002 for 69.99. I know the SP was more expensive back then (like 99 dollars), but should have been pretty (like mega ultra) cheap by 2006.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Max King of the Wild said:
The op has last years november total. This month is down 13%. So take last years and multiply .87 and you get this years totals.

The OP have VGC numbers... not NPD... read my previous post that what I found (PSP is missing).

You don't see "NPD 2011" in the graph in the right column? And using your numbers and adding PSP 160k from NPD in that column last years NPD totals are 4.765. 87% of that is 4.15. Thanks for increasing Ps3 totals

D-Joe said:

So let's ignore PSP numbers first,what would be total hardware sales(X+PSP) of NPD 2012 Nov?

Last year NPD was ~4,765k 4,605k without PSP.

~4,005k ~4,145k this year (-13%).

Edited - PSP did 160k.

You don't see "NPD 2011" in the graph in the right column? And using your numbers and adding PSP 160k from NPD in that column last years NPD totals are 4.765. 87% of that is 4.15. Thanks for increasing Ps3 totals

lol I'm really blinded... thanks.

morenoingrato said:
KillerMan said:
Just to show how handheld market has collapsed...

NPD November 2006

Nintendo DS: 918k (+148.8%)
Game Boy Advance: 641k (-21.83%)

Yeah, I think it's a fact that tablets have severely  damaged the Western handheld market.

Hell, even Vita + 3DS failed to reach 3DS's 2011 numbers.

I'm ready to concede this too.  Dedicated handhelds are phasing out here in the West.

I think the 3DS would post much healthier numbers if the DS was killed off, but I don't see any reason for Nintendo to expedite that process with all the DS profit they're raking in.

Still, there's only room for one player in the dedicated handheld market, not two - so it's either has to be 3DS or Vita.  Both could never thrive in these days and times.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
The op has last years november total. This month is down 13%. So take last years and multiply .87 and you get this years totals.

The OP have VGC numbers... not NPD... read my previous post that what I found (PSP is missing).

I don't think NPD or Sony gave PSP number last year

Cyrus_ATX said:
Nintendo DS beast

PlayStation All Star Battle - Bomba!!!

We have no NPD numbers for that .
or are you basing this on it not entering the top 10?

what's your point ethomaz ?

Just because there weren't officially released PSP numbers last year means that they don't count at all for this years calculations ?

EDIT: Ignore the question

Vita all star

I'm interested in knowing the Wii U software sales, specially the ports.

Nintendo and PC gamer