By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 49- Famitsu and Media-Create

ethomaz said:

COOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Won't be that big for Vita. PS3 has the fanbase for the series. Be lucky to get 6 figures unless they give fans a reason to buy both.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

This is indeed a huge game for Vita, too bad it's not exclusive, could do some serious help in sales if it was - probably being Vita's biggest game of all.

But eh, it's understandable... no way this game wouldn't be on PS3, it's a fat money cow.

Layton vs Phoenix is really low (series fatigue?) but at least I have contributed

on the other side, Atelier Totori + is well above my expectations.

outlawauron said:
ethomaz said:

COOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Won't be that big for Vita. PS3 has the fanbase for the series. Be lucky to get 6 figures unless they give fans a reason to buy both.

If they made it so only if you had both you can unlock Boa Hancock, Hawk Eye and Jimbei it would work (people love their 7 Sea Lords).

Former something....

Just to outline how good those 3DS numbers are...

It sold more this Week in Japan than everything in the UK combined last Week.

Around the Network

Blacksaber said:

If they made it so only if you had both you can unlock Boa Hancock, Hawk Eye and Jimbei it would work (people love their 7 Sea Lords).

Welll Boa and Jimbei are already unlockable... Hawk Eye will be so cool.

3DS just crushing in japan,i wonder if they will take to the WiiU,i'm guessing they will because nintendo have got all the right franchises lined up right,japan may become nintendonly

Above & Beyond

Carl2291 said:

what? damn!! that's pretty heavy... and starting from next year it seems as if it'll be able to pump out pretty good numbers in the west as well.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Carl2291 said:

That's pretty good considering the UK market overtook the Japanese market a couple years ago, IIRC.  Japan's games industry seems to be growing once again while the UK market may be contracting.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Good PS3 sales.

Down 20 to 25% yoy. Down more than PS3 trend elsewhere.

But 80% of the console market share is good.

If you say so.  But that performance is already killing your prediction thread... And what will the market share be from next week onwards?

Exactly.  The PS3 250GB model is around 25,000 Yen, I believe, and WiiU's basic and deluxe SKUs are launching for 26,250/31,500 Yen, respectively.  I expect that WiiU is really going to hurt PS3's sales going forward and become Japan's console of choice.