By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think is the scariest video game or video game level?

Is ED that scary, I played and finish the game 4 times 4 or 5 years ago, is not that scary, has some mind tricks, but is not scary, well I love maybe thats why I couldn't find it scary...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
cool48 said:
Hyperion said:
Video Games aren't scary.

OMG are you kidding!

Any scary video game I've ever played was at least 3x scarier that the scariest movie I ever saw. 

I always found the redeads in the Zelda series to be especially creepy.  Especially in Windwaker with that scream.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.  Skytown, the area where you get the Seeker Missile upgrade.  You remove the power cell, and shut down the containment fields that were keeping all those Phazon Metroids captive.  Then Phazon Metroids start coming through the walls, and you're charging up and down these dark, confusing hallways blasting away, not knowing where the hell you're going.  Awesome.

Entroper said:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Skytown, the area where you get the Seeker Missile upgrade. You remove the power cell, and shut down the containment fields that were keeping all those Phazon Metroids captive. Then Phazon Metroids start coming through the walls, and you're charging up and down these dark, confusing hallways blasting away, not knowing where the hell you're going. Awesome.

Although I knew I'd have to stomp Metroids in that lab, I didn't expect them to come through the walls. And then they phase through my missles...

lol, I blew through so much of my ammo fighting them.

Later on I finally put 2 and 2 together and killed them rather easily. Buuuut man that lab...

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Scariest game? Condemned

Scariest level:level with the dogs jumping out in resident evil

Around the Network

F.E.A.R was pretty damn scary, but only if you have a good system.

I was running the game at maximum settings, with the lights off, with the volume turned up on my 500watt 5.1 surround sound system. Very scary game first time 'round, the expansions weren't as good since I had gotten use to the FEAR style.

Pong is the scariest game ever. Those creepy green ellipsoids going back and forth....back and forth...........back and forth....................................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

j/k
Seriously, I don't play many scary video games, though some of the people on Warhawk are pretty scary.....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

I would have to say Silent Hill. Ive played 1 through 3 and thought they were all very very creeeeepy. Spooky spooky spooky...

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

I crapped my pants on REmake. There's this part where you see the shadow of a zombie bashing against the window. I cautiously approached it, but he didn't break through. Of course I was expecting him to do so once I had finished destroying the plant in the room beyond the window, and he did. Not scary. But then I was walking through another corridor, and without warning three/four of them fall through the window. Damn that was frightening!
Another great moment is when you take the elevator from the kitchen below, then walk towards the corridor, and suddenly see that the door is open. When you walk through, you're immediately jumped by a hunter who cuts your throat clean off.
Also, the first time in RE4 when you're killed by a chainsaw is... surprising, at the very least.

THE NETHERLANDS

The Wizard for Balley Astrocade.

No seriously, it's the only game i've ever been scared in. Probably because i was playing it before i have memories of playing it. (Like since I was 2.)

You were these like the guys. One Orange and one White. Used to call em Mustard and Mayo. They had hats that kinda looked like squeezetops

Anyway Mustard and mayo used to fight these demons that could turn invisible and reaapear you killed them via a gun. After they were killed "The Wizard' would show up... and you had a chance to shoot him. He moved super fast. Wasn't that scary, easy...

but every once in a while at random... (or atleast it seemed like it then, bet i could see a patter nown.)

A "Super" Wizard would appear, sporadically apperaing and disappearing making loud noises and throwing lightning bolts. If you guessed wrong he'd port right behind you and fry your ass or walk into and destroy you. When he showed up it was tense... you had to sit in a corner and hope you picked the right position incase he showed up. If you were moving or left him with more then 2 avenus of attack you were screwed. The levels with the U corners were godsends for this.

When i was younger i used to have a dream where he'd appear in real life. Never knew what he looked like really just everytime i heard that louder than loud creepy noise he made whenever he appeared i'd duck behind somewhere tight and hope i'd be looking the right way to defend myself.