By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think is the scariest video game or video game level?

the scariest level in a game has to be the Cradle from thief 3.... I still have nightmares about it! It scared the living shit out of me!

Around the Network

Scariest I can remember recently was the bathroom scene in Eternal Darkness(Alex walks into the bathroom and sees herself dead in the bathtub, which is full of blood). I still don't know why, but it freaked me out.

Granted, I don't play survival horror games often, so my experience is limited.

Clive Barker's Undying

Eternal Darkness is scarring the shit out of me...

I was in the bathroom (2nd floor)... (In eternal darkness) And i looked at a bath, it was empty.

Then, when i clicked the B-button to examine it i got a full picture of my maincharacter (which i was playing at that moment) lying dead in the bath, full of blood, with blood coming out of her eyes and mouth... I was like WTF!!!

And then, i ran out of the chamber... When i got out of it... Someone was banging on the door... So i ran to the main-floor... And there was this statue that keeped turning his face and looked at me while i was running passed it...

Damn, RE is nothing compared to that game! 

THE NETHERLANDS

ramuji said:
Fucking bathtub in Eternal Darkness

YES!

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network

For the single creepiest/scariest level it would have to be the playrooms in Shadowman. Creepiest game overall would be Eternal Darkness.

I mean, just check out the music for that stage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xJXWgvcHIQ

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Eternal Darkness, hands down. The statue that turns its head to look at you creeps me out every time. It just turns so..... smoothly, and eerily. The first time I played it I was up till 3am playing, when the sound on the TV starting changing by itself, and the TV would turn off and on. Scared the crap out of me.

To compare, I have played all of the Resident Evil games. None were scary. Although the hallway with the dogs bashing through the windows did make me jump.

I never completed ED... i was young and scared and a wuss! I need to find a copy!

Ravenholm. Freaking head-humpers...

For my bro is RE4 in the Island with the Regenerators and the Iron maiden...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Well, the best boo moment in all my VG history was in Resident Evil 2. Anyone remember the interrogating room with the mirror? We have to get some key items there. There are no enemies around, there is no music. I get the item and...

BAM

a fucking licker breaks the mirror making the loudest sound I have ever heard.
It scared all the life out of me. The N64 controller fell from my hands and the licker killed me. So I reload, go to the room behind the mirror and kill the licker there. "Not this time mother fucker". I go back to the original interrogating room to get the item and then ...

BAM

the same fucking licker jump out of the mirror making me drop the controller again.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."