By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can PS3 sell over 35m in USA?

yes. may top 40m before it's disconti................... yea i don't see that happening, so yea it will sell 35m.

Around the Network

it would have to sell at current generation yearly average for another 4 years. as sales will probably tank after the ps4 releases next year...this is a highly unlikely feat.

Max King of the Wild said:
shanbcn said:
Ocelot said:
I doubt it, it hasn't even sold 3 million this year.

It should be near 4 million by end of the year. 

And next year will recieve a price cut which would probably match the 4 million this year. that would still be 7 million to go with all three with new consoles... possible if it has a long life like the ps2 after the next gen comes out

Next year PS3 should be at 28m, it seem 35m may happen. But 32-33 is possible which will be great.

shanbcn said:
Max King of the Wild said:
shanbcn said:
Ocelot said:
I doubt it, it hasn't even sold 3 million this year.

It should be near 4 million by end of the year. 

And next year will recieve a price cut which would probably match the 4 million this year. that would still be 7 million to go with all three with new consoles... possible if it has a long life like the ps2 after the next gen comes out

Next year PS3 should be at 28m, it seem 35m may happen. But 32-33 is possible which will be great.

even that wont happen for another 5 years though

Possible? Yes but I think it's unlikely.

My prediction is 33 million in US for when it stopped to sell (> 2016).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4933940

The guys here are forgetting the real $199 price point (not deal), the $149 price point and finally the $99 price point.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

Thats a crazy prediction.  You expect the PS3 to sell more in Europe in the next 4 years (21 m by end of 2016) than it has sold in the last 4 years (20.5 m since Nov 2008)

lmao.... AMAZING!

That's it... PS3 will became massive in Europe.

kowenicki said:

So you stand by sales of the PS3 will be more in the next 4 years than in the last 4 years?

Please, please make that thread.  It will be an all time classic.

You promised you would.....  come on now...

Tonight or tomorrow... I need some work to do now .

This gonna be good.

Yes, but it shouldn't. Why? Because that would mean the PS4 would have to come out late 2014 at latest, which I feel would be a bad move on Sony's part. But still, even if it doesn't quite reach 35 million, I believe the PS3 has some life left in in, if only as a $99 blue ray player.

Love and tolerate.

ethomaz said:

Possible? Yes but I think it's unlikely.

My prediction is 33 million in US for when it stopped to sell (> 2016).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4933940

The guys here are forgetting the real $199 price point (not deal), the $149 price point and finally the $99 price point.

$199 will make sure PS3 doesnt drop as much, and will sell 4 million. So 28m when next gen starts, can PS3 sell another 7m after that? 

2.5m in 2014

1.3.m in 2015

700k in 2016

It seem 35m will be impossible but 33m is possible and within reach.