By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - No other console hardware manufacturer can rival Microsoft and Xbox for downloadable games, says Castle Crashers dev

PSN has vastly improved in the Indie department the last 2-3 years after they created the Pub Fund to finance games.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

"Before XBLIG, and even after, there has yet to be an easy avenue for independent devs to get work released without going through a closed platform or dealing with a publisher."

Interesting that that they included this line in the article, as it was critical of Microsoft along with everyone else.

Also, this article appears to be sheer spin. The things he is quoted as saying are not the same as what is paraphrased, not by a long shot. He said that the indie scene on consoles would not exist as it does today without XLA and that no one else has been as successful. He said nothing about quality or maturity or any of the other stuff people are making up.

Horrible, tabloid level article.

DirtyP2002 said:
But PSN rewards innovative and fresh ideas as well!
Best selling PSN game: Tetris.

If I'm not mistaken Tetris was the best selling game of 2011.

It was announced at E3 2012 that Journey was the best selling PSN game of all time.

Which would imply that it does reward innovative and fresh ideas.

DirtyP2002 said:

source? Real question, I was pretty sure that FFVII was the best selling game period off of PSN.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

source? Real question, I was pretty sure that FFVII was the best selling game period off of PSN.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+selling+game+on+PSN+Tetris

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

lol

zumnupy10 said:
sales2099 said:
zumnupy10 said:
Steam is much better for Indie developers.

But hows Wiiware and PSN? not so much

I don't know about Wiiware, but there has been some great games on PSN recently.

Unfinished Swan,Datura,flow,Flower and journey for example, but clearly XBL has the lead with Indie games on consoles.

Naming the few hyped artsy games doesnt really mean much considering how XBLA vastly outnumbers in quality.

Sorry but those 4 artsy games are so overlisted by so many people. They span different years as well, and never really sold well.

I can easily name many more XBLA games that score very high, sold well, and arent meant for hipster minorities.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DirtyP2002 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+selling+game+on+PSN+Tetris

tetris was the best selling in 2011. journey is the best selling game on psn of all time.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-journey-is-the-best-selling-psn-game-of-all-time--228743.phtml

kowenicki said:
Dallinor said:
DirtyP2002 said:

If I'm not mistaken Tetris was the best selling game of 2011.

It was announced at E3 2012 that Journey was the best selling PSN game of all time.

Which would imply that it does reward innovative and fresh ideas.

its all relative.  how many did it sell?

The best selling PSN game of all time.

I'm going to guess it sold enough to be rewarding.

sales2099 said:
zumnupy10 said:
sales2099 said:
zumnupy10 said:
Steam is much better for Indie developers.

But hows Wiiware and PSN? not so much

I don't know about Wiiware, but there has been some great games on PSN recently.

Unfinished Swan,Datura,flow,Flower and journey for example, but clearly XBL has the lead with Indie games on consoles.

Naming the few hyped artsy games doesnt really mean much considering how XBLA vastly outnumbers in quality.

Sorry but those 4 artsy games are so overlisted by so many people. They span different years as well, and never really sold well.

I can easily name many more XBLA games that score very high, sold well, and arent meant for hipster minorities.

How can you say they never sold well? We don't have any sales figures for the games.

Also 'hipster minorities'? Where do you come up with this nonsense?