By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Console sales numbers from Norway

EU is fine as an abbreviation for Europe. If he meant the European Union he would have put "the" infront.

EU - Europe

NA - North America

JP - Japan 

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

I'll also bring you the newest top 20 console games as well as top 10 handheld and PC when they arrive sometime this week!

We post these charts from Norway every week in the pal charts thread. You can see this for exemple.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14407#end

Is it what you wanted to show us?

Or, you speak about different things. 

I assumed he meant 2007 YTD charts, but maybe he just meant the standard weekly chart as he did say "newest top 20".

lombard2578 said:
Mummelmann said:

I'll also bring you the newest top 20 console games as well as top 10 handheld and PC when they arrive sometime this week!

We post these charts from Norway every week in the pal charts thread. You can see this for exemple.

That is pretty much it, but I can get PC and handheld charts though!

Avinash_Tyagi said:
So I guess Wii isn't toally unknow thare now is it Mummel

I knew you wouldn't resist. Every single Wii purchase in Norway is by a gamer, and not a casual. Casuals in Norway are still oblivious to it's existence, which was my point back then. Why do you think it sells so poorly compared to the rest of Europe? The Wii has been available for 4-5 months longer in Norway, and yet it is neck a neck with a console virtually twice it's price. In December 06 there were only 1500 or so Wii's moved because there was nothing on it that the core owners wanted. Attach rates also show how the Norwegian customers are; the 360 actually has the best software sales right now, and the PS3 software is 15-20% lower. The Wii attach rates here are horrible except for SMG, Zelda and MP3, which again shows what kind of buyers get the Wii in Norway. I know you want the Wii to devastate everything in the entire world, but that is juts not the case. And who cares about tiny Norway and it's habbits anyway?

You gave us the good old "but but my sister and brother and parents and aunt and uncle and parrot and goldfish got addicted to the Wii!" story, and I pointed out that those kind of buyers thought Nintendo stopped after the N64, which is true.

No win for you! 

Around the Network

I thought it was more Pro-Sony. I saw a report in a paper that Ps3 sold out Wii 1,6:1 and X360 2,2:1 or something- That is only in the capital though, and it reported a little less than 100k sold in Oslo. That must mean in other cities, PS3 doesn't sell at all... (50K Ps3 20k X360 and 35K Wii would be about 100k) Sony cannot have sold more than 15k tops in other parts of the country

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Mummelmann said:
lombard2578 said:
Mummelmann said:

That is pretty much it, but I can get PC and handheld charts though!

We post, as you say.

Top 20 home consoles.

Top 10 hanhelds

Top 10 PC

But, we have lose these top for the week 50. 

Those charts are with all versions for a multiplatform-game lumped together, ie not usable for comparisions.

Very interesting sales, considering the price difference, plus the PS3 has not dropped any of there big games and the wii has MP3 and SMG out.

Griffin said:
Very interesting sales, considering the price difference, plus the PS3 has not dropped any of there big games and the wii has MP3 and SMG out.

You're right, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank and Resistance are yet to be released in Norway.