By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have an employee who sucks.

kowenicki said:
You fired him, as should be your right. Bollocks to warnings, disciplinary procedures and improvement programs I say (as an employer), sometimes people just need to be shown the door. If he had shown some promise I'm sure you would have helped him, he sounds like a trouble causer.

If he keeps coming around have him arrested for harassment and trespass

The reason for documenting is because even in AT-WILL employment situations, you may need to prove that an employee was derelict in their duties in order to not be responsible for paying unemployment benefits.  The exception to this is in situations where the activities of the employee harm the business.

Any employee fired from a job can apply for unemployment benefits.  You can even contest it, and the employee can take you to task and appeal.  If he/she appeals and you don't have evidence of a problem you pay.

So.  Your right or not, it's wise (at least in the US) to document cause for dismissal/termination.

Now, for the UK, I don't know.  Employees have access to unlimited unemployment benefits (from what I can understand), access to free health care, access to free housing, and access to welfare benefits.  By access, I mean the right to.  In the US employees don't have any of that unless they can prove they have a right to it, even then there are different levels of access.  Unemployed men have access to fewer benefits than women do.   

Around the Network

Why are you coming onto a gaming forum to discuss this??? You tell us you're the manager aren't you?

What country do you live in? Did you give him a talk or any warnings before you fired him or did you do it in a sudden manner? I'm just trying to understand what he's thinking. Was he really trying to do better or was he just one of those lazy types? I've never been fired before so i'm sure it hurts, and you'd be mad too. In the past if I knew a job wasn't going to work out or I didn't really like the employees I would quit to save my dignity and time.

I'm not sure what kind of policies your running in that store or what your procedures are for employee termination but employees do have rights. He could bring a wrongful dismissal case against you. It sounds like your business isn't very legit.

Warn him not to enter your business again. If that fails just call the cops, or hire some temporary post for security officers to deal with him.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

lol people asking what country his from. I think his sign might help you guyz a hint ;)

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Just tell him that you know someone who's a cop then he'll back away.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Give him a bus driver style uppercut, I think that'd keep him away for good.

Dmick9O said:

Why are you coming onto a gaming forum to discuss this??? You tell us you're the manager aren't you?

What country do you live in? Did you give him a talk or any warnings before you fired him or did you do it in a sudden manner? I'm just trying to understand what he's thinking. Was he really trying to do better or was he just one of those lazy types? I've never been fired before so i'm sure it hurts, and you'd be mad too. In the past if I knew a job wasn't going to work out or I didn't really like the employees I would quit to save my dignity and time.

I'm not sure what kind of policies your running in that store or what your procedures are for employee termination but employees do have rights. He could bring a wrongful dismissal case against you. It sounds like your business isn't very legit.

i'm the owner of the business. i'm in the off topic forum. i just found it annoying and hilarious at the same time so i thought to post.

anyway i'm operating the business in the Philippines (though i'm a british citizen). i fired him off suddenly after another dirty-ass pile of garbage sat in the corner of the restaurant.

how is my business not legit? i have all the permits and he violated the simple idea that he has to work properly and not be an idiot. am i not allowed to fire loudmouth fools who blame everyone else aside from himself?

How frustrating. Remember you ultimately want him to shrink up and go away. So your action should not escalate things - as many people suggestions would be like throwing gasoline on a fire.

I had an employee that suggested we substitute something important with something less expensive and just not tell our customers. In addition to being illegal, it was immoral and was the last straw with that employee. I ended up giving her a bunch of credit and she is still a customer.

How about offering to give the guy a free sandwich every Monday for a while? You could offer to help feed him while he is looking for a new job. He would be away from the restaurant most of the time - and you would know when he is coming. Plus it could be considered a nice thing to do.

And hopefully, he would only come in a couple of times.

edit: PS Bonus - if he comes in the second week - make sure it's packed as a 'to go' meal.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

kowenicki said:
You fired him, as should be your right. Bollocks to warnings, disciplinary procedures and improvement programs I say (as an employer), sometimes people just need to be shown the door. If he had shown some promise I'm sure you would have helped him, he sounds like a trouble causer.

If he keeps coming around have him arrested for harassment and trespass

No sympathy for the hopelessness felt by the unemployed?

On my part, i've found that i'm becoming growingly biased against two groups of people: Hiring Managers, and elderly people who should retire but don't.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

it's called karma...

older members will know what you did...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)