By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nextbox "Durango" has 1.6GHz CPU?

Teriol said:
D-Joe said:
MDMAlliance said:
Well if people start calling BS on this, I should point out how much people agreed with this guy when he talked about the Wii U specs. So I think we should definitely take this as a possibility.

Not really,WiiU released but durango not(not saying he must BS)

yeah and this guy say a lot of things without proubes abut the "WiiU cpu's speed" and all people just take it as fact, or now this guy is wrong? double standards?

You don't see the difference between a hacker with final hardware to test and get information from. And the same person reporting seccond hand info on an aspect of a console which hasn't even been announced yet, and is currently in active development so aspects such as clock speeds are not final and are still subject to change? 

The first is easy to belive as it lines up with previous reports and leaks and is from someone that is in a position to verify the info. The seccond has too be taken with a huge pinch of salt as it's seccond hand info that is subject to change. There is no double standard, even if the info is likely acurate as of now. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
D-Joe said:

What double standards?Yes,he can be wrong for this,or you tell me he have WiiU so he must also have Durango dev kit?

He knows about WiiU CPU speed not because any "Anonymous source".

we have no proubs about "the things he say about the wiiu cpu", same here we have no proubs about the 1.6 ghz of durango. double standards.

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
D-Joe said:

What double standards?Yes,he can be wrong for this,or you tell me he have WiiU so he must also have Durango dev kit?

we have no proubs about "the things he say about the wiiu cpu", same here we have no proubs about the 1.6 ghz of durango. double standards.

makes absolutely no sense.  What you're saying is that because we trust his hacking abilities of Nintendo hardware in particular when he has the system in his hands to try and test we should trust his journalistic sources for Microsoft as well.  Those two have nothing to do with one another.  

Torillian said:
Teriol said:
D-Joe said:

makes absolutely no sense.  What you're saying is that because we trust his hacking abilities of Nintendo hardware in particular when he has the system in his hands to try and test we should trust his journalistic sources for Microsoft as well.  Those two have nothing to do with one another.  

ok no pro :) please don't ban me xD

34 years playing games.

Torillian said:
MDMAlliance said:
D-Joe said:
MDMAlliance said:
Well if people start calling BS on this, I should point out how much people agreed with this guy when he talked about the Wii U specs. So I think we should definitely take this as a possibility.

Not really,WiiU released but durango not(not saying he must BS)

What I'm saying is that people were taking him as a legitimate source of information.  I'm not saying this information cannot be refuted, but if we say what he said for the Wii U is the reality, then there should be no reason to suddenly dismiss from his sources.  If someone does, while agreeing with his Wii U sentiment (if this person does so without any grounds, at least), they are being a hypocrite. 

That doesn't make any sense...why should we assume that someone supposed to be a big name in the Wii hacking community and who has the Wii U in his hands to play with and learn about would have sources in the games industry that could tell him the clock speed on the nextbox?  I'll be honest, that doesn't seem hypocritical to me so much as logical.  Noone was assuming that he got his information about the Wii U by asking around, and thus believing him about the Wii U does not mean you have to believe what he gets by asking around about the Nextbox.  

Not really.  It stands to reason that if he's a legitimate hacker who actually got the real specs for the device (as no one else in the world so far has actually been able to, it seems), his sources that he trusts may have legitimate standing for other things.  it's still a double standard in that those who outright say it's total BS who agreed with his Wii U assessment are only hearing what they want to hear.  I'm not saying that it's very likely or that his source can't be wrong, but I don't think we can just dismiss this as BS unless you want to discredit some of the legitimacy of his own specs. 

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

Not really.  It stands to reason that if he's a legitimate hacker who actually got the real specs for the device (as no one else in the world so far has actually been able to, it seems), his sources that he trusts may have legitimate standing for other things.  it's still a double standard in that those who outright say it's total BS who agreed with his Wii U assessment are only hearing what they want to hear.  I'm not saying that it's very likely or that his source can't be wrong, but I don't think we can just dismiss this as BS unless you want to discredit some of the legitimacy of his own specs. 

"Unfortunately, Marcan didn’t provide specifics as to how he obtained the numbers, saying that he’d rather not talk about his methods as of yet. However, he did say that it involved hacks as opposed to leaked information."

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/142002-wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-not-the-end-of-the-world-but-not-great-either

To me that makes these two situations completely separate.  You can trust a well known hacker to hack a siystem that is out and available, you don't just assume that any leaked information he gets is of the same validity.  Even if we assume he got his information from sources, those sources got the information through hacking and not through leaked information from developers which is what the nextbox information would have to be so again trusting one does not necessitate that you trust the other.  Once the nextbox is out and people can hack it I'll trust the word of a hacker on its specs.

OMG! Too slow. Cancelling pre-order now.

Torillian said:
MDMAlliance said:

"Unfortunately, Marcan didn’t provide specifics as to how he obtained the numbers, saying that he’d rather not talk about his methods as of yet. However, he did say that it involved hacks as opposed to leaked information."

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/142002-wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-not-the-end-of-the-world-but-not-great-either

To me that makes these two situations completely separate.  You can trust a well known hacker to hack a siystem that is out and available, you don't just assume that any leaked information he gets is of the same validity.  Even if we assume he got his information from sources, those sources got the information through hacking and not through leaked information from developers which is what the nextbox information would have to be so again trusting one does not necessitate that you trust the other.  Once the nextbox is out and people can hack it I'll trust the word of a hacker on its specs.

I'm referring to the whole nature of the reveal with Marcan to begin with.  He didn't say how he did it, but we trust that he did.  He is a well-known hacker, but most people I'm seeing react to the news didn't know him anyway.  That, and since we trust that he actually DID what he said he did, we can also trust that he didn't just make this up.  That someone he got this information from may have a way of obtaining the knowledge.  Of course this can't be proven.  However, the fact he didn't say anything except that it involved "hacks" itself can be seen as sketchy considering that no one else has come out and confirmed these things he said.  If those same people who immediately said that the Wii U specs were the real deal say this is BS, it is still a double standard.  Yes, it does involve leaks while the Wii U one involves hacks, we do not know the specifics with either one.  Also because we don't know how it really will be, we can't just say that there's no way.  Therefore, those who agreed with Marcan on the Wii U but instantly call this BS are definitely being a hypocrite.  I'm not trying to say those who simply disagree, I'm talking about those who vehemently oppose his statement and think that there's no possible way.  

Since when we need to 100% trust a person if he's right in first time?and if we don't=it's double standard?
He hack to WiiU to get the info,he heard some "anonymous source" to get the info are 2 different thing,it's not double standard if someone trust one but not trust other one

Would make even more sense if kinect was integrated into it. But otherwise RAM and GPU should be a bigger thing.