By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Age of Conan postponed. Again...

Funcom announced in Norwegian media outlet VgNett today that their Massively Multiplayer Online game Age of Conan's release date has been pushed from March to May 23rd.

Bad news for anyone hoping to immerse themselves in Robert E. Howards universe before spring, but the setting of an actual date could bode well and could be interpreted as a sure sign that it's finally arriving that day!

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm very disappointed myself, as this looks to be an adult MMO with a setting and sheer size to keep anyone satisfied. Mix that with solid gameplay and stunning DX10 compatible visuals, and you have yourselves a nice treat.

Around the Network

Well at least their delaying it to do further develop the game rather than releasing a rushed product.

PC Gamer

Its better to be polished and ready than released early with lots of bugs.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

its better like this let them take there time and release a good game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
its better like this let them take there time and release a good game

Yup, it's always the same, people are disappointed because the game they want is delayed. But I'm pretty sure they'd be even more disappointed if the game they wanted sucked.

Around the Network

Age of Conan will be awesome. The bad thing is it will be too addicting for me to play, I'm afraid I won't be able to take the risk.

Also, the stress you feel when others play 24/7 and get into elite guilds and pwn you is awful.

A spokesman for Funcom told me (by e-mail) that the first expansion pack is already being planned. It will probably be called "Invictus" after a King Kull story and contain Atlantis accessible from a portal!

Stop it! Don't tempt me. Perhaps I'll just try out the single player part of the game... would that work?

Delays for an MMO are always for the best. The more delayed it gets the better. Those things are insanely hard to fully debug and need a high level of polish in the modern market. By all account I heard the game would be trash at release in March. May holds some hope though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

The game would be trash if it was released in March? And u only hold hope if it gets a May release. You're really underestimating Funcom. It won't be a Anarchy Online launch this time around.