By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Recession - Thank you America.

hoerenkind said:
stof said:
Don't worry guys. Recessions are a natural occurance. That's why Bush's government spent their term in office using the good years to pay down debt so that they'd have more money to pump into the economy to offset slow downs such as this one...

Oh wait.

they did ?? that new for me

No they didn't. That's why I said "Oh wait."

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
insomniac17 said:
mrstickball said:
Welcome to 1928 again. Where Credit causes a massive American depression.

Sadly enough, the banks should all be destroyed. The US housing market has been booming for years - with home ownership reaching 75-80%. Unfortunately, alot of those houses were bought with credit by people that cannot afford them.

Good thing I'm getting into purchasing apartment complexes. When everyone runs away from defaulting on their mortgages, they'll run straight into my complexes.

Also, feel free to blame America for your problems. It's everyone's fault that the world has relied so heavily on globalization, that if one market falls, it takes the rest with it. There are millions of Americans opposed to the WTO, UN, and other massive global buracracies that cause so much interdependance, which can kill any country - regardless if it's the US hurting Europe, or vice versa.

Which is why we need to do something about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. This is a huge problem where I live, and if we were to stop it, then we wouldn't have nearly as many poor people living in houses they can't afford.

Blame it on the illegal immigrants now ?

And ILLEGAL immigrants can buy houses wow that surprised me...

Illegal= key word, and no, I am not saying it is mainly their fault, but they certainly aren't helping things. 

Around here, there has been explosive growth in recent years, and many of the new families were from Mexico, and about half of those openly stated they were here illegally. They were also responsible for building the new houses, and I would assume used that money for a down payment on them, but now that the housing market has failed, they have no more money, and can't pay off their bills.

stof said:
hoerenkind said:
stof said:
Don't worry guys. Recessions are a natural occurance. That's why Bush's government spent their term in office using the good years to pay down debt so that they'd have more money to pump into the economy to offset slow downs such as this one...

Oh wait.

they did ?? that new for me

No they didn't. That's why I said "Oh wait."

Awesome XD.

USA should learn from Canada...

StarcraftManiac said:

Btw, we were already a mighty economical power before the US even was a country. So what the hell are you talking about? It IS America's fault... You deal with it! 

Yeah, through what? Oh, I don't know a little thing called the "slave trade." Maybe pillaging Africa for all it's worth didn't play a role too, huh Starcraft?

Seriously, it's this inferiority complex all over the world that when things go bad, it must have been the U.S.'s fault in some way.

Personally, I would love for the U.S. to become an isolationist country once again, and not have to deal with all these foreign politics like it is entangled right now.

Famine said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Btw, we were already a mighty economical power before the US even was a country. So what the hell are you talking about? It IS America's fault... You deal with it! 

Yeah, through what? Oh, I don't know a little thing called the "slave trade." Maybe pillaging Africa for all it's worth didn't play a role too, huh Starcraft?

Please....and were did a lot of those slaves go? Yosh USA and we all know how Africans were mistreated in USA and Europe.

Seriously, it's this inferiority complex all over the world that when things go bad, it must have been the U.S.'s fault in some way.

*Sigh* ...But this time it is...Not so long ago the markets dropped a lot because of China and everyone blamed China for that...So what;.it is true...Why do you feel so offended by it?

Personally, I would love for the U.S. to become an isolationist country once again, and not have to deal with all these foreign politics like it is entangled right now.

USA would have a huge problem then..

Around the Network

Hate America all you want. Just know that we will be there for you no matter how ungrateful you are. When a country invades, or terrorists attack you, America will stand by you. No questions asked. That is an unshakeable truth.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I blame bush and the 95% of retarded american's for ruining my country
i mean how hard is it not to get into seriously debt like most americans are, oh wait you would need to know math, have a little bit of common sense and a little will power

dbot said:
Hate America all you want. Just know that we will be there for you no matter how ungrateful you are. When a country invades, or terrorists attack you, America will stand by you. No questions asked. That is an unshakeable truth.

A lot of 'hate' towards the United States is produced by foreign and trade policies which are heavily influenced by lobby groups inside the United States; you'd be surprised by how many of these protectionist groups have enough influence in the government (and can manipulate the legal system when all else fails) and use this influence to maximize their profits at the expense of the American public and foreign companies at the same time.

I don't want to be overly cynical, but (at times) it seems like the United States is as corrupt as most tin-pot dictatorships around the world.

The last two posts are the reasons why EU VS USA trheads should be closed...Still I don't get it why many feel so offended..

The EU, Russia, China, and Japan had plenty of warning since 2001 that this was going to happen.

1 of 2 things could have happened.

1. Thy could have created new economic policy, making it so that these nations weren't so dependent on US markets. And then thosw markets would have crashed, leading to WWIII

or 2. Do what they are doing, and work in orchestration so that the strength of the many different economies prevents one major market from actually crashing and continues with a series of adjustments of a longer period of time.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.