By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Recession - Thank you America.

StarcraftManiac said:
Entroper said:
Yes, America is to blame for everything. We suck. We all get it.

I'm sorry to say but yes... It all started because of the American banks and the way a lot of American's can't keep their hands of cash whilst they can't repay their debts... So yep, all your fault... Just like how America screwed the Palestinians over Israel and their nukes (which they aren't allowed to have but with America backing them no-ones complaining) and just how they totally focked up Iraq and Afghanistan...

Off-topic: Btw, why is America whining about Iran 'supposedly' having a nuke?... Israel has one, and that country isn't allowed to have on either... I don't here the American Government about that... Maybe because of the Jewish lobbies in America?... Or the fact that America needs Israel to have a strong military presence in the Middle-East?... I sense bias...

someone hasn't heard of the six-day war in which Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Algeria
all joined forces against israel.  A qoute from the egyptian leader Nassar "The battle will be a general one and our basic objective will be to destroy Israel"  Israel needs nukes because every hardline arab country would hope to wipe it off the map if they had the chance. 

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Btw, we were already a mighty economical power before the US even was a country. So what the hell are you talking about? It IS America's fault... You deal with it!

If you're so mighty and powerful, then how is it that our recession can "take World Economy down" as you put it? You're taking a seriously immature attitude about this. Recessions happen after periods of too much growth. At some point, the growth becomes unsustainable, and the market corrects.

Konnichiwa said:

And the growth of the European markets also beniffited the US market before so what is your point?

Of course, it's a global economy. But you don't hear me bitching every time our economy takes a hit from a foreign recession. Japan went into a recession a few years ago, and I don't recall seeing threads that said "Recession - Thank you Japan." with comments like "I bloody hope Japan falls more than 10% tomorrow!" If we grow with Japan, we will shrink with Japan, and vice-versa. If Europe grows with us, Europe will shrink with us, and vice-versa.  There is no sense in spreading all this US-hate.

I'm not getting into this argument but I will say you're welcome, since you're saying thank you. I didn't vote for Bush either time, thank the Electoral college not America. In fact I think Bush lost the popular vote BOTH times.

souixan said:
I'm not getting into this argument but I will say you're welcome, since you're saying thank you. I didn't vote for Bush either time, thank the Electoral college not America. In fact I think Bush lost the popular vote BOTH times.

Actually, he got 51% of the popular vote in 2004. He did not win it in his first election, however.

konnichiwa said:
Famine said:

Yeah, through what? Oh, I don't know a little thing called the "slave trade." Maybe pillaging Africa for all it's worth didn't play a role too, huh Starcraft?

Please....and were did a lot of those slaves go? Yosh USA and we all know how Africans were mistreated in USA and Europe.

Seriously, it's this inferiority complex all over the world that when things go bad, it must have been the U.S.'s fault in some way.

*Sigh* ...But this time it is...Not so long ago the markets dropped a lot because of China and everyone blamed China for that...So what;.it is true...Why do you feel so offended by it?

Personally, I would love for the U.S. to become an isolationist country once again, and not have to deal with all these foreign politics like it is entangled right now.

USA would have a huge problem then..

Only the U.S.A.? How about all of South and North America? France, Spain, Britain.... the Dutch! I don't know why I'm even talking to you about this since his comment was about how his country became an economical powerhouse, not so much through moral and respectable ways.

It doesn't even have to do with economics, weather it be turmoil through natural disasters or some upheaval by the people, the U.S. is solely to blame. Israel and Palestine: Blame the U.S. mostly. Tsunamis in Southeast Asia: Guess what? Blame the U.S. How the hell is the U.S. to blame for a natural disaster elsewhere in the world? But there they were, thinking that the U.S. is so technologically advanced they should have headed some kind of warning.

These are just two examples out of the many were it gives people a chance to bombared the U.S. without some rational thinking.

No, the U.S. is to blame for a few things, but to come in to make a thread with this "holier than thou" statement, well, make sure you can back it up.

The U.S.A. did not get involved in world politics as much during pre-WWI, and to some degree before WWII, and we turned out just fine.

Around the Network

The sad thing is that America's market is so huge that when we go down we take everyone else down with us.

America's problem is the trade deficit, which is in the billions. The best solution that I could think of is for America to adopt universal healthcare so that our domestic industries will no longer have a disadvantage to foriegn competitors. America's automakers (Ford, GM, Chevrolet, etc.) was once led America to the forefrunt of the global economy, but now they can't compete with Japanese autmakers because they owe billions upon billions of dollars to current employees and retirees in the form of benefits. When Japan started producing automobiles in the South were unions are weak so that they could pay their workers less and give them less benefits, which dramtically cuts their cost and gives them an advantage over US automakers.

Watch the trade deficit grow:
http://www.americaneconomicalert.org/ticker_home.asp

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Entroper said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Btw, we were already a mighty economical power before the US even was a country. So what the hell are you talking about? It IS America's fault... You deal with it!

If you're so mighty and powerful, then how is it that our recession can "take World Economy down" as you put it? You're taking a seriously immature attitude about this. Recessions happen after periods of too much growth. At some point, the growth becomes unsustainable, and the market corrects.

Because USA needs EU and EU needs USA.  If USA haves problems EU will feel it and the same would happen 
if EU had problems.. 

Konnichiwa said:

And the growth of the European markets also beniffited the US market before so what is your point?

Of course, it's a global economy. But you don't hear me bitching every time our economy takes a hit from a foreign recession. Japan went into a recession a few years ago, and I don't recall seeing threads that said "Recession - Thank you Japan." with comments like "I bloody hope Japan falls more than 10% tomorrow!" If we grow with Japan, we will shrink with Japan, and vice-versa. If Europe grows with us, Europe will shrink with us, and vice-versa.  There is no sense in spreading all this US-hate.

Come on okay I understand Starcraft mabye went to far but the OP post was no to bitch about it...

Japan =/= Eu or USA.   Japan is becoming every year less important for us...In fact is just a small country with a population of around 120 million.  Japan got a recession because of China.  A lot of the factories that made products for USA or EU moved from 
Japan to China what happens..

Japan loses factories => Japanese workers lose their job => Less USA or EU companies invested in Japan That is bad from Japan

but what changed for USA and Europe?  We get our products now from China and not from Japan...That is all. People will not lose jobs because of the fact that we get our products from China in the place of Japan ^^''.

Well, it's OK to detest a government or a ruling class, but we should remember that ordinary Americans are victims of the US system. People got credit cards because they had no other choice. People took out huge mortgages because they had to (you have to live someplace).

That said, it's true that the US Empire has deeply corrupted the US public. Too many people think it's OK for an American President to be God Emperor of the Planet. Our $800 billion annual military budget (yes, it's really that big, when you count nukes, Veteran's Affairs, foreign aid, and Iraq) has poisoned our economy with positively Soviet levels of waste and internal corruption. Our corporate-owned mass media deliver the worst news in the world -- they shamelessly hyped the Iraq War and didn't become critics until it was obvious the war was lost. Even then, the best reporting comes from the public mass media of other countries (BBC, etc.).

As an American, I loathe the Empire. It benefits noone except Halliburton and Boeing, and it violates every principle of democracy, tolerance, reason and justice ever created, including the ideals of the American Revolution (a rebellion against the British Empire). The US Empire needs to go -- not now, yesterday. Get out of Iraq, talk with countries instead of bombing them, chop that military budget in half and spend $400 billion on education, science, renewable energy and the environment and hey presto - America will be back. If we don't do this, then we go the way of the Soviet Union.

Famine said:
konnichiwa said:
Famine said:

Yeah, through what? Oh, I don't know a little thing called the "slave trade." Maybe pillaging Africa for all it's worth didn't play a role too, huh Starcraft?

Please....and were did a lot of those slaves go? Yosh USA and we all know how Africans were mistreated in USA and Europe.

Seriously, it's this inferiority complex all over the world that when things go bad, it must have been the U.S.'s fault in some way.

*Sigh* ...But this time it is...Not so long ago the markets dropped a lot because of China and everyone blamed China for that...So what;.it is true...Why do you feel so offended by it?

Personally, I would love for the U.S. to become an isolationist country once again, and not have to deal with all these foreign politics like it is entangled right now.

USA would have a huge problem then..

Only the U.S.A.? How about all of South and North America? France, Spain, Britain.... the Dutch! I don't know why I'm even talking to you about this since his comment was about how his country became an economical powerhouse, not so much through moral and respectable ways.

Ofcourse the rest of the world too but with isolated you mean like:  Don't get oil from other countries,
 Produce everything in the USA CARS, TV's, CLOTHES... right?

I don't have to tell you a lot of products would be a hell more expensive right? And without oil you will have 
problems..

It doesn't even have to do with economics, weather it be turmoil through natural disasters or some upheaval by the people, the U.S. is solely to blame. Israel and Palestine: Blame the U.S. mostly. Tsunamis in Southeast Asia: Guess what? Blame the U.S. How the hell is the U.S. to blame for a natural disaster elsewhere in the world? But there they were, thinking that the U.S. is so technologically advanced they should have headed some kind of warning.

About ISreal and Palestine I don't want to give a comment because I didn't the studied
the subject for 100%

Why people would blame USA for natural disasters: Because USA doesn't wanted to
sign the Kyoto contract.

The contract in fact says that all countries are going to do their best to be more
environement friendly like Cars who run on Electricity. We really need to do something
before disasters will happen like New Orleans.

Of course it is stupid to blame USA for it now but USA, EU are big reasons of the
pollution in the world and while EU is trying to pollute less, USA says we don't care.  I am sure if USA signed it and wanted to do something for the
 environement people 
would not blame USA.

These are just two examples out of the many were it gives people a chance to bombared the U.S. without some rational thinking.

No, the U.S. is to blame for a few things, but to come in to make a thread with this "holier than thou" statement, well, make sure you can back it up.

The U.S.A. did not get involved in world politics as much during pre-WWI, and to some degree before WWII, and we turned out just fine.

That was when we didn't needed other countries...but we found out that foreign countries can help to make live better for the people in their country..

konnichiwa said:
Famine said:

Ofcourse the rest of the world too but with isolated you mean like:  Don't get oil from other countries,
 Produce everything in the USA CARS, TV's, CLOTHES... right?

I don't have to tell you a lot of products would be a hell more expensive right? And without oil you will have 
problems..

About ISreal and Palestine I don't want to give a comment because I didn't the studied
the subject for 100%

Why people would blame USA for natural disasters: Because USA doesn't wanted to
sign the Kyoto contract.

The contract in fact says that all countries are going to do their best to be more
environement friendly like Cars who run on Electricity. We really need to do something
before disasters will happen like New Orleans.

Of course it is stupid to blame USA for it now but USA, EU are big reasons of the
pollution in the world and while EU is trying to pollute less, USA says we don't care.  I am sure if USA signed it and wanted to do something for the
 environement people 
would not blame USA.

That was when we didn't needed other countries...but we found out that foreign countries can help to make live better for the people in their country..

The U.S. was never an islotionist country where not only avoiding foreign politics, but also preventing trade with other countries as well. If that were the case than tobacco and cotton would have become irrelevant a long time ago, and if the U.S. were strict with imports, than no one would have traded with the U.S., now would they?

With all due respect, to say that the U.S. failing to sign the Kyoto Protocol is the result of the tsunamis is by far the most asinine thing I have ever heard. Please tell me you are aware that the Tsunamis were caused by underwater earthquakes in the Indian Ocean?

Also, the U.S. did sign the Kyoto Protocol, we just didn't ratify it. Now, had the U.S. also ratified it, it's not something that will have an effect over-night, wouldn't you say? This is something that takes years, and while the U.S. government as a whole has failed to do anything about it, that doesn't mean states haven't taken proper steps:

"As of January 18, 2007, eight Northeastern US states are involved in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), which is a state level emissions capping and trading program. It is believed that the state-level program will indirectly apply pressure on the federal government by demonstrating that reductions can be achieved without being a signatory of the Kyoto Protocol.

• Participating states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, and Maryland (these states represent over 46 million people).
  • Observer states and regions: Pennsylvania, District of Columbia, Rhode Island.

On August 31, 2006, the California Legislature (representing over 33 million Californians) reached an agreement with Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to reduce the state's greenhouse-gas emissions, which rank at 12th-largest in the world, by 25% by the year 2020. This resulted in the Global Warming Solutions Act which effectively puts California in line with the Kyoto limitations, but at a date later than the 2008-2012 Kyoto commitment period.

As of December 4, 2007, 740 US cities in 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, representing over 76 million Americans support Kyoto after Mayor Greg Nickels of Seattle started a nationwide effort to get cities to agree to the protocol. On October 29, 2007, it was reported that Seattle met their target reduction in 2005, reducing their greenhouse gas emissions by 8 percent since 1990."

This is just one of many licenses for others to run their mouth on the U.S.

Again, I think you believe the U.S. never traded with other countries.