By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii u completely in stock at gamestop

d21lewis said:
leo-j said:
osed125 said:
leo-j said:
Soundwave said:
The gamepad is a neat addition, but I don't think it's a game changer the way the Wiimote was.

This is kinda like Sony trying to woo Wii owners with Playstation Move ... hey it's more accurate than the Wiimote! Yeah, that's true ... who really cares.

The biggest thing the gamepad brings to me really is the web browsing/Youtube/remote control stuff, to me that stuff does stand out from any console out there, because I don't use my 360 pad to turn on my TV, that's for sure.

I'm sure nexgen will allow advanced multi tasking which would allow you to pull up a youtube video while playing a game..

You can do that with the Wii U.

do you have to pause the game to do that?

And that's why I said nexgen,  because the vita can do that too

Do you even have a Vita?  I ask this because I have a Vita and, at least with my Vita, I'm forced to close a game to open up the youtube app.  The Vita web browser doesn't support youtube.

Currently, to watch youtube on a Vita, you have to close the game that you are playing.

check my psn id.. if you can find out what it is hun

mM
Around the Network

yup i was really surprised my friend got one by going into the store like 3 days after release i was like wtf

osed125 said:

Would you like to bet that in a max of 2 days this will be out of stock? 

Looks like you were pretty much on the money regarding the deluxe model at least.  Gamestop still has the deluxe bundle listed but it can't be added to your cart.  In fact, it's no longer available online anywhere here in the US, for the moment anyway - even in bundles.  Online stock will be replenished again soon, but it doesn't seem to be lasting long.

Basic SKUs are available online almost everywhere, however (except Best Buy and Newegg).

pokoko said:
Here is a question for those with a Wii U: is Nintendo Land going to blow up big? Wii Sports pretty much made the Wii when it went viral with the casual crowd. Seriously, I can't tell you how many non-gaming adults I had come into work and tell me about this crazy new game that told you if you were over-weight and it let you play tennis and how they went out and bought one the next day. Does anything with the Wii U have that kind of potential?

I hear Nintendo Land is a lot of fun but fun doesn't always translate to casual interest.

Having had this for more than a week, I don't know...

One friend played for like 15 minutes, and then went on a Wii U hunt.  A few others are super excited about the possibilities, but want a Zelda and Metroid to be announced before they make the purchase.  One of my friends thought it was fun but wasn't interested until Smash Bros U is officially unveiled.  The funny thing was the people most excited were generally Xbox/PS3 people.  The real problem has been a lack of time, we were cramming in play sessions before bar trips, or parties, or other events.  However, it hasn't (except for my buddy Joe who is still looking for that Wii U) been the one turn and "O MY GODZZZZZZ I NEED A WII!!!!!!!!!" reaction.  In my area (Delaware, worst state ever) Wii U Blacks are all sold out.  Our Gamestop said they had 3 the other day but they disappeared in an hour of opening.   I don't think you'll ever see a reaction like there was to the Wii ever again.  No other game system is going to be such a shock to the casual market, and it's not even clear if the casuals will ever buy a dedicated game system any more with all the iphones and ipads.  

Nintendo Land is a blast though, more fun in groups, and not enough can be said about Mario Chase.   The thrill of seeing the last few seconds tick away while you have a Toad hot on your heels is almost as exhilerating as that first Ace that you ever got in Wii Tennis. 

Nintendo Land is a fun game, but it's nowhere close to Wii Sports in terms of broad appeal.

It's more Wii Play or even Mario Party.

A big part of Wii Sports' appeal is that everyone sort of naturally understands sports like tennis, boxing, bowling, etc. and you didn't need to be a Nintendo fan to really "get" it. 

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Been reading a lot of people who bought multiples to resell in ebay etc not being successful. Some users actually sold their units at a loss (small loss mind you..like $3 bucks iirc)

This could be either lack of demand or ninty doing a much better job from the supply side of things than with Wii. Or could be a mix of both as I have heard some areas being sold out while others aren't. Too early to call it either way

ps: I saw this pic earlier today of a lady with around 6-8 wiiu units in the back of her van...which she bought to resell....she is gonna have some trouble

I just returned mine to the store today because I got no replies whatso ever to my post and on top of that my store is stocked so anyone who wants one can just go get one at the store.

After I saw 4 in stock yesterday at my Walmart I thought I got lucky and debated buying 1 or 2 to hoarde and re-sell in a week or two. However, after looking on eBay, Amazon, etc with my phone I found the markup to be non-existant and that most places had them in stock.

This seems bad for Nintendo if they can't keep demand up for their new product, especially in a holiday period! I think they are having major issues convincing the casual crowd that there is much of a difference between Wii and Wii U or that there is even a need to upgrade. It offers HD, and just 1 new controller while most of the rest of the stuff can be done already on Wii.

Basically I decided not to risk the investment even though I could still return the stuff if I didn't sell it. Not worth my hassle.

archbrix said:
osed125 said:

Looks like you were pretty much on the money regarding the deluxe model at least.  Gamestop still has the deluxe bundle listed but it can't be added to your cart.  In fact, it's no longer available online anywhere here in the US, for the moment anyway - even in bundles.  Online stock will be replenished again soon, but it doesn't seem to be lasting long.

Basic SKUs are available online almost everywhere, however (except Best Buy and Newegg).

Too bad he didn't took the bet, I would have won xD

Nintendo and PC gamer

d21lewis said:
Only two times in history have I not been able to go into a store and pick up a new console near launch: The PS2 and the Wii. That's it.

Aside from those two examples, stock has always been readily available. Looking at this thread, one would think that, unless you match the success of the two best selling home consoles of all time, your device is a failure.

Not sure why I didn't see this til now but it's so true, it's all or nothing on the internet, either it matches the greatest thing ever or it's irrelevent.

Right now the only Wii U available on Gamestop.com is the ripoff bundle.

osed125 said:
archbrix said:
osed125 said:

Too bad he didn't took the bet, I would have won xD

you would have lost...

Riverworks Commons3907 N Richards StMilwaukee, WI53212(414) 967-1038 Open
Mon-Thu 10am-7pm
Fri-Sat 10am-9pm
Sun 11am-7pm

What is this?

No longer available online - only store pick-up.

What to do? Nintendo is.... doomed....