By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii u completely in stock at gamestop

Max King of the Wild said:
archbrix said:
archbrix said:

How did I change my statement?  I firmly believe the OP was referring to online.  That hasn't changed.  And if I thought that, then there's a good chance that osed thought that as well when he made his post.  Really, it's not hard to understand.  In my experience, anyone who would contest something so painfully obvious is someone who believes he is infallible.  So by all means, carry on...

I was talking about osed changing the statement. And the only one who can clarify what the OP meant is leo-j. So basically this comes down to comprehension of the OP. This means that whoever would have won would have been the one who understood the OP better.

So let leo-j decide this for us. If he meant both online and retail then I would have won. If he meant online only then osed would have won. I don't see how "completely in stock" could possibly just meant online only because then you are isolating an entire other section of the business. And I also don't know why leo-j would reference Wii stock at retailers if he was just talking online either.

So the would have been winner of this bet is the person with better comprehension of the OP.

@bold That pretty much confirms I lost...

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Does leo-j not like you or something?

Does leo-j not like you or something?

No, but based on his comments he's not very fond of Nintendo. And as you can see I'm a Nintendo fan so I that pretty much means I lost.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Stopped by several stores yesterday in search of a cheap copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited, no luck, all gone. Walmart had one White Wii U left, but everything else was gone at the stores. I am assuming there is regional difference to availability but in Northern Delaware, Wii U is scarce.

future shop and best buy have plenty in stock

Around the Network

How many PS4s and next Xboxs are in stock? 0

WiiU can sell 1 console every day and thats still more then what PS4 and Xbox are bringing in.

Head start = do whatever and sell whatever you want. Its a free pass when your alone.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

greenmedic88 said:
GameStop still has them listed as in stock.

There were a couple on shelves (Deluxe SKU) the week of launch at the Target City in SF. Yesterday there was a Basic SKU in the floor stock cabinet (that holds about 4 console boxes).

At any rate, I resisted the impulse buy back during Black Friday weekend the first time I saw them in stock (I bought the first Wii I found on shelves a good six months after the debut in mid 2007) and after seeing another one on a Monday, I don't feel any compulsion to buy one now so that I don't have to wait to buy one later once the platform has any games I would buy for it. There is no mad rush for new stock and no camping for the stock truck to come in.

I don't think there are going to be any stort stock issues as was the case with the Wii although individual resellers/flippers are trying to and presumably succeeding at selling each of the SKUs at about $50 over retail on average.

I checked on it a day or two ago and they were sold out online, so it looks like they got another shipment. I'm guessing they're getting big shipments in on a regular basis now, which is why it's going in stock for a while, then out of stock. The Premium SKU was the one that went out of stock first (this seems to be the case across the board). I think the only reason people are even buying the Basic model is that the Premium is out of stock at most stores. I've been out doing a bit of Christmas shopping over the last week, and it's pretty much been sold out at every store I've been in aside from maybe 1 or 2 basic models on a rare occasion (saw 1 basic model in WalMart the other day, nothing in Target, BestBuy, or Gamestop when I was out yesterday and the day before).