By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 20 Games Purchased On Wii U eShop

Sorry if posted already.

Nintendo of America has revealed precisely which games players are purchasing on the North American Wii U eShop. Unsurprisingly New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU are the two best-sellers, despite costing more to purchase digitally than at retail. Without further ado, here’s the top twenty games on the Wii U eShop.

1) New Super Mario Bros U
2) ZombiU
3) Trine 2: Director’s Cut
4) Nano Assault Neo
5) Sonic & All-Sars Racing Transformed
6) Scribblenauts Unlimited
7) Assassin’s Creed III
8) Little Inferno
9) Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
10) Nintendo Land
11) Darksiders II
12) Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
13) Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
14) Madden NFL 13
15) Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
16) Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
17) Chasing Aurora
18) Just Dance 4
19) Rabbids Land
20) EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Hope the keep publishing these figures!! Would also be sweet to see the sale numbers as well ^^

Great job posting this!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

"despite costing more to purchase digitally than at retail."

What? *Researches this*

EDIT: New Super Mario Bros U

Retail: $59.99

Digital $59.99 (minus 10% off if you're a premium member)

I don't see how that can be more expensive in any scenario.

wfz said:

"despite costing more to purchase digitally than at retail."

What? *Researches this*

EDIT: New Super Mario Bros U

Retail: $59.99

Digital $59.99 (minus 10% off if you're a premium member)

I don't see how that can be more expensive in any scenario.

Yeah, that line threw me off, too. Games are definitely not more expensive digitally by any means.

Glad to see that the eShop games are doing well.

Around the Network

NintendoLand is surprisingly low on the list. Is that because it's already bundled with the deluxe systems?

Great to see the indie developers doing well. Hopefully they can set a precedent for great indie games to come to Wii U. (I almost wish I had a PS3 just to play Journey, sigh.)

I got Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo off the eShop so far.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I've heard the Trine 2 developer is very happy!

We are happy to see Trine 2: Director's Cut up there. :) The sales have been good and we're loving the user comments. :)
---
I agree. We originally wanted to do a -20% discount in North America too - just like we are doing in Europe right now - but it wasn't possible just yet.

We're thinking of doing the -20% for the Holidays though... nothing certain yet but we think it makes sense, although I'm not sure if there's enough time since the launch to not anger anybody... Maybe we'll time it with the update that we plan to bring in mid-to-late December (featuring Voice Chat, Wii U Pro Controller support, minor fixes, new languages like BR-PT, and additional vividness to the graphics so it will look even more awesome). We also plan to bring the demo in December.

Let's see how it goes... Looks like everybody's happy with the game so we have good reason to be too. :)

- Joel, Frozenbyte team

Look at all those smiley faces :)

Source

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Thanks for posting, osed.

@TomaTito: Yeah, nice to see :)

zombieU and nano assault near the top. rabbids and just dance near the bottom. unsurprisingly (to me) it looks like mostly core gamers are using the downloads.