By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - UN Upgrades Palestine to Non-Member Observer State

Tagged games:

Do you support this move by the UN?

Yes 71 74.74%

No 20 21.05%

Don't Know / See Results 3 3.16%

Total:94

I am just glad my country voted yes for Palestine!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Good. It's a must for peace.

killerzX said:
RoryGamesFree said:
good, hopefully they can go to the ICC and make Israel's war criminals pay at last.

lol. you cant be serious.

the only nation in that region that actually gives a damn about human rights.

Thats laughable

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I just met a patient (I'm a doctor) last week who is a Palestinian refugee, a 26 year old guy. He's been in Sweden for 7 years but so far hasn't got a permanent visa here because Swedish immigration authorities think it's safe for him to go back, but he's obstructed to be sent back by appealing to the upper court over and over again and his case is still not settled.

Now what's interesting is that the guy says he can't go back to Palestine because he fears the Palestinian nationalist and religious fanatics (his words). The background is that his father back in 1994 sold Palestinian land to Israel when the Israelis decided to build the West Bank Barrier, and in revenge the fanatics murdered his mother and brother in front of his eyes as a 8 year old boy.

He sat there and cried in front of me because he constantly has these nightmares about a pool of blood growing increasingly bigger around his mother and brother lying on the floor. His father is still hiding in a small village between the border of Turkey and Syria, too afraid to move back to Palestine.

Now, if this young man had a death threat coming against him from the Israelis, he'd be granted a permanent visa in Sweden in a second. But as a very pro-Palestinian country, Sweden seems unable to recognize palestinian persecution towards other palestinians.

(he also told me he had been beaten up by Israeli soldiers once, if you want to hear the complete story about offenses from both sides against him).

Player1x3 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Kasz216 said:
C)  It's not a state.  Everyone agrees it should be a state... at the same time... it's not.  I mean hell.  There are states that currently exist that don't have UN observer status yet are far more deserving.

Like say Taiwan.  

Or Tibet maybe

No. Just no

Why not? They are there own people too

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Griffin said:
the2real4mafol said:
This is brilliant news, the sooner Palestine (at it's current borders) become a country, the sooner we should have peace there hopefully. The conflict there just has to stop, it has gone on for too long

The problem is there are no borders.  The UN agreed that Israel has a right to defense and to protect itself from foreign invasion, by doing so gave them the right to adjust the borders to guarantee its survival.  This allows Israel to control any borders that would harm them.

If there was to ever be a Palestine state then they must give up their military power and allow Israel to control all borders, Land, sea and air space for the state.  In accordance with this, Israel would allow land swaps and negotiation of borders.  Jerusalem must also remain in israel control, but allow palestinan police to help control the borders with the palestinian State and to secure Israel from any threats of Sucide bombings or militant activity.

What about the current territories of gaza and west bank, aren't they like borders?

But i can understand your point, this situation was never an easy one to solve. We need to please both the jews and arabs, in whatever solution there is to the conflict. But personally i support a two state solution, i don't see any other way 

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

the2real4mafol said:
Griffin said:
the2real4mafol said:
This is brilliant news, the sooner Palestine (at it's current borders) become a country, the sooner we should have peace there hopefully. The conflict there just has to stop, it has gone on for too long

The problem is there are no borders.  The UN agreed that Israel has a right to defense and to protect itself from foreign invasion, by doing so gave them the right to adjust the borders to guarantee its survival.  This allows Israel to control any borders that would harm them.

If there was to ever be a Palestine state then they must give up their military power and allow Israel to control all borders, Land, sea and air space for the state.  In accordance with this, Israel would allow land swaps and negotiation of borders.  Jerusalem must also remain in israel control, but allow palestinan police to help control the borders with the palestinian State and to secure Israel from any threats of Sucide bombings or militant activity.

What about the current territories of gaza and west bank, aren't they like borders?

But i can understand your point, this situation was never an easy one to solve. We need to please both the jews and arabs, in whatever solution there is to the conflict. But personally i support a two state solution, i don't see any other way 

No.  They aren't borders.  At least not permanent ones.  Gaza and the West Bank are formed from Ceasefire lines... which essentially means nobody agrees where the actual border lies.  

All those "borders" mean is that's where things are supposed to stay until war is redeclared or they work out official borders.

So really, that's the only real crime of the settlments.  Israel is breaking the ceasefire, though then again so is Hamas... which is why the west desperatly robs hamas of it's official status it should hold as head of the Palestine Government.

That people pick sides between two countries that are mostly full of self destructive assholes is really kind of sad.

Real change won't happen until the Palestinian's democratic wishes are respected.  A good example I think is Hezzbollah.  If you'll note, during the recent skirmish.  They didn't do anything.   Why?  They're essentially the leaders of Lebannon right now.

the2real4mafol said:
Player1x3 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Kasz216 said:
C)  It's not a state.  Everyone agrees it should be a state... at the same time... it's not.  I mean hell.  There are states that currently exist that don't have UN observer status yet are far more deserving.

Like say Taiwan.  

Or Tibet maybe

No. Just no

There are 52 different people in China. Should we split the country in 52 pieces to satisfy some separatist minorities ?

Kasz216 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Griffin said:
the2real4mafol said:

No.  They aren't borders.  At least not permanent ones.  Gaza and the West Bank are formed from Ceasefire lines... which essentially means nobody agrees where the actual border lies.  

All those "borders" mean is that's where things are supposed to stay until war is redeclared or they work out official borders.

So really, that's the only real crime of the settlments.  Israel is breaking the ceasefire, though then again so is Hamas... which is why the west desperatly robs hamas of it's official status it should hold as head of the Palestine Government.

That people pick sides between two countries that are mostly full of self destructive assholes is really kind of sad.

Real change won't happen until the Palestinian's democratic wishes are respected.  A good example I think is Hezzbollah.  If you'll note, during the recent skirmish.  They didn't do anything.   Why?  They're essentially the leaders of Lebannon right now.

What about Korea then? the "borders" have been as they are along the DMZ for nearly 60 years and yet both countries treat there "borders" as actual borders now.

But, back onto Israel and Palestine, hopefully the recent events will lead to an actual solution, thats been going on for too long as well. 

As for picking sides, tell that to the governments who fully back either state regardless of what goes on.

Player1x3 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Player1x3 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Kasz216 said:

Like say Taiwan.  

Or Tibet maybe

No. Just no

There are 52 different people in China. Should we split the country in 52 pieces to satisfy some separatist minorities ?

I see what you mean, but wasn't Tibet a separate country before the revolution of 1949?