By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 UP YOY in USA with NO big exclusives. What gives?

Why was the PS3 up YOY in USA during BF week?

Great bundle deals and discounts 198 45.41%

New exclusive games (All ... 21 4.82%

More PS3 advertising 15 3.44%

A combination of multiple factors 136 31.19%

Other 16 3.67%

See results 48 11.01%

Total:434
kowenicki said:
slowmo said:
thismeintiel said:
slowmo said:
thismeintiel said:

And your posts have nothing to do with the PS3 being the only console up YOY on Black Friday week, so what's your point?

My posts did have, but it's clear to see your a little upset with me for pointing out the obvious...

Obviously, you're the only one who's upset here. You've been in here threatening people with reporting them for simply offering a counterpoint to your position. You should really try just congratulating Sony for this achievement and move on.  It's quite therapeutic, actually. This will be my last response on the subject, as it has gone on long enough.

And just to leave an on topic response, I can't wait to see numbers next year when there will be a $149 Black Friday bundle.

I didn't threaten, I did report those posts, it's only a threat if you don't act upon it.  There's quite a difference between stating a intent and stating a course of action, of course apologies if English isn't your first language.  The reason the definition is important is that to threaten a user is actually against forum rules.

As for next years figures they will indeed be interesting and certainly down yoy.

Massively. 

Some Sony fans actually believe numbers can rise forever.  Its laughable and quite tragic.  I've got ethomaz in another thread stating the PS3 will sell more in Europe in the next 4 years than it has in the previous 4 years to now!?!? I mean.... WTF!?

Fanboys are irrational. Sometimes I`m really surprise how silly some users are (the word is other, but I don`t want to offend anyone). 

I hope that they are only children.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

Massively. 

Some Sony fans actually believe numbers can rise forever.  Its laughable and quite tragic.  I've got ethomaz in another thread stating the PS3 will sell more in Europe in the next 4 years than it has in the previous 4 years to now!?!? I mean.... WTF!?

What would you consider "massive."  I predict its going to be ~10% down next year, maybe even flat during Black Friday week.  Reasons being a full year of Super Slim effect, a cut to $199 (probably mid-year), a lot more AAA exclusives compared to this year, and a $150 Black Friday bundle.

PS3 sales rising YOY next year is not out of the question, but highly unlikely, to me. I can totally see the PS3 matching the amount of sales this year in 2013. If FF Versus XIII and The Last Guardian are actually released in Q4 2013, the 2013 PS3 sales may exceed sales of this year. However, that's a huge if.

Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

Massively. 

What would you consider "massive."  I predict its going to be ~10% down next year, maybe even flat during Black Friday week.  Reasons being a full year of Super Slim effect, a cut to $199 (probably mid-year), a lot more AAA exclusives compared to this year, and a $150 Black Friday bundle.

PS3 sales rising YOY next year is not out of the question, but highly unlikely, to me. I can totally see the PS3 matching the amount of sales this year in 2013. If FF Versus XIII and The Last Guardian are actually released in Q4 2013, the 2013 PS3 sales may exceed sales of this year. However, that's a huge if.

it's definitely not impossible when you consider they had no exclusive hits this year and have 2 surefire ones next year (God of War and Last of Us) and a couple potential multimillion sellers (Sly and Beyond) along with Puppeteer which could get big through word of mouth like Journey.

Also factor in that they stayed at $250 this whole year, but when the new slim came out they put games in with it so once they start selling the system by itself it'll be cheaper ($199 most likely) and reach a mass market price.  It seems like going under each hundred ($399, $299, $199) is more significant than the in between price cuts for a lot of consumers so that should give it quite the boost.  I think they should announce that, along with PS4 details at E3 and maybe reveal a big holiday title to keep PS3 up during the end of the year with its price cut once that early in the year software is out.

Overall I say PS3 stays flat in 2013, if not increase a little.  I like to think of myself as a rational fanboy.  While I always have bought Sony systems first, its because they have all my favorite franchises and studios on their side.  Also I'm not a blind follower as I didn't fall the Vita trap and only subscibed to PS+ once they got serious with those E3 reveals.  They treat me well and I stay loyal.  Also I have a Wii and have enjoyed a great deal of games on there and have nothing but respect for what Nintendo has brought to gaming (platformers are my favorite genre so I'll always end up buying their systems eventually).  Xbox on the other hand can burn in hell and give SEGA the money to launch another console please.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

Massively. 

it's definitely not impossible when you consider they had no exclusive hits this year and have 2 surefire ones next year (God of War and Last of Us) and a couple potential multimillion sellers (Sly and Beyond) along with Puppeteer which could get big through word of mouth like Journey.

Also factor in that they stayed at $250 this whole year, but when the new slim came out they put games in with it so once they start selling the system by itself it'll be cheaper ($199 most likely) and reach a mass market price.  It seems like going under each hundred ($399, $299, $199) is more significant than the in between price cuts for a lot of consumers so that should give it quite the boost.  I think they should announce that, along with PS4 details at E3 and maybe reveal a big holiday title to keep PS3 up during the end of the year with its price cut once that early in the year software is out.

Overall I say PS3 stays flat in 2013, if not increase a little.  I like to think of myself as a rational fanboy.  While I always have bought Sony systems first, its because they have all my favorite franchises and studios on their side.  Also I'm not a blind follower as I didn't fall the Vita trap and only subscibed to PS+ once they got serious with those E3 reveals.  They treat me well and I stay loyal.  Also I have a Wii and have enjoyed a great deal of games on there and have nothing but respect for what Nintendo has brought to gaming (platformers are my favorite genre so I'll always end up buying their systems eventually).  Xbox on the other hand can burn in hell and give SEGA the money to launch another console please.

Thank you, platformmaster918, for actually giving your input and explaining your stance, unlike a certain someone who just straight out said "not a chance" and walked away without giving any explanation.

I kinda forgot the fact that Sony has yet to release a $199 PS3. Thanks for pointing that out. Now I believe that PS3 sales next year have a decent chance at matching this year's sales. Also, the one thing the PS3 will have next year are JRPGs, something in which it has lacked in comparison to the PS1 and PS2. Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia have gotten amazing reception in Japan. Tales of Xillia 2 may be released in 2013 if Xillia 1 sells well enough, which is most likely going to happen. And, of course, Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Whether it comes out in 2013, I have no idea, but I hope it comes out in the fall.

pezus said:
BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
did they make a bundle that costed 199$ last year?

Yes

It was the 160gb one with LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One for $199.99

It was the bundle I bought *__*

I suppose it could be because of a more appealing bundle this time around and the super slim.

This years Black Friday bundle was miles better a 250GB superslim Uncharted 1 and 2 and all the Infamous games for the same price.

Around the Network

It only does comebacks.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Oh ya....the 20 gig PS3 in Europe for a super cheap price.

Its been established that PS3 exclusives arent system sellers unless its GT. Hardware and price determines PS3 YOY growth

What does Europe have to do with BF sales?

And no, that has not been established.

Oh my bad. But the second line can be explained via the Halo 4 outselling all PS3 exclusives thread.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Its been established that PS3 exclusives arent system sellers unless its GT. Hardware and price determines PS3 YOY growth

Oh my bad. But the second line can be explained via the Halo 4 outselling all PS3 exclusives thread.

Who the fuck am I talking to? Hardly recognized you with that avatar

Edit: And now you changed again!

You want my actual picture or this Halo one?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Who the fuck am I talking to? Hardly recognized you with that avatar

Edit: And now you changed again!

For a moment I thought it was yo_john117.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I think it's just a the sum of smaller selling factors making a noticeable combined affect. Good first and third party, free online, insane value with ps+, tons of features, upcoming titles, etc.

4 ≈ One