By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a MAJOR flop - we need to talk about it

RolStoppable said:
KungKras said:
I still don't get how you remember the source material thread after all this time.
Does it even exist anymore?
Is there a way to access the japan is games thread?

Some threads are much bigger deals than your average VGC thread, so it's not that hard to remember them. If you google "gamrconnect + keywords", you'll usually get a good result, provided the keywords aren't exclusively commonly used words in thread titles.

"Japan is games" alone doesn't do the trick, but adding "carmine" to the mix brings up the desired result.

All I had to do was google "dead space extraction is a major flop" and boom. There it was.

Anywho, I'm always impressed that time after time, so many users are still not acclimated with this VGChartz tradition of ours. *shrugs*

And despite the tongue-in-cheek topic, I was definitely expecting better sales for this game. A celebration-of-PlayStation style brawler, releasing on one of the biggest weeks for sales of the year? I was certainly expecting more (and that's not even taking into account the less than impressive showing in the EU). Still, I don't doubt that it'll hit a million units sold. We'll see where it'll go from there.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:

It is really always the same shit..

Sony fanboy make crazy prediction thread..get backed up by some...then some not so sony fanboys members come in to say that the prediction is not going to happen...They get nailed down by the Sony fanboys... Months later the prediction did not come true so not so sony fanboys members make thread(s) about it and Sony fanboys are getting angry and desperate again..

Summary = Sony fanboys are the ones making Sony and his fans look like fools but that is something they don't want to comprehend.

Don't like it then just report Gilgamesh for trolling..

>User was BANNED for this post [RH]

I know you can't read this, but maybe you can when you get back.

These SONY fanboys you speak of make crazy predictions. You on the other hand throw around insults because they make predictions...

Guess who looks worse?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:
@Jaywood

Like I said, new IPs tend to have stronger relative legs than Established IPs. So the fact that I listed established IPs is an advantage for PABR. Of you have counter-examples, then list them.

Off of the top of my head.

Alice: Madness Returns
Nier
Catherine (Which I believe was actually reviewed well) 
Vanquish (Another game reviewed well)
Brink

Them are the only New Ip's off the top of my head but if I went and looked at the list Im sure that would increase majorly.  If we include exclusives then it will increase even more.

All of those games were either obscure, niche, or Japanese oriented, aside from Brink, which many considered just another average game in a crowded genre.

Yeah, similar to all stars, average games, although I did throw in two well recieved games.

PABR is not obscure, niche, or Japanese oriented since its basically a rip off of Smash Bros which saw success all around the world. It's also not an average game in an crowded genre.

No but is just an average game.  Seriously look at every game under 1 million.  Every game that is in between 70-80, count them and see how many you get.  Now look at all the games above 1 million.  I bet those games you will find a lot more games in the area of a 80-100 metacritic.  (Not all the time, but this is the case a lot of the time)

Games that are recieved well do tend to sell more which is what Ive been stating since the beginning.  You think this game will have legs and push 1m.  yes that is plausible if that is what you want to hear?  But i find it more plausible that it will do 700k-900k if it doesn't get bundled.  If it gets bundled then it will for sure reach 1m.  The only part you seem to disagree with is the 700k-900k part and since then you have been stating that Im wrong, so we will see.  if Im wrong then i will be more than happy to admit it but you cant prove anything until that point and neither can I.  But using a few games that sold over 1m when there is 100's that hasnt is not a good argument.

This game has 3 things goind for it.

1.  It has recognizable characters

2.  It's an exclusive.  Exclusives tend to be talked about on forums more.

3. It's a game that fans have been asking for for about a decade.

chapset said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
i don't think its a major flop. with no advertising and call of duty came out plus it came out on black friday week plus halo 4 to overshadow it, it did fair for its first week. i say its a minor flop. Uncharted 1 first week sales were weak but look at it now. First week sales for Uncharted 1 was 0.10, didn't make it close to a million sales but now Uncharted 1 sold 5+ million units sold. PS3 games tend to slowly rise in sales because they don't advertise nothing. i say wait till november 2013 and if it sold less than 1 million units than yes it is a major flop but don't base it as a major flop in one week in sales. wait till it has been on the market for a year and than decide if its a major flop or not

bullshit, it's one of the most advertise Sony game I have seen in a long time, on tv anyway

i never seen one tv ad but who knows. it may have advertisements(wherever they were) but not a whole lot of them

Kenology said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Sony fanboy make crazy prediction thread..get backed up by some...then some not so sony fanboys members come in to say that the prediction is not going to happen...They get nailed down by the Sony fanboys... Months later the prediction did not come true so not so sony fanboys members make thread(s) about it and Sony fanboys are getting angry and desperate again..

Summary = Sony fanboys are the ones making Sony and his fans look like fools but that is something they don't want to comprehend.

He got banned for this but he is accurate in his description of how this cycle continues to work.

He is throwing around insults because fans hype games.

Nintendo fans hype games. Microsoft fans hype games. Do they get insulted in the same manner, let alone get lumped together as if all of them do these same things? Why does it make them desperate, foolish and unable to comprehend?

Take a step back and realize it isn't that big a deal.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

The game was set to do massive numbers but then they announced Sweet Tooth as a character. Sweet Tooth is video game sales kryptonite, this gen.

naruball said:
Barozi said:

And there is an equal amount that started low (some even higher than PSALBR) and couldn't make to a million.

Starhawk, Twisted Metal, SOCOM 4, Haze, White Knight Chronicles, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, MLB The Show to name a few.

Considering the gen (for Sony) is almost over at this point I think that sales under 1m is certainly possible. Obviously it will be clearer after Christmas.

You mean sequels (apart from WKC) with an established fanbase? Of course they would do decent to well in their first week.

Pretty irrelevant since every PS fan should know at least half of the characters and an equal amount should know what Smash Bros. plays like. On top of that there is no real story and there was an open beta.

Besides I've also listed a reboot and spiritual successor.

Release it on the 360 and I'll buy it. Sony is dumb.

Honestly I have no clue why Rol doesn't get banned for trolling on this site with posts like these. 

But anyway, I think All stars got some decent sales. It's not the next Smash bros, Halo, or COD sales wise. Hopefully the legs will carry it into a success so we can see a sequel.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Euphoria14 said:
Kenology said:
Lostplanet22 said:

He got banned for this but he is accurate in his description of how this cycle continues to work.

He is throwing around insults because fans hype games.

Nintendo fans hype games. Microsoft fans hype games. Do they get insulted in the same manner, let alone get lumped together as if all of them do these same things? Why does it make them desperate, foolish and unable to comprehend?

Take a step back and realize it isn't that big a deal.

It wouldn't let me access his profile?  How long of a ban is it?

And yes every fan hypes up titles.  But I also haven't seen as wild as predictions in a long time as I have for this game.