By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a MAJOR flop - we need to talk about it

It is really always the same shit..

Sony fanboy make crazy prediction thread..get backed up by some...then some not so sony fanboys members come in to say that the prediction is not going to happen...They get nailed down by the Sony fanboys... Months later the prediction did not come true so not so sony fanboys members make thread(s) about it and Sony fanboys are getting angry and desperate again..

Summary = Sony fanboys are the ones making Sony and his fans look like fools but that is something they don't want to comprehend.

Don't like it then just report Gilgamesh for trolling..

>User was BANNED for this post [RH]

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Jay520 said:
Barozi said:

And there is an equal amount that started low (some even higher than PSALBR) and couldn't make to a million.

Starhawk, Twisted Metal, SOCOM 4, Haze, White Knight Chronicles, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, MLB The Show to name a few.

Considering the gen (for Sony) is almost over at this point I think that sales under 1m is certainly possible. Obviously it will be clearer after Christmas.

I already mentioned the problem with Twisted Metal.

Socom 4's USA launch compares with PABR. In USA, it went on to sell 500-600k, about what we expect with PABR. In Europe, Socom 4 sold under 20k FW, so it doesn't really isn't comparable with PABR since it's likely to be much lower than PABR.

Haze was considered one of the worst games ever by reviewers and fans (yet stil sold nearly 1m). PABR isn't nearly as poorly reviewed.

WKC is a Japanese-centric game with very little worldwide appeal.

NGS2's USA launch is much lower than PABR, yet it went on to sell nearly 500k there, about what we expect for PABR. It only sold 20k in Europe, so it doesn't really compare PABR since it's likely to be much lower than PABR.

MLB: The Show only released in North America. It opens to about 150k in NA and goes on to sell 600-800k, which would actually be pretty good for PABR.

The only point you really have is Starhawk, even though that opened to nearly one-third of PABR's numbers in USA.

What launch numbers do you expect in Europe ? After UK I expect 25k MAX. Which means I suddenly have much more valid points than just Starhawk.
They're likely going to be so low that the US will be the only place that matters. So MLB US numbers plus 100k Europe could very well be PSASBR.

Look at Smash Bros. sales in Europe. They are far far lower than in the US. So much worse launch numbers in Europe for PSASBR would actually be expected.

For Brawl, Europe sales were about half of the US. Then Japan was about equal to Europe. And the rest of the world had a good chunk of sales as well. With that said, I think a 50-25-15-10 split in America-Europe-Japan--RoW is definitely plausible. With that being said, it would have to about 500k in America to reach 1m WW, which it looks like it will do.

lets wait until it's been out for at least a year before calling it a flop now shall we?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

@Jaywood

Like I said, new IPs tend to have stronger relative legs than Established IPs. So the fact that I listed established IPs is an advantage for PABR. Of you have counter-examples, then list them.

maybe Sony should make it as PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Shooters and might sell much more...?? xD

Around the Network

People unfairly compared it with Smash Bros, thus these sales.

Jay520 said:
@Jaywood

Like I said, new IPs tend to have stronger relative legs than Established IPs. So the fact that I listed established IPs is an advantage for PABR. Of you have counter-examples, then list them.

Off of the top of my head.

Alice: Madness Returns
Nier
Catherine (Which I believe was actually reviewed well) 
Vanquish (Another game reviewed well)
Brink

Them are the only New Ip's off the top of my head but if I went and looked at the list Im sure that would increase majorly.  If we include exclusives then it will increase even more.

Barozi said:
pezus said:
Barozi said:
pezus said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/13108/infamous/USA/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12390/littlebigplanet/USA/

There is just so much wrong with that comparison and you know it.

Not exactly. I'm using this as proof that many Sony games open low but leg it out to the millions. Some people here are saying this game won't reach a million LT, which makes me laugh.

And there is an equal amount that started low (some even higher than PSALBR) and couldn't make to a million.

Starhawk, Twisted Metal, SOCOM 4, Haze, White Knight Chronicles, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, MLB The Show to name a few.

Considering the gen (for Sony) is almost over at this point I think that sales under 1m is certainly possible. Obviously it will be clearer after Christmas.

You mean sequels (apart from WKC) with an established fanbase? Of course they would do decent to well in their first week.

Roma said:
lets wait until it's been out for at least a year before calling it a flop now shall we?

Welcome to the internet.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I still don't get how you remember the source material thread after all this time.
Does it even exist anymore?
Is there a way to access the japan is games thread?

I LOVE ICELAND!