By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 24th November 2012 (Black Friday and Wii U week)

ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
Nintendo announces they sold 400K WiiU for the whole black friday week, and then we have the chart showing 448K, 48K more, DAFAQ?!

M$ announced they sold 750K 360, and we have on the charts that it sold 838K; 88K more, how is that possible? I dunno

But when Sony announces they sold 525K PS3, we have on the charts 447K, 78K less.

Judging by Sony numbers, VGchartz is taking the numbers to be sold to the stores, and not the customers. So the most this consoles could have sold is the amount the companies shipped which means 750K for the 360, 400K for the WiiU, 525K for the PS3 but we have in the charts that the first 2 consoles mentioned sold more than they shipped.

Is there something I am not taking into consideration?? If there is a logical reason for this can anyone care to explain?

Yeap... there are more 110k adjustment for PS3 in the previous week.

Adjusted up also in some previous weeks? Because iirc before adjustments, in the last week PS3 outsold XB360,the gap hadn't dropped below 1.6M, like it's shown now:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41217/Global/

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

not bad for the PS3 in the end then and nintendo still shifting buckets of consoles for the week

is Latin America inculed in N.America numbers i thought that was in global,maybe mexico is but not sure about everywhere else

Above & Beyond

Next week WW sales predictions:

3DS - 492k
X360 - 590k
PS3 - 489k

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ethomaz said:

The Gran Turismo 5 case needs a thread to talk about...

- The game is undertracked here by over 500k.
- The game was selling below unknow games and it is not listed in TOP100 for US in the last weeks.
- The game was SOLD OUT in 30 seconds at Amazon ($10) on Black Friday... the wainting list after the SOLD OUT was already over 1k.

I hope PD update their data at the end of the year to over 10 million while VGC shows 8.3 milliion.

if PD have given official numbers than what are vgchartz waiting for? they should fix them immediately. its getting very annoying now.

they dont care, just like with God of War 3 numbers.  The game in june 2012 shipped 5.2M, and obviously since then they have shipped even more, but VGC says fuck it and GOW3 is at 4.5M. Almost 1M units in stores? really? 200k seems reasonable but 1M? WTF!

Meanwhile GOW 1 shipped 4.6M and VGC has it at 4.45M.  Reasonable

GOW2 shipped 4.2M and VGC has it at 4.07M.  Reasonable

But how the fuck they ignore completely GOW3 numbers is just ilogical.

So I bet they are doing the same with GT5.

Santacruz said:
lmao.

so sony says 525k sold the week in black friday.

Vgc thinks. Lets split it up -.- .

Still gran turismo 5 undertracked or do you want to split the sales in gt5 and gt4 ???

Lol, couldn't help but laugh at that.  Have no idea why they are being so slow to update the PS3 numbers with the official numbers that Sony gave, when they made sure their numbers were in line with MS and Nintendo's numbers.

Around the Network

GT5 (Week 105)

+ Sold 62,881 (+30%) units in this week.

+ 8,238,465 LTD.

+ 1,188,573 in 2012.

+ Down from 41st to 55th.

+ Lowest week: 9,628 (Week 24)

+ Highest week: 2,335,820 (Week 1)

+ Average: 78,461 per week

Still UNDERTRACKED!!!

ethomaz said:

GT5 (Week 105)

+ Sold 62,881 (+30%) units in this week.

+ 8,238,465 LTD.

+ 1,188,573 in 2012.

+ Down from 41st to 55th.

+ Lowest week: 9,628 (Week 24)

+ Highest week: 2,335,820 (Week 1)

+ Average: 78,461 per week

Still UNDERTRACKED!!!

EVEN. MORE. EPIC!!!

Forza 4 sold 247k this week.

EPICNESS!!!

pezus said:

Uncharted 2 will be at 6m in 1-2 weeks, Uncharted 3 managed 5m this week. Franchise is rapidly expanding.

FIFA 13 PS3 at 5m in 2 weeks.

AC3: Liberation is at 324k already. Looks like a definite million-seller.

Kinect Star Wars reached a million this week!

BF3 PS3 reached 6m!

PSV version of Playstation All-Stars sold 40k! About what I expected, considering you get it free with the PS3 version.

Forza Horizon sold 55k this week. Slightly up on last week.

RE6 PS3 is over 2m...interesting (happened last week)

Black Ops II sells 90k on Wii U. Significantly less than the Vita game that has around 30 on metacritic. (Declassified sold 80k this week!)

ZombiU is the only 3rd party Wii U game to sell over 100k so far (107k)

Black Ops II sells 90k on Wii U on launch week, achieves an attach rate of just over 20%...

Seems fine to me.

So why is it Sony said PS3 sold 525,000 for the week, yet VGchartz say it sold 447,000?